wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

First off Boldin wouldn't play in Green Baye because he wouldn't get the money. Also has Jennings made the mistake and signed a contract extension yet? I don't think he has so how can you say we would have a great tandem for years to come.

Why i wanted Crabtree is to cover if Jennings leaves to free agency, before you guys get your panties in a bunch, listen to the reasoning i see Jennings leaving plain and simple. The NFL is a business and with an uncapped year next year Jennings will be offered a ton of money we won't match. If somehow Jennings signed an extension he would be one of the stupidest players in the nfl. We drafted Crabtree he would be just as good as Jennings and we would still have Driver. How does Driver and Jones look to you folks now?

"Trippster" wrote:

First off, Jennings would not be the stupidest player in the NFL as there is no such word as stupidest. He might be considered the most stupid or more stupid.

Why is it you cant get past Crabtree? Same with Favre and Thompson?

I am sensing a pattern here that is a little unnerving. an inability to accept change and the present.

Have you had any restraining orders put on you lately? j/k :icon_smile:

We already have one of the strongest receiving corps in football. Why would anyone feel the need to strengthen what is already considered a major strength. A football team, as is with any type of team, is only as good as it biggest weakness. That is how you improve a team, from the weakness on up. I feel that Thompson has been slowly been doing that. It is not a one, two , or even a four year project. It takes a while and I feel we are headed in the right direction.

"dhazer" wrote:

I understand Dhazer's hypothesis. (Actually it is more of a theory than a hypothesis.) He thinks Jennings will be gone after this year which will greatly weaken the receiving corps. (I disagree with it but I understand it.) Hazer therefore is looking for ways to shoer up the alleged weak WR group by adding Crabtree or Boldin.

The good news is that it is not needed.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Jennings wouldn't be eligible for banking in on the uncapped year until the 2012 season though.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

Jennings wouldn't be eligible for banking in on the uncapped year until the 2012 season though.

"SlickVision" wrote:

how do you figure he will be classified a restricted free agent. So why can't he get the big bank?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Dhazer why do you have to make us sad ... why... Go take a lollipop from a baby or something why doncha!

:-p
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
zombieslayer
14 years ago

We already have one of the strongest receiving corps in football. Why would anyone feel the need to strengthen what is already considered a major strength.

"Trippster" wrote:

Bingo.

With 5 to 6 being average, 10 being the best in the NFL and 1 being the worst, our WR corps is a 9, or arguably a 9.5 (Arizona and the Pats have the best WR corps).

Our DL on the other hand is a 3 or 4.

So, we get Crabtree and we go up to 10. Big improvement.

I'm stoked Ted Thompson went after the DL. Seeing a mediocre RB rush for 5 yards right up the middle, then 6 yards right up the middle and get the first down, then another 5 yards. Then another 5 yards and another first down. And this happens all day long. That was driving me nuts.

So was the opposing QB who had five or six seconds before his pocket collapsed. Geez. You wonder why I had more fun watching the Jets last year than the Packers? That's why. I HATE seeing us lose. Yes, I take the games too seriously. So sue me.

I don't want to see the same s*** in '09 that I was seeing in '08. Crabtree is not going to stuff the middle of the DL, nor is he going to put any pressure on the opposing QB. He will simply help us even up the score after the opposing team takes the lead because we can't stop them from scoring.

Hats off to TT. He pissed me off last year. This year, I want to shake his hand. I'm stoked about Raji and Matthews and glad we didn't get Crabtree.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Rockmolder
14 years ago

We already have one of the strongest receiving corps in football. Why would anyone feel the need to strengthen what is already considered a major strength.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Bingo.

With 5 to 6 being average, 10 being the best in the NFL and 1 being the worst, our WR corps is a 9, or arguably a 9.5 (Arizona and the Pats have the best WR corps).

Our DL on the other hand is a 3 or 4.

So, we get Crabtree and we go up to 10. Big improvement.

I'm stoked Ted Thompson went after the DL. Seeing a mediocre RB rush for 5 yards right up the middle, then 6 yards right up the middle and get the first down, then another 5 yards. Then another 5 yards and another first down. And this happens all day long. That was driving me nuts.

So was the opposing QB who had five or six seconds before his pocket collapsed. Geez. You wonder why I had more fun watching the Jets last year than the Packers? That's why. I HATE seeing us lose. Yes, I take the games too seriously. So sue me.

I don't want to see the same s*** in '09 that I was seeing in '08. Crabtree is not going to stuff the middle of the DL, nor is he going to put any pressure on the opposing QB. He will simply help us even up the score after the opposing team takes the lead because we can't stop them from scoring.

Hats off to Ted Thompson. He pissed me off last year. This year, I want to shake his hand. I'm stoked about Raji and Matthews and glad we didn't get Crabtree.

"Trippster" wrote:

It was my first year of actually watching entire NFL games, so I enjoyed them all. I have to admit though, watching the Packers defense was pretty frustrating.

Especially if I had watched a Ravens game the week before or so. You see them running around, coming with 6 people, still being able to cover the WRs, forcing either a dump-off for 2 yards or getting a sack. I hope our defense will go that way. It's a bit unrealistic to expect that right away, but if we get there in year 3 or so, I'm a very, very happy fan.
Pack93z
14 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

how do you figure he will be classified a restricted free agent. So why can't he get the big bank?

