14 years ago

My metrics say we kicked the crap out of those three teams.

I don't have the stat.

It is wise to be cautious, but I don't wanna.

:thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

ROFL :thumbright:

That's a +1 for bringing this thread back to what matters.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
14 years ago
everybody is 0-0 right now, but i think we have just as good a shot as any !!
jimmy b.
14 years ago
More than anything injuries largely determine how a team finishes.
blank
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I love how if you dare express optimism, you're told you're "crowning" the team. The entire world now thinks it's Jim Rome. Awesome!

Any fool can look at the Packers' first units' performances thus far and see that they've played very well and at times have even dominated the opponent. As to this idea that nobody's noticed the long runs and seam routes, that's complete bullshit - a good 50% of the posters on this forum have noted all of those issues as concerns. We're aware there are areas where they can improve.

Bottom line is that we've become such a society of cynics and Debbie Downers that some among us have appointed themselves as some sort of designated contrarians - they truly feel that they're doing us some sort of service by "reminding" us of things we all remember quite well. Optimism is not to be tolerated!

I say fuck that - they've looked good so far, and I don't need stats to tell me that.
blank
loosenut
14 years ago

My metrics say we kicked the crap out of those three teams.

I don't have the stat.

It is wise to be cautious, but I don't wanna.

:thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Yeah exactly! My plan heading into the regular season was to be very cautious and not expect anything more then a better season than last year (I learned my lesson after the 97 championship game).

But man, is it hard to be cautious now! I've thrown all that away and I am putting everything into this season... if I get my heart broken again... hey that's football. If we go all the way... it just makes the season even more memorable! I can't wait!
Kingdom22
14 years ago
We are good or we are not we will find out when season comes to an end. So don't be to bothered on if we will be good or not. Let's just things play out.
blank
bboystyle
14 years ago
Anyone playing negative nancy up to this point isnt a fan IMO...We can only judge off of what we see preseason or not...From what i see,no team in the NFL as of right now can claim they are in sync like us and are dominating both sides of the ball like us....So as fans,to this point,we have nothing but positive things to say about this team and have confidence...I mean if people really are complaining about a D who has 13 takeaways in 3 games and only allowed 10 points so far,they need to fall back and get out of perfection mode...Every team has it ups and downs but the Packers have yet to shown any downside with the starters...I mean ZERO! Being excited wont kill ya if you try it! i have faith in this team and not one thing has shown me why i shouldnt...Just because we went 6-10 last year doesnt mean we will do the same this year...Just because we coulndt win close games last year doesnt mean we cant win them this year....
loosenut
14 years ago

We are good or we are not we will find out when season comes to an end. So don't be to bothered on if we will be good or not. Let's just things play out.

"Kingdom22" wrote:

Totally agree with this! Can't wait for this season to finally get underway!
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Anyway, I just ran through all 3 games and it turns out our D was 8 for 16 on 3rd downs. 50%. No idea where he got that 68% number.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

That's one issue with the article: he is continuously shifting between team defense and 1st defense stats. I believe the 68% includes our 2nd and 3rd string D, which let's face it has been horrible.

Heck the writer could have listed how this preseason our team defense is rated dead last in the NFL (no joke, check the stats). However that takes into account our 2nd and 3rd string play, which isn't really an adequate assessment of our starting D.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
porky88
14 years ago
Backups vs. Backups means nothing. You take a look at how the starters do and the Packers' starters have dominated the competition. That's why the National media is taking notice with the Packers as opposed to other successful teams in the preseason in the past like the Lions or Raiders or even some this year.

Teams handle their backups differently. Green Bay feels good about 40 guys or so and you may not see those guys out on the field in the 2nd half of a preseason game.

That's more than half of the regular season roster. That leaves 40 other guys whom a lot will be out of the league competing for an handful of spots or in the example I've given, 13 spots.

So you really can't take backups vs. backups into consideration. Who cares about what Arizona did in the 2nd half. Not one starter was out there for the Packers or the Cardinals.

My point is that there is no way that Packer fans shouldn't be encouraged heading into 2009. Doesn't mean they'll win it all, but GB has every right to think they'll contend. It's not like GB was dominated by Chicago and Minnesota last year.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (20m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.