Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Who cares if Ruvell Martin is Rodgers' best friend? Keeping him for that reason would be pure nepotism. His production has been virtually non-existent, and I am sure that even in a sub-par year, one of our UFDA's could exceed his production.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
We need camp receivers, what these couple WR signings tell me is that the PS receivers have been disappointing to date.. and that they are looking for competition for the receivers in the 5, 6, & 7th spot... the last two being PS players that can be signed up in case of injury.

Also what I gather by this, is they are preparing for Driver's exit in the next couple years.. Mike McCarthy like 4 and 5 WR sets.. that requires having 4 or 5 solid receivers..

That said, I hope it is a message not just to Martin, but to Jones and Jordy as well.. keep sharp we will have some guys that can play nipping at your heels.

Why not more competition at RB and TE though.. I see one of each on the UDFA...

What will be interesting as well, whom gets cut to make room for these kids?

The drafted kids don't have to sign right away, but I think we only had 7 or 8 spots open on the roster going into the draft.. big mini upcoming for a number of players on this roster.. newly or otherwise.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
Did we get Willie or didn't we? Go Pack Go has him listed, but no link to the source.

It seems like Non still has him in the "unconfirmed" category...

?
Trippster
14 years ago
Willie Williams, if true, could be huge. IF he has straightened his life out as written, he could be the great uncover that Thompson has made a name for himself with....

That excites me. on the other hand...Green Bay citizens, keep your kids and your valuables locked up for a while til his true charachter show its self.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
The Packers have signed one TE and are bringing in another for a tryout. They've signed the RB candidate to a three-year deal and even given him a modest signing bonus, so I think that puts some clear pressure on Lumpkin and Wynn. I find it interesting that they promised Sutton's agent not to draft a RB prospect as a condition for signing him.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Rumors are flying all over the internet about Willie Williams, but frustratingly, I can't find any official confirmation of the signing.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I do find it curious that we are bringing in so many WRs when we just re-signed Ruvell Martin 10 days ago.

According to NEPatriotsDraft.com , the Packers have indeed signed Willie Williams, but apparently the Packers are known for being extremely tight-lipped about UDFAs until they have them under contract. So I'm guessing we'll have to wait a few days for confirmation.

Packers
WR Andy Brodell (Iowa)
RB Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern)
WR Kole Heckendorf (North Dakota State)
TE Carson Butler (Michigan)
WR Jaron Harris (SDSU)
DE Ron Talley (Delaware)
OL Evan Detrick-Smith (Idaho State)
WR Jamarko Simmons (Western Michigan)
OG Dario Nanni (Stillman Valley)
LB Willie Williams (Union College)
P Kurt Achter (UW-Oshkosh)

The thought of our defense with Raji, Matthews, Kampmann, Harris, Woodson, and Williams is SCARY.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

I find it interesting that they promised Sutton's agent not to draft a RB prospect as a condition for signing him.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

This is a positive and very much under-appreciated aspect of how Ted Thompson operates, imo.

I have read from many sources that one thing Ted is known for is his integrity. He does not bullshit his colleagues, and he does not bullshit players. I have often contemplated a couple of our "near-signings" with that thought in mind.

I go back to the near signing of a certain all-pro Tight End last year. I would bet that Ted would have a tough time trading with KC under just about any circumstances... I don't think he likes getting lied to, and I don't think he lies. You can also review a couple other "near signings" and draw this same conclusion, again, imo.

He just goes quiet. :icon_smile:
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I think it's incredible that Thompson is bringing in almost all the UFDAs we bandied about this forum before the draft even occurred. It shows we have some awesome amateur draft analysts here. Kudos especially to dfosterf for all the gems he dug from the muck. He has a great eye.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Apparently maybe the worst is behind Williams as a thug... maybe the call of the NFL dollars made him change..

Should be interesting..

So that might be the end of the story except that Williams, who starred at Carol City High in Miami, has reportedly turned his life around and seems to be headed for a chance to play in the NFL. His 36 month probation term was cut short by six months for good behavior .

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.