dfosterf
14 years ago

Let's try not to jump the gun. As much as underwear OTA's mean now compared to training camp, that is how much training camp will mean compared to the regular season. Let's see what Hawk does this year when the games count and the defensive scheme is completely integrated.

"pack93z" wrote:

Lets see.. two plus years on tape and the same Hawk in a notably aggressive defensive camp.. I think it speaks volumes.

And the message is you better get your ass in gear AJ.

First he was defended for being hurt, then it was the scheme holding him back.. now what? :lol:

In other words.. the kid is missing the fire right now.. or missing something. Maybe he struggles in the mental part of the game or over thinks things.. whatever it is.. he hasn't played to his potential.

I don't think he sucks, isn't talented or what not.. I think he is playing under what he is capable of... either that or he extremely over achieved at OSU.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

lol
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Isn't AJ the one who married Brady Quinn's sister?

Perhaps the problem is osmosis -- he's acquired some of the poor performance of his in-laws.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
14 years ago

We already know how you feel

nose in post for clarification purposes only dff

lol

"dfosterf" wrote:

Can't find a translator that converts that back.. but yes Hawk frustrates me to no end... :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Isn't AJ the one who married Brady Quinn's sister?

Perhaps the problem is osmosis -- he's acquired some of the poor performance of his in-laws.

"Wade" wrote:

Lol. Well, Quinn is actually quite decent. Or has been decent in the little playing time he had.

Osmosis is a pretty interesting option. Maybe it's from all those 4-3 OLB practices together with Poppinga. :shaking2:
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
I am not making excuses for AJ, but let's not forget he was injured last year, the first report had him maybe out for the season, but he played the very next Sunday.
The injury obviously slowed him down for a couple of weeks, then Barnett goes down and AJ is put into a position he had never played before.

The point here is that most on this forum think Hawk is underacheiving, while other players who have been injured seem to get a pass and hope is that when and if they get healthy they will finally play up to their potential.

Didn't AJ lead the team in tackles his first year? Maybe it was his second year.

I know nobody here is giving up on AJ Hawk, but it seems every year someone has to be the defensive whipping boy on this forum, looks to me right now it is AJ Hawk.

Let's get to September, and then if he isn't playing up to expectations, he canbe that whipping boy everyone seems to want him to be.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Stevetarded
14 years ago

I look at AJ and the nagging "read and react" hangup he has and equate that to something like an illness. He's had it now for awhile and it is in his system and will probablay take time before he gets over it.

I think he's a good enough athlete and football player to come to terms with this. Pro football players are there because of the things they are able to overcome and my guess is he will progress with time.

"warhawk" wrote:

The problem is I don't see him lasting very long in an aggressive scheme with his current "illness" especially after seeing how Bishop and Chillar go after people. Being a top 5 pick can buy you some time but if you have some talented aggressive and most importantly hungry guys behind you then your time is short.
blank
bozz_2006
14 years ago
hopefully he realizes that and acts accordingly.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago
Thats too bad about Humphrey - I really liked him as receiver last year. To me he was our best TE for catches.
RainX
14 years ago
They'll probably IR Humphrey and then give him an injury settlement since he'd have been a FA again after this season anyways. This does give Havner a better chance to make the final 53, but I wouldn't really be shocked if we just went with two TEs on the roster (Lee and Finley) and kept one or two TEs in reserve on the practice squad in case of injury.
blank
Greg C.
14 years ago
That's funny, I heard that Hawk was all over the field on the first day or two of camp, though admittedly I haven't heard anything about him since then. I highly doubt that he is giving less than his best effort, as some people are implying.

There is a simple reason why a lot of people, including me, think the injuries affected him last year: because he didn't play as well as he had in his first two years. I'm going to wait a little longer before I jump on the "A.J. Sucks" bandwagon.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.