longtimefan
14 years ago

I brought up how you don't believe Mike McCarthy when it pertains to the B word, but when its to Kampman, you do.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Damn it Zero I got a 6 pack in me and was going to lay him a new one!!
Cheesey
14 years ago

Again, all I'm saying is Mike McCarthy should not have addressed the situation via the media. Obviously Kampy doesn't want the media in it.

As usual, anything that is viewed as a criticism of the GB organization is met with the worn-out and tired "you hate Ted" reply.

Forget rational debate........GB as an organization does nothing wrong, ever. Even slight criticism leads to the same hardheadedness from the usual suspects.

"dd80forever" wrote:

So....MM tries to deflect the constant questioning, and he's a bad guy? Should he have just said "Go ask Kampman"??? Yeah, that sounds great. Go bug the guy that doesn't want to talk about it.

And lets face the truth. It's not like your opinion is "unbiased". Every chance you get to blast Ted Thompson or MM, you are quick to do so.

And i am NOT a "TT lover". I just believe in giving a person the chance to do their job before calling for their heads. If they don't produce this coming season, then i might jump on the "TT needs to go" bandwagon.

Most of it boils down to you thinking that Ted Thompson made BF go bye bye. Even though the facts have dissproved that.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

Of course Kampmann is experiencing some "hesitance" -- that isn't a reflection of a bad attitude. I ALWAYS experience some hesitance when I try something new, no matter how much I want to do it, how excited I am for the opportunity. It's not that I have a bad attitude -- it's that I lack confidence because I lack competence because I lack experience. Last weekend I was thrilled to go whitewater rafting, but I was a bit hesitant to plunge my oar into the rapids.

"dd80forever" wrote:

I agree, his hesitance is normal. However not speaking to the media when GB encouraged him to do so leads me to believe his hesitance is a little more than just a normal amount.

He's angry, for whatever reason you want to think, I guess.

"porky88" wrote:

I disagree until more is known. Until then you are just speculating much like we all are.

I would argue that Kampman is an honest man and always has been. Perhaps he's just not comfortable enough to talk about the new system. Doesn't mean he's angry. To me portraying Kampman as angry or upset is inaccurate until Kampman says it's not.

Even if he is angry, he's playing on the team. He's there learning the system. This is a non story. Now Kampman not being there while being angry is a story.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Is this Alice in Wonderland? I mean c'mon if he wasn't a bit angry about the switch why is Mike McCarthy publically trying to reassure Kampy that this is the best thing for him.

You can choose to cover your eyes and try to pretend thats not what it is but everything points to exactly that. One of the most accomdating players on the team suddenly goes quiet and Mike McCarthy goes public and says he is "hesitant" and then tries to convince him of that through the media.

Speaking of that, why in the hell if Kampy doesn't want to talk about it publically why is Mike McCarthy doing so? It's like bringing up Donald Driver has asked to have his contact reworked the last 2 years. Why do the Packers continue to use the media to portray people badly?

I guess they are back to the back-stabbing people through the media trick. This could get ugly again.

Things are a little uneasy in Packerland these days. Kampy is unhappy, Driver is mad and Collins would like to at least get some acknowledgement that he exists. Now, GB will start with their calculated media quips to portay themselves as perfect and these 3 as Larry, Curly and Mo.

At least Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have found a new whipping boy. Hell. they've found 3 of them.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Kampman is there period. He's working out and learning the new system. An angry man doesn't do that.

McCarthy has never used the word angry. You and other writers looking for a story have been using that word. There is a difference between anger and hesitation as McCarthy has used.

For example, I would argue Javon Walker was an angry man after Brett Favre said he should report to camp. I would say that Bubba Franks was a hesitant man as he also sat out a portion of camp. There is a difference.

Kampman right now has gone silent. I haven't heard from Ryan Grant lately. Does that mean he's angry?

The media has nothing to talk about especially the Green Bay media. It's Packers all day and every day and without a story, business struggles. I'm not saying there isn't any hesitation on Kampman's part. However since we are playing the speculation game I'll offer up some of my own.

I think Kampman is not upset at the 3-4 adjustment.

1. He worked out better than Terrell Suggs who is a premier player in the system.

2. He's likes a challenge.

3. No competitive player likes being told that he can't do something and that's exactly what this is starting sound like from the likes of several people.

However, Kampman might be a bit disappointed in the timing of this transition.

1. He's in a contract year and learning a new system could result in him not being able to utilize his best capabilities.

2. He's 30 years old and probably wants one more pay day.

3. His best chance at that payday is in the 4-3.

Doesn't mean he's not thinking that if he plays well in the system that he'll be able to add another versatility that will allow him to gain even more value on the open market, but I do believe all are factors. As always both positive and negative.
bozz_2006
14 years ago
Porky, what do you mean he worked out better than Suggs?
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

Porky, what do you mean he worked out better than Suggs?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

I tend to use guys like Harrison, Suggs, Ware, and Merrimen as examples for 3-4 backers because they're the best.

Ware and Merrimen were off the chart, but Suggs wasn't. He only ran a 4.8 I believe at his combine and his numbers weren't that great.

Yet he is a premier 3-4 pass rusher.

Kampman ran like a 4.7 at his pro day I believe.

Just kind of pointing out that Kampman is far more athletic than people give him credit for. Actually more than Suggs. If Suggs can do it, Kampman certainly has the tool set to do it as well.

