wils0646
14 years ago
Calvin Johnson is a freak of nature. He is a ridiculous talent. Crabtree definitely isn't in his class.
The Pack Will Be Back.
porky88
14 years ago
Johnson is the best receiving prospect of this decade and maybe ever. He's certainly special.

Crabtree is actually more in the same mold as a Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, or Boldin. Bigger and slower yes, but they do everything else really well too.

Johnson does everything well. He's big, fast, good hands, nice route runner, and I could go on and on. Can't find much of a flaw.

Of course though Johnson isn't on the market.

Nonestop your point is great about the defense, but it's all about the future with the draft.

In 98, Green Bay had a pretty good receiving core. Freeman was coming off a outstanding year I believe.

GB's biggest need was to find the heir apparent to Reggie White. They did that or tried to and drafted Vonnie Holiday.

Few picks later, Minnesota takes Randy Moss.

Looking back, Moss certainly wasn't the need pick, but he would've been the right pick. Absolutely no doubt and that's my worry with passing Crabtree and going with Raji.

Of course I do think Crabtree isn't on the same level as Moss was coming out and Raji is on a much higher level than Holiday so it could all even out.
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The problem is our DL. Fix the DL, you fix the D. Plug the middle, you stop the run. Generate pressure on the opposing QB, and we now have a top 10 D.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Thats why we should have gotten Haynesworth. He would have fixed our defense overnight along with Raji and Mathews giving us one of the best defenses in the league along with one of the best offenses. Who knows what Raji will do @ NT? I have no idea.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

The problem is our DL. Fix the DL, you fix the D. Plug the middle, you stop the run. Generate pressure on the opposing QB, and we now have a top 10 D.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Thats why we should have gotten Haynesworth. He would have fixed our defense overnight along with Raji and Mathews giving us one of the best defenses in the league along with one of the best offenses. Who knows what Raji will do @ NT? I have no idea. I know 14 mil per season is A LOT but if 14 mil per season gives you a dominant defense instead of a mediocre one and if you consider KGB's 5 mil or so leaving, well.............Just seems like dominant OT's and DT's are almost impossible to come by moreso than any other position.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
go.pack.go.
14 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Thats why we should have gotten Haynesworth. He would have fixed our defense overnight along with Raji and Mathews giving us one of the best defenses in the league along with one of the best offenses. Who knows what Raji will do @ NT? I have no idea.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Sorry, but I would rather not pay a player that is injury prone 100 million dollars to come and play in a system that he has no experience in. And also, it seems like he only plays at his best when he is trying to get the big bucks (last year).

Now you're going to say that Raji has no experience in this system either, but are we paying him 100 million dollars? Is he injury prone? Does he take plays off?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Sorry, but I would rather not pay a player that is injury prone 100 million dollars to come and play in a system that he has no experience in. And also, it seems like he only plays at his best when he is trying to get the big bucks (last year).

Now you're going to say that Raji has no experience in this system either, but are we paying him 100 million dollars? Is he injury prone? Does he take plays off?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

No. No. He's told to, but I haven't seen a lot of it.

I agree with what you say. There's no way that one player is worth a 100 million, or he has to be really, really special. Like Peyton or so. Haynesworth is, like you said, injury prone, tends to take plays off, is inconsistent and has some serious attitude problems on the field when things aren't going his way.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, and has the asking price not been that ridiculous I wouldn't have minded him joining our team, but he's not worth was he got.
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Haynesworth has been the most dominant D-lineman for the last 2 or 3 years at least. Just because nobody noticed or said it so much means nothing Injury prone? Plays off? Are we talking Randy Moss and Harrell here? Missing 5 games in 3 years(suspension not counting in 2005) is not too bad. Experience in the system means nothing for a NT. It means absolutely zero. A NT in this system only does one thing all the time. Go up field, take on 2 or 3 blockers, hold the middle. I dont think i've ever seen anyone who does it better than big Al. Gilbert Brown was good but he would get fatigued too quickly and wasn't nearly as active.

It's 100 million bucks. I get it but Reggie Whites 5 mil per season was just as huge back then. The days of getting pro bowlers for 1.5 mil per season is over.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
go.pack.go.
14 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Haynesworth has been the most dominant D-lineman for the last 2 or 3 years at least. Just because nobody noticed or said it so much means nothing Injury prone? Plays off? Are we talking Randy Moss and Harrell here? Missing 5 games in 3 years(suspension not counting in 2005) is not too bad. Experience in the system means nothing for a NT. It means absolutely zero. A NT in this system only does one thing all the time. Go up field, take on 2 or 3 blockers, hold the middle. I dont think i've ever seen anyone who does it better than big Al. Gilbert Brown was good but he would get fatigued too quickly and wasn't nearly as active.

It's 100 million bucks. I get it but Reggie Whites 5 mil per season was just as huge back then. The days of getting pro bowlers for 1.5 mil per season is over.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

You'll also be missing him when he stomps another person in the face or kills somebody (exaggeration) and gets suspended or is in jail.

He is a good player but he has too many flaws off the field to be worth anything near that much money.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

You'll also be missing him when he stomps another person in the face or kills somebody (exaggeration) and gets suspended or is in jail.

He is a good player but he has too many flaws off the field to be worth anything near that much money.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

He's not a girl scout. He's a Defensive tackle. he genuinely apologized for losing his cool with andre gurode and his team and the nfl saw fit to re-instate him. Good enough for me.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
doddpower
14 years ago

He's not a girl scout. He's a Defensive tackle. he genuinely apologized for losing his cool with andre gurode and his team and the nfl saw fit to re-instate him. Good enough for me.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Until he loses his cool again. Then you have a $100 million dollar player sitting on the bench for a number of games again.

No thanks. I can't believe we're even acknowledging this argument. I would love to have him on this team, but NOT at that price, forget it.

Dude, if you want to argue free agents, argue why we don't sign guys such as Canty, Igor, Carter, or Holliday. THAT would be a very valid argument that I would like to understand more. The addition of one or two of these types of players could be enough to push us over the edge. Without them, we might come up just short. Who knows.