TexasPackerFan
14 years ago

Rodgers should of got a B. Even though he struggled early he didn't make any turnovers and won the game for us at the end.

"longtimefan" wrote:

He struggled but at same time the WR had catchable balls

"kobe16" wrote:

I agree the D was down his throat all night and he was still making some throws but our receivers gotta make some of those catches. I was opdd seeing DD drop so many balls last night.
blank
Kingdom22
14 years ago
Well we all expected great things from offense, however, The Bears threw many new defensive plays that Packers had no awareness of. In the pres conference, Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy admitted there were some plays they could not figure because they had not seen anything like that on the film for last two years. Now you want to Grade how the Packers did hm..
blank
Stevetarded
14 years ago
Is the defensive line supposed to be that dominant? I though the idea was to free stuff up for the linebackers. Jenkins was just murdering double teams out there.
blank
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

Is the defensive line supposed to be that dominant? I though the idea was to free stuff up for the linebackers. Jenkins was just murdering double teams out there.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I've heard a couple times that there are variants in how your DL plays in a 3-4 - in one the DL are just cloggers but in another they're expected to penetrate and blow things up. I'd expect that Capers employs both depending on the situation.
blank
Yerko
14 years ago

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I've heard a couple times that there are variants in how your DL plays in a 3-4 - in one the DL are just cloggers but in another they're expected to penetrate and blow things up. I'd expect that Capers employs both depending on the situation.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Colinsworth was talking about this during the game last night. He said Capers defense penetrates. The 3 d-lineman will never be gap-cloggers.

They were so damn impressive last night. I can't get over it.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"AKamp74" wrote:

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

Colinsworth was talking about this during the game last night. He said Capers defense penetrates. The 3 d-lineman will never be gap-cloggers.

They were so damn impressive last night. I can't get over it.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

And we really have the personel for that. Jolly, Jenkins and Raji are all guys that can really penetrate into the backfield. Still not that sure about Pickett, but he does what he has to do, hold his ground on nearly every single play. Just once did I see him get really beaten badly. On an iso right side, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, the offense looked slightly out of sync. Something we're really not used to see. The receivers dropped some balls and Rodgers appeared to be feeling the pressure.

The receivers dropping balls where just a fluke, I asume. A guy like Driver doesn't just lose his sure hands. If he could do it with his shoddy and crooked fingers for so long, I'm sure that he'll be able to do it for a little longer. Jordy Nelson never really had any problems with dropping balls either. Like I said, just a fluke.

The O-line though... it's still utter crap. At least, the right side is. Clifton, Colledge (!) and Spitz all looked really solid. Spitz was just manhandling Tommie Harris for quite a while. Sitton was pretty decent as well. Barbre, though... I don't want to go out and make any too radical moves, but this was just horrible. Obviously, we should give him a shot next week, as we're playing the Bungles. I could play RT against the Bungles. If he does continue to struggle against decent, but not great, pass rushes, we should really explore our options with Giacomini or Mereditch. Maybe even try to sign Levi or Tauscher.
Stevetarded
14 years ago
Yeah, I don't know if Tommie Harris is just about done or if Spitz is just that good but he really had his number last night.
blank
Dulak
14 years ago

The only thing I'd disagree with, Barbre gets an F. He was getting his *** kicked out there. It looked like Reggie White was lined up against him. Seriously. And no, that wasn't Reggie White lined up against him.

Because of Barbre, Rogers was shaky. So Barbre managed to bring down Rogers grade. The thing is, Rogers pulled together and managed a game winning drive so I'd actually bump him to a B. The other thing - there were an unacceptable number of dropped passes by our receivers. Had the receivers caught half of those drops, Rogers looks great.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I noticed the reggie white moves too ZS. This guy was good.
porky88
14 years ago
There weren't any As offensively. If there was one, Josh Sitton for manhandling Tommie Harris all game long would be the best candidate. If the Packers can shore up their RT concerns, the offensive line might get going.

Hard to tell if the Bears' pass rush is this improved or not. These are the same guys who basically lead them to a Super Bowl and two division titles not to long ago, but they were bad last year. Cincy has a nice frontline so we'll see how the o-line responds to a week of criticism.