Of course I'm not saying Kampman is going to be as good as Suggs, but it's just a comparison to start with since Kampman hasn't played in the 3-4.

They're also built similar.
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

I got to thinking about this.. what benefit is it to Aaron to speak to the media?

I can't think of a single reason he should feel compelled to speak...

Look it isn't like the media is going to help him learn the defense, or add anything remotely positive to him making the transition.. look the media hasn't done the Packers nor any of the players a favor in the past season.. go ask Nick Collins on that...

"pack93z" wrote:

I don't think it provides any assistance to talk to the media, no. Also - and I'm asking here, because I don't know - does Kampy talk to the media a lot? I don't recall it much, so maybe he's just not into it?

EDIT: Some reporter characterized his silence as unusual, so I guess that answers my question.

My personal guess is that, as always, the truth is somewhere in the middle of where you lot like to take your positions. I'm sure he's unsure of his fit in the new system, and I'm sure he's not overly thrilled to have this change come in a contract year. I would bet a fair nickle that he's well sick and tired of the press and the fans (per my recollection many of the posters here have written that you don't think he can play his new position - it's not just the media) predicting that he can't do it. That isn't a recipe for a happy guy.

How mad is he? How in the HELL would any of us know? He's at voluntary stuff, so he's obviously not mad enough to boycott or make a spectacle. I would imagine we'll find out how mad he is and how well he fits in our new system pretty soon - maybe then there'll be enough real meat for discussion that things won't degenerate into the usual two-party funtime.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I think it was mentioned that Grant hasn't spoken, but he has. We actually have the video of it in our video section. That's besides the point. Not every single player needs to get in front of the camera or mic and say 'hello im happy i love my job heh heh next question'. Kind of like how someone was expected to make an announcement he was playing again the next season. I don't get why we have special 'guidelines' for certain players to meet or else we just assume the worst.
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
14 years ago

Again, all I'm saying is Mike McCarthy should not have addressed the situation via the media. Obviously Kampy doesn't want the media in it.

As usual, anything that is viewed as a criticism of the GB organization is met with the worn-out and tired "you hate Ted" reply.

Forget rational debate........GB as an organization does nothing wrong, ever. Even slight criticism leads to the same hardheadedness from the usual suspects.

"Cheesey" wrote:

So....Mike McCarthy tries to deflect the constant questioning, and he's a bad guy? Should he have just said "Go ask Kampman"??? Yeah, that sounds great. Go bug the guy that doesn't want to talk about it.

And lets face the truth. It's not like your opinion is "unbiased". Every chance you get to blast Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy, you are quick to do so.

And i am NOT a "Ted Thompson lover". I just believe in giving a person the chance to do their job before calling for their heads. If they don't produce this coming season, then i might jump on the "Ted Thompson needs to go" bandwagon.

Most of it boils down to you thinking that Ted Thompson made Brett Favre go bye bye. Even though the facts have dissproved that.

"dd80forever" wrote:

I got a chuckle out of this whole post, especially the part that said you are not a Ted lover. Then you bring up Brett as the reason but as pointed out time after time after time after time I can show you a whole forum where I bitched about Ted long before the Brett fiasco. You can't seem to understand that though for whatever reason.

Anyways Kampy is unhappy, you can try to act like he's not but you and I know it's true. I've read numerous other forums about this subject and noone is even disputing the fact. It crystal clear. but you can believe what you want to if it makes you feel better.
blank
longtimefan
14 years ago

Kampy is unhappy, you can try to act like he's not but you and I know it's true. I've read numerous other forums about this subject and noone is even disputing the fact. It crystal clear. but you can believe what you want to if it makes you feel better.

"dd80forever" wrote:

So what if he is unhappy?? I bet there are a few more that are but they still do their jobs.

How someone can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is UNHAPPY is a little bit far fetched.

It does APPEAR he is unhappy cuz he always does talk to the media,but cant say 100% he is.

Could just be that he doesnt want to talk to the media because like Zero said, he is pissed cuz they said he wont like it, or wont do good.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Whatever, clearly you are looking for a friggin pissing match.

"dd80forever" wrote:

"dd80forever" wrote:

So....Mike McCarthy tries to deflect the constant questioning, and he's a bad guy? Should he have just said "Go ask Kampman"??? Yeah, that sounds great. Go bug the guy that doesn't want to talk about it.

And lets face the truth. It's not like your opinion is "unbiased". Every chance you get to blast Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy, you are quick to do so.

And i am NOT a "Ted Thompson lover". I just believe in giving a person the chance to do their job before calling for their heads. If they don't produce this coming season, then i might jump on the "Ted Thompson needs to go" bandwagon.

Most of it boils down to you thinking that Ted Thompson made Brett Favre go bye bye. Even though the facts have dissproved that.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I got a chuckle out of this whole post, especially the part that said you are not a Ted lover. Then you bring up Brett as the reason but as pointed out time after time after time after time I can show you a whole forum where I bitched about Ted long before the Brett fiasco. You can't seem to understand that though for whatever reason.

Anyways Kampy is unhappy, you can try to act like he's not but you and I know it's true. I've read numerous other forums about this subject and noone is even disputing the fact. It crystal clear. but you can believe what you want to if it makes you feel better.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Oh, the irony....

I think Aaron Kampman will bust some people up this year. I hope he's ticked. Anger can be a good motivator.
UserPostedImage