Trippster
14 years ago

I was amazed at the arm strength of Arod. I was firmly planted in the camp of "no more lasers once Brett was gone".

I was wrong.

I will put Arod's arm up against anyone's.

"SlickVision" wrote:

I was in the same camp. I was even sort of 'saddened' by the thought. I always liked seeing a ball zip through the air! While watching other QB's throw and seeing it just kind of hang forever was boring. It was great seeing ZIP out of the Favre's hand and then SLAM into the WR's hands. I'm glad that Rodgers has a cannon too!

Make no mistake about it though, I believe at the same age, Favre had a stronger arm. that's just my opinion. I watched that Bengals game and WOW, those were brown streaks and I'm not talking about the ones in Cheesey's tighty whites that are sewn shut with green floss either.

"Trippster" wrote:

:shock: +1

Aaaaaaaaand you know this.........how? :magnifyglass:
"Let Your Light Shine!"
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I love Rodgers as much, if not more, than many - but I have to go with Greg C. on this. Rodgers has had one very good year and clearly has a lot of potential. Cutler has proven more thus far, because he's simply been on the field more - obviously, he's not coming to a team that has the same level of offensive talent (though you could argue he's never had a RB as good as he'll have going forward, and then someone else could counter that he lost a running system that turns anyone into a productive back) and he'll have to learn a new system. So I could see Rodgers having a better year this upcoming season, sure.

I do think it's putting the cart before the horse to pile on accolades like "best QB in the NFC Central" and "future HOF'er", though - I believe the kid's capable of those things, but I also think it's just way too early to tell. Last year at this time I doubt anyone would have guessed that our passing game would be fine, but our running game and defense would let us down - it's a whacky sport that way.
blank
PackerTraxx
14 years ago

I have not seen this posted, and it is a good read.

Heretofore, I am posting this... This article is EXACTLY how I feel about the change in the QB Structure in our division.

I personally do not feel at all threatened by the Bears "HUGE" Give........ To Get in the Trade with the BRONCOS.

Aarron is going to be very special.... We, as fans are blessed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/151855-aaron-rodgers-is-still-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfc-north 

"zombieslayer" wrote:

RP - I didn't read the link yet, but I'll have to say...

One thing I really like about you is your love for Aaron. Aaron in '08 won me over. I was a HUGE Brett Favre fan (still am), but if anyone was going to replace our beloved QB, I'm glad it was Aaron Rodgers.

Cutler may