"SlickVision" wrote:

First.. if they tendered him at the highest amount, I believe the compensation is a 1st and a 3rd... so that alone would detract many a team.

Then add to it the Packers would have the right to match any offer given, most teams left won't want to do the negotiating for the Packers.. the only real risk here is some type of poison pill slid into the contract.. say a bonus clause for 5 TD catches in Lambeau in a given season with a high escalator in it.. mild risk.

Ironic that his conversation takes place in this thread, as that 1st and 3rd pick is what is believed to be asked for from the Cards.. and no one has bitten to date.

And if the Packers are backed into a corner.. there is always the franchise tag..

Here is to none of that being needed. :cherry:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
4PackGirl
14 years ago

dhazer, sounds like to me that you don't want Jennings here.....is that because Ted Thompson drafted him and he turned out to be a great player?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

"dhazer" wrote:

Where do you get i don't want Jennings here? Just because i said if he signed an extension he would be stupid? Its all about the Benjamins buddy. Would you sign an extension when you know you could hit the lottery?

"go.pack.go." wrote:

i would knowing full well at any given moment, my career could be over in a flash! jennings is a religious person & i hope has learned that life is about a helluva lot more than the friggin "benjamins"!! sign a nice extension, stay above the fray, & continue doing a job you love with a team you (hopefully) love!
zombieslayer
14 years ago

It was my first year of actually watching entire NFL games, so I enjoyed them all. I have to admit though, watching the Packers defense was pretty frustrating.

Especially if I had watched a Ravens game the week before or so. You see them running around, coming with 6 people, still being able to cover the WRs, forcing either a dump-off for 2 yards or getting a sack. I hope our defense will go that way. It's a bit unrealistic to expect that right away, but if we get there in year 3 or so, I'm a very, very happy fan.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yes it was.

I became a huge Aaron Rodgers fan in '08 and didn't get the dislike for the guy. He was great, but every time Aaron Rodgers would get us a lead, the D would let the opposing team score. Plus, most of the time the D would fold early and we'd be playing catchup. How many times did Aaron Rodgers even up the score only to see the D lose it in the final minute?

Actually, it isn't unrealistic to think a D can be improved overnight. Fix a few holes and we got a good D. We actually may have the best DB corps in the NFL. Woody, Al, Nick, and Atari. Name four others you'd rather have. The trick is you have to pick a team, you can't just pick four guys from four different teams. Bet you can't do it.

The problem is our DL. Fix the DL, you fix the D. Plug the middle, you stop the run. Generate pressure on the opposing QB, and we now have a top 10 D.

Here are my IFs:
1) Jenkins is healty in '09,
2) Bustin plays 16 games. He doesn't even have to be good. He just needs to give our other boys a breather. That's all he has to do.
3) Raji starts and helps plug up the middle.
4) Kampy continues to be the Kampy we know and love.

All four of these happen and we got a top 10 D in '09. I have faith in Dom. I've seen him in action and he's good, very good.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yes it was.

I became a huge Aaron Rodgers fan in '08 and didn't get the dislike for the guy. He was great, but every time Aaron Rodgers would get us a lead, the D would let the opposing team score. Plus, most of the time the D would fold early and we'd be playing catchup. How many times did Aaron Rodgers even up the score only to see the D lose it in the final minute?

Actually, it isn't unrealistic to think a D can be improved overnight. Fix a few holes and we got a good D. We actually may have the best DB corps in the NFL. Woody, Al, Nick, and Atari. Name four others you'd rather have. The trick is you have to pick a team, you can't just pick four guys from four different teams. Bet you can't do it.

The problem is our DL. Fix the DL, you fix the D. Plug the middle, you stop the run. Generate pressure on the opposing QB, and we now have a top 10 D.

Here are my IFs:
1) Jenkins is healty in '09,
2) Bustin plays 16 games. He doesn't even have to be good. He just needs to give our other boys a breather. That's all he has to do.
3) Raji starts and helps plug up the middle.
4) Kampy continues to be the Kampy we know and love.

All four of these happen and we got a top 10 D in '09. I have faith in Dom. I've seen him in action and he's good, very good.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I think our defense can improve. There's nearly nowhere to go but up. The thing I was referring to, though, was the well-oiled machine that is the Ravens defense. It's controlled chaos. You need a good leader or two, a safety who can read everything, a team that knows who's where and doing what at every time. I don't think you can put that together in one year. Most of these things are barely coachable, but come with experience.

As for your better secondary. We're one of the couple of top teams.

The Jets are up there. CB - Darrelle Ravis, Lito Sheppard, S - Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes.

The Steelers can just barely hold on the no. 1 spot in my eyes aswell, mainly because of their SS and CB depth. CB - Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend, S - Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu.

Then, ofcourse, the Ravens are up there aswell. Their corner position is just a little shaky in my eyes with the release of McAlister.

But, I agree, we're one of the top 3 secondarys easily, in my eyes.

I also like your Ifs. One thing I'd like to add though. Hoping that our corners aren't declining. I know they're great, but they are getting up there in age. Especially Harris. It's a miracle he's still playing on such a high level. We might take that for granted a little to much.