I would give Rodgers a B. He missed two throws to Driver and Jennings that would've been long touchdowns. I'm not sure if he was rushing them or was just off target. That last throw though was a beauty. If you look at the tape, Rodgers is hardly all by himself when he makes that throw. That was clutch.

Greg "I always make the clutch play" Jennings once again is just proving why he's becoming an elite receiver.

Defensively is where the As come in.

Cullen Jenkins, Brandon Chiller, and Johnny Jolly played great games. Those were A+ performances.

What about Ryan Pickett as the unsung hero? He did what a nose tackle has to do and was a big reason why the Packers kept Forte in check.

I thought the secondary was fantastic, but that's stating the obvious. Clay Matthews was well disciplined. He's a starter before season's end.

Overall, defensively A- is probably what I would give them and offensively a B- to C+. I know they didn't do much, but they didn't turn the ball over either which was the difference in the game.
mi_keys
14 years ago
QB: B

I heard the official statistic was 5 dropped balls last night. I clearly remember 4 extremely bad ones (two from Driver and two from Nelson, very uncharacteristic from both) and if I remember correctly all of them directly or effectively ended drives. If those four passes are completed we're looking at Rodgers having 21 of 28 and well over 200 yards (possibly more points scored too). However, he did have some bad misfires including on the two deep balls early and a seem route to Jones. He was hit on the second deep ball but the first he just flat out overthrew it. Overall, he didn't get flustered, he didn't panic, and when it mattered most he did come through. It was an above average performance but we expect superior performances from the quarterback position (aren't we spoiled).

RB: BC, for those of you who went to UW you know what that is... I don't know any other school that gives out this grade

Grant was effective later on in the game and he had good push. He had a very good run of maybe twenty yards called back for a horse shit holding call on Sitton I think. He was less than spectacular though and I thought Wynn was pretty useless.

FB: B

Collectively I don't remember a blown assignment from any of the fullbacks and they made some nice blocks on some key runs.

WR: C-

Too many dropped balls. It was very disappointing to see this from our receivers because I know they're better. Jennings made a hell of a play for the game winning touchdown and Driver did a great job getting open on the one deep ball that Rodgers overthrew. Otherwise, they were quiet. Part of the problem obviously was the lack of protection and how that limited our chances to develop any rhythm.

TE: C

I really didn't see much of them. I had a hard time giving them a grade but given that I don't remember really any noticeable positives or negatives I'm going to say it was an average performance. Feel free to remind me of anything of note with the tight ends.

OL: D+

Sitton and Spitz played well and I don't think I heard Colledge's name called all night which is a good sign. I remember Clifton having one of his dumb false starts and a couple bad penalties. Barbre was completely dominated and really brought down the whole group. I hope this was just one of those nights because he was at least decent in what I saw of him in the preseason. If we can get okay play from the right tackle the line will be fine but that was as far from the case as possible last night. Barbre would be my only individual F if I were to list every player.

Overall Offense: C-

DL: A+

There was absolutely no where to run, no where to hide. Jenkins and Jolly where all over the place, and Pickett left no where to go up the middle. Jolly made the most athletic play I've ever seen from a defensive lineman. He had better hands last night than our receivers. They were absolutely amazing last night.

LB: A

They were solid on blitzes usually getting penetration. Clay Matthews showed flashes of his potential, Chillar played out of mind, Kampman and Hawk were flawless. They also had very few coverage mistakes. They completely shut down the Bears strong tight ends as well as Olsen only had like one catch for 8 yards.

DB: B+

They were ballhawks last night. They need to improve the catching a little bit as they probably could have picked off a few more and there were a couple of blown coverages. However, they were usually very solid.

Overall Defense: A

Special Teams: B+

The coverage units were fantastic, they stayed disciplined even when Hester started running around back and forth and gave him no where to go. Crosby missed a 49 yarder which is worrisome but he didn't let him go to his head. Hopefully, he improves on his accuracy. Kapinos was okay, should've had a few of his punts downed inside the five that weren't but none of his punts were returnable. Also, his shanked punt did take a favorable Bears bounce. Major props to Swain on the fake punt tackle, he was lined up on the outside but noticed what was going on before Garrett Wolfe and then beat him to the middle of the field. If he doesn't get there that could have been bad.

Overall I gave the packers a B for their work last night. The beat a good Bears team despite not clicking on all levels and there are definitely some very big positives to take from this game.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (14h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (19h) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.