14 years ago
HOW exactly is Favre a victim?? Let's rehash. Kid grows up with his own dad teaching him football, from a young age. Plays football in college. Manages to make it to the NFL on God given skill, in spite of the fact that he doesn't even know what a nickel defense is (years into his career). After a trade, he drinks his way through his first couple of successful seasons in Green Bay. Wins a Superbowl. Gets addicted to painkillers. Almost loses his wife and family. Decides to tone it down a bit. Plays out the peak of his career in one town, where the fans adore him, even though they never make it back to the Superbowl in the years after '97, including some downright horrible performances in the playoffs. Retires. Unretires. Traded to the Jets as a young and promising QB in Green Bay prepares and studies his ass off to take over for a team and realize HIS dream of being a starting NFL quarterback. Holds an irrational grudge against said young quarterback. Ceases speaking to him. Doesn't return his calls or texts. Has an unlikely hot start to his season, jumpstarted by a Week 1 victory when he throws a wobbly lob pass into the deep middle of the field, where his receiver somehow comes down with it in the endzone surrounded by 3 defenders. A late INT in the endzone secures a victory. As the season wears on, an injury helps in wearing him down, leading to a slump and bad second half of the season, while the Jets miss the playoffs in a division where everybody seemed to be scared of the postseason. Retires again. Wants to unretire again. Finds a possible partner in an old buddy on an ex-division rival team. Perfect situation for him as he wants to stick it to his old GM and front office. Jamie Dukes supports him, feels sorry for him, and calls him a victim. Brett's pockets take a deep breath, readying themselves for the influx of even more millions of dollars.

So how is he a victim?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago
All I have to say is that if Favre truly wanted to play football, why isn't he wearing a Jet uniform this season? When one of the Favre firster people can explain this to me, I am willing to listen.

Until that happens, I am going to insist that Brett's only motivation to play is so that he can "stick to Ted Thompson". This is not a righteous reason to come back and play when you're 40 and rapidly deteriorating.

I don't want to hear about winning a super bowl because the Vikings have more holes than we do. It is unrealistic and I'm willing to bet 93's good leg on it.
UserPostedImage
dingus
14 years ago

Not enough evidence and proven false are 2 entirely different things. It is very hard to prove tampering, let's see where the Titans end up w/ the Haynesworth charges.

"porky88" wrote:

I'm not sure tampering charges can ever be technically "proven false"

How would that be done?

The NFL ruled on it and the ruling was false. You and I have nothing to base anything on but apparently the NFL does. I tend to believe them over you.

Unless you know something the NFL doesn't. If you do please share.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Tampering goes on all over the NFL. It's just insanely hard to prove.

Favre probably did talk with Childress and Bevalle and the talk of him playing there more than likely came up.

The problem is you can't fine two guys for talking to a friend and it's impossible to prove that they indeed did talk about it because they'll just deny and say that they were talking about hunting for example.

I guess my point is.

1. It probably happened.

2. It probably wasn't the first and only time it did happen.

3. Packers are probably guilty of tampering in the past as well and they'll be guilty of tampering in the future too.

4. So will the Vikings again.

Proving it is a different story.

"dingus" wrote:

My point exactly
blank
dingus
14 years ago

All I have to say is that if Favre truly wanted to play football, why isn't he wearing a Jet uniform this season? When one of the Favre firster people can explain this to me, I am willing to listen.

Until that happens, I am going to insist that Brett's only motivation to play is so that he can "stick to Ted Thompson". This is not a righteous reason to come back and play when you're 40 and rapidly deteriorating.

I don't want to hear about winning a super bowl because the Vikings have more holes than we do. It is unrealistic and I'm willing to bet 93's good leg on it.

"DakotaT" wrote:

+1
blank
dd80forever
14 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

There are plenty of FA still out there. Vonnie Holliday must not want to play football either. Mark Tauscher as well. So if we sign a FA from here forward that guy is not a dedicated player?

