doddpower
14 years ago

I drafted in June last year. I thought it'd add a sense of realism, as you don't have control over injurys in RL either.

I still don't mind it. Having seen pre-season performances does help though. I had David Garrard, Braylone Edwards etc. in my team last year. They where high draft picks and failed me big time.

Anyway, I suggest that we find out when everyone here wants to get into a league, find a good time to draft and see how many guys want to join us.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yeah, but fantasy ball is about fun! I'd hate to have my number one draft pick or so injured all year from pre-season just for a sense of "realism."

I usually play in like 5-6 leagues, so I might play in one league that drafts that early, but it probably wouldn't be my "main" one.
El3ment12
14 years ago
Damn I would join but I don't wanna draft now. it seems to early
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I love fantasy football, but this is just too early to draft, in my opinion. There are too many possibilities of injury, roster cuts, etc. that can arise between now and September.

Of course, I had a draft on the last possible day last year and guess who my No. 1 was?

Tom Brady, naturally.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

I love fantasy football, but this is just too early to draft, in my opinion. There are too many possibilities of injury, roster cuts, etc. that can arise between now and September.

Of course, I had a draft on the last possible day last year and guess who my No. 1 was?

Tom Brady, naturally.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

haha, Brady was my #1 overall pick for my main league last year as well. I didn't really want to, but I mean, how could you not really? The guy was fantasy the gold the year before! Lucky for me, I was able to steal Rodger's in like the 4th round as a backup and he carried me all year. I lost in the conference round, but it was a fluke. Oh well!
14 years ago
I'm not a big fan of fantasy football. I'll be in the sports bar watching a game and somebody is always wishing a player a good performance against the Packers. Their only reason is they have a player on their fantasy football team.

I really don't like the fantasy football player's view on league play. They care only about fantasy team instead of what helps the Packers in playoff positioning. Their loyalties are all screwed up.

When some jerk hopes a Packer/viking game is a low scoring one because the jerk pick the viking defense in his fantasy draft it takes a lot of discipline to not commit an act of violence against the jerk.

This fall if I'm watching the 49'er game and some alleged Packer fan says "I want the Packers to win but Frank Gore to have a great game against them, because he is on my fantasy team." I'll kick his little fantasy butt into next week.

My loyalties are to the Packers and not some temporary fantasy team.

I wish "fantasy" players would shut up about "their team" because no other person in he world cares who is on your fantasy team. It is just bad etiquette.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
CaliforniaCheez, I don't take fantasy football seriously enough to wish an individual's performance over the Packers' performance. Besides, I always am involved in more than one league and I draft at least one all-Packers team, which means my fortunes in that league rise or fall with the Packers', and I get absolutely murdered on bye weeks.

I saw on ESPN a few weeks ago that Aaron Rodgers was the No. 1 fantasy-points earner in the league last year. I found that fascinating, since he wasn't ranked No. 1 in any one category. I guess it just goes to show that having the overall package is the most important thing.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

I'm not a big fan of fantasy football. I'll be in the sports bar watching a game and somebody is always wishing a player a good performance against the Packers. Their only reason is they have a player on their fantasy football team.

I really don't like the fantasy football player's view on league play. They care only about fantasy team instead of what helps the Packers in playoff positioning. Their loyalties are all screwed up.

When some jerk hopes a Packer/viking game is a low scoring one because the jerk pick the viking defense in his fantasy draft it takes a lot of discipline to not commit an act of violence against the jerk.

This fall if I'm watching the 49'er game and some alleged Packer fan says "I want the Packers to win but Frank Gore to have a great game against them, because he is on my fantasy team." I'll kick his little fantasy butt into next week.

My loyalties are to the Packers and not some temporary fantasy team.

I wish "fantasy" players would shut up about "their team" because no other person in he world cares who is on your fantasy team. It is just bad etiquette.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

haha, you're angry!

Of course my "loyalties" are with the Packers. Hell, that's usually why I try to draft Aaron Rodger's, Greg Jennings or Donald Driver, Packer's Defense, etc. etc. It's just an extra little thing to make Packer football even MORE fun.

As for other players, I'll gladly lose fantasy points for the Packers to crush their opponents any day of the week. But if the Packers aren't involved I'm going to be rooting for my fantasy team. It makes otherwise potentially boring games a ton of fun sometimes. I mean, after all, it's just a game. Don't take things so personally, geez! Always calling someone an idiot, jerks, or something! Just relax a bit!

:profileright: :profileright: :profileright:
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Good to know. I just drafted him in a fantasy league.

Anyway, I don't know what all the hatred against FF players is about. I just love to see the Packers win way more than I want to see my fantasy team win, but when I hear someone say that they want their team to win, yet, want their opponents RB to put up big numbers, I have no problem with that.

I had AP on my team last year and with our horrible defense against the run, I was hoping we would win on our pass defense and offense to win while Peterson put up some decent numbers. Still, it felt like a stab in the hearth when he made that last TD in the second game.
IronMan
14 years ago

Just relax a bit!

"doddpower" wrote:

I agree. Simma down now!  
TengoJuego
14 years ago
Waaay too early. I like drafting in August. Don't we have a fantasy league here on PH?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.