dfosterf
14 years ago
I am sure he was playing to the audience, but I'm also thinking that this is just the kind of stuff that can be a motivator. All in all, I'd rather it was never said, however humorous.

Paul Hornung on Favre in Minnesota 

Paul Hornung on Brett Favre: 'He ain't going to win in Minnesota'By Dave Lubach Gannett Wisconsin Media

July 15, 2009 SHEBOYGAN FALLS Paul Hornung considers Brett Favre a friend. But friendship only goes so far.

Hornung still bleeds green and gold, unlike the quarterback who has turned will-he-or-won't-he retire into a cottage industry.

Still charismatic and boastful at 73, Hornung pleased the many Packers faithful in attendance at the Marshview Conservation Club's 10th annual sports banquet with his prediction on how Favre and the Vikings' season will turn out in 2009, should No. 4 end the drama and finally sign with the Packers' bitter rival.

"(Favre) ain't going to win in Minnesota," Hornung told the crowd on Tuesday night. "I'll bet on it."That last line drew waves of laughs from the 300 people in attendance at the fundraiser. As any diehard Packers fan from the Glory Years knows, the "Golden Boy" was suspended from the NFL in 1963 for betting on games.

Hornung regaled the crowd with tales from his football playing days at Green Bay, where he drew both the ire and praise of rigid coach Vince Lombardi and was known as much for his off-field exploits mostly with cohort Max McGee than his clutch play on it.

"We didn't go out as much as people thought," Hornung said. "It was only four days a week."Dave Lubach writes for the Sheboygan Press

Not losing any sleep over it, but...
dhazer
14 years ago
Here is some comments from Driver on his guy going to Minnesota

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/50900937.html 

And then you go back to look at Minnesota. Minnesota has a great running game, but they just don't have the top-of-the-line quarterback that they need. So I'm hoping my guy doesn't go over there, but if he does then I wish the best for him."

Driver said he talks on the phone with Favre but has not discussed how going to Minnesota will affect his legacy in Green Bay.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
14 years ago
meh - it's just hornung being hornung - he's a great guy with some awesome stories. hell i bet even brett was laughin about it.
Pack93z
14 years ago
Again.. I don't see the pissing on his legacy or the traitor angle that some see or more importantly feel.

The Packers made a choice after Brett made a choice... they parted ways..

Now if you have an opinion on how Brett fits in with Minnesota... that is fair game to me.. but the "traitor" angle is in the same category to me as the Ted hated Brett or we chased him out of Green Bay.. sour grapes.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Bigbyfan
14 years ago
Since when were players, or in this case former players, not allowed to have a little fun with some playful trash talking? I have no problem with this or what Driver said.
blank
dhazer
14 years ago
I guess maybe i should have started a new thread with Driver if one of the mods can fix that. I liked the last line on Drivers article.

Driver said he has not thought about how he'll feel if he has to play against Favre at Lambeau Field.

"When that day happens, then I'll pick up a phone and just ask him, 'Can I have a jersey?' That's all I'll care for."

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

I guess maybe i should have started a new thread with Driver if one of the mods can fix that. I liked the last line on Drivers article.

Driver said he has not thought about how he'll feel if he has to play against Favre at Lambeau Field.

"When that day happens, then I'll pick up a phone and just ask him, 'Can I have a jersey?' That's all I'll care for."

"dhazer" wrote:

That's pretty much what I expected and there's no harm in that. I can imagine that they've become great friends in the time they played with eachother. Where all the other guys on the team come and go, Driver and Favre where pretty much always there. At least, from when Driver was drafted.
Cheesey
14 years ago
It's another "non story".
It's one man's opinion, thats AL it is. I agree with most of what Hornung says in that quote. But that doesn't mean I'll be right. ONLY if it happens will ANY of us know which way it turns out.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.