kobe16
14 years ago
we won't beat St. Louis next week without a o-line.
UserPostedImage
bigfog
14 years ago

Yes, we have O-line trouble, but you can't entirely give up on your players after 2 games. It fell apart much more after Clifton was out.

Who else is out there to help? Are there an FA o-lineman?

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

Pete Kendall is out there. That's about all I can think of.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
If we lose to St Louis, I'm going to be ready to kiss our season goodbye. I'm severely pissed off that we lost to the Bungholes today.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Me too G-pack.
I thought we had a "gimmee" game that we just COULDN'T lose.
Cedric "The Entertainer" Benson runs over our D like he was Barry Sanders.
IF HE can do that, what will Adrian Peterson do??? 300 yards and 5 TD's?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
The unnerving thing to contemplate is that the Packers have put on a graphic visual display for all the league to see, telegraphing exactly how to beat them. And the formula is frighteningly simple: run the ball and blitz every down. And there just so happens to be a team in our division that is licking its chops over the prospect of playing exactly that kind of game.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

Chad was a border-line liability at his best this year. Get over it.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1 for this. Dfosterf and I may be the only two individuals in Packer Nation who believe this, but it doesn't make it any less true, in my NOT so humble opinion.

And as for Mark Tauscher . . . :pukeleft: If you guys get a taste of the medicine you so desperately crave (which you won't, but still . . .), I will be share many private guffaws at your expense.

"dfosterf" wrote:

You may not like Clifton, but in pass blocking we have no one even close to his class on the roster.. period.

You continue to rip on Tauscher.. when in the hell did he ever give up multiple sacks in a single game?

Neither have never been real dominate in run blocking, I agree, but it is very hard to really complain about their pass protection. People make it sound if Tauscher is completely over the hill.. up to his injury last season, he was steady as normally.

Would I like a better option.. certainly, but here we sit two games in and have little for options.. Runyan or Tauscher give us depth at the right side.. but that still leaves the left shallow.. I really was disappointed Meredith was so green..

We rolled the dice on the tackles.. so far I think we have come up short.

BTW... if Tauscher comes in and plays well.. do we get to serve your crow warm or cold? 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I have no problem with Tauscher. He's performed admirably for the Packers for many years. What I have a problem is the knee-jerk response that based on past performance alone, a guy coming off season-ending injury, who hasn't taken a single rep with our team must be automatically better than what we have, that we can just toss him in the game in the middle of the season and expect him to perform. I believe that would backfire. Maybe he can't be any worse than what we have -- maybe. But I doubt he'd be any better, either.

I'd be more than happy to eat a generous helping of 'umble pie if he turned out to be the magical puzzle piece we were missing. But it's not like we exactly had a dominant offensive line last year either.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Knee jerk reactions?

Hardly.. we knew going in that we had offensive tackle questions.. we did little in adding competition to the fray above a draft day sliding tackle.. so I call it losing the hedge bet that we had sufficient depth at the position.. or one could call it a blunder in roster planing.

So we sit here on consecutive weeks, watching one edge or the other get exposed and we have no options to turn to in game to solve the problem because the cupboard is bare at the position.

Colledge maned up to play today on a sprained foot.. but asking him to protect the edge with the same injury is pushing it.. but what choice did we have? Little to none.

It is what it is.. and it is apparent that we don't have the answer on the roster.

So Tauscher if indeed he is ready, wouldn't take a ton of prep to get ready.

Hidden blessing on the schedule.. we get an early bye to try and fix some of these issue.. as long as we are no worse the 2-2 going into the bye.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I actually mentioned in the gameday chat that the injury to Clifton could conceivably be a blessing in disguise. We shall see. Something is going to have to be done.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
14 years ago
Hahaha cheesey that was a great one lmfaooo omg I'm still laughing about it ... worst part is that it's so true it's not even a sarcasm joke lmfaooo
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (48m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.