He just had surgery. I think it would be smart to see if he's able to play before someone signs him.

The fact is you make Jamie Dukes point all the better. If he wants to come back, and the Vikings will sign him, either tomorrow or the day before the season starts, he should do so. It's just sad that that ultra-competitor that you loved when he was in GB is degraded for being the same guy going forward. He ruined your fairy-tale ending, face-it, and that is why you are mad.
blank
14 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

Well one reason would be the grumbling that occurred in NY shortly after Favre arrived there. Coles for one was not happy about the situation. At least in Minnesota he'd have some "allies" in people like Bevell.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

There are plenty of FA still out there. Vonnie Holliday must not want to play football either. Mark Tauscher as well. So if we sign a FA from here forward that guy is not a dedicated player?

He just had surgery. I think it would be smart to see if he's able to play before someone signs him.

The fact is you make Jamie Dukes point all the better. If he wants to come back, and the Vikings will sign him, either tomorrow or the day before the season starts, he should do so. It's just sad that that ultra-competitor that you loved when he was in GB is degraded for being the same guy going forward. He ruined your fairy-tale ending, face-it, and that is why you are mad.

"DakotaT" wrote:

First of all, one reason I'm mad right now is that Favre is allowed to retire, unretire, retire and unretire again to circumvent rules set in place by the NFL. The second reason I'm mad is that I don't want to see him in purple period, I will admit that.

A fairy tale ending for me would have been in '07, but unfortunately, the reveared one had to chuck up some quail so he could get to the locker room faster to warm up.
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
14 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

"dd80forever" wrote:

First of all, one reason I'm mad right now is that Favre is allowed to retire, unretire, retire and unretire again to circumvent rules set in place by the NFL. The second reason I'm mad is that I don't want to see him in purple period, I will admit that.

A fairy tale ending for me would have been in '07, but unfortunately, the reveared one had to chuck up some quail so he could get to the locker room faster to warm up.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Why does that anger you? What difference does it make. Do you think the NFL needs to step in. What rule has Brett Favre broke?

With your attitude it's no wonder Brett would want to stick it to GB. NFC Championship game in OT and he makes a bad throw and somehow that id worse than going 6-10 and not making the playoffs at all. Thats failed logic.
blank
dingus
14 years ago
Going 6-10 was a team effort as was going 13-3 and making it to the NFCCG. The D saved Favre Almighty's ass a couple of times in 07 and failed miserably more often than not in 08. That's not to take anything away from the season Favre had in 07 or cover AR's ass in 08. I don't think we would have made the playoffs last year with 4 behind center and if we did it would have been another one and done because the D was atrocious in 08 and injuries were not < the injuries in 05.

IMO Favre played this offseason pefectly, he's getting what he wanted all along and if anyone thinks this wasn't his plan from the beginning I've got a bridge to sell you in San Fran. He is one shrewd SOB and He REALLY wants to beat the only team he never has.

Victim is one thing Favre Almighty is not.
blank
DakotaT
14 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

"DakotaT" wrote:

"dd80forever" wrote:

Why does that anger you? What difference does it make. Do you think the NFL needs to step in. What rule has Brett Favre broke?

With your attitude it's no wonder Brett would want to stick it to GB. NFC Championship game in OT and he makes a bad throw and somehow that id worse than going 6-10 and not making the playoffs at all. Thats failed logic.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Because it is all calculated for Brett to get to the Vikings. Are you Fvcking blind?

Makes a bad throw, he is a seasoned Vet running the same offense for 16 years and he can't read a check down? The Giants gift wrapped that game to us, but someone had to piss it down his leg.

Get over yourself on 08 and 6-10, it's tiresome and your argument has ran it's course.. We were in every game except 2, but unfortunately we didn't get the breaks, and we were beat up on Defense, whereas in 07 we were relatively injury free. If you can't recogninze that than I feel sorry for you. In 07 we weren't really piss throttling anyone until late in the season. 34-0 over the Vikings, I will cherish forever though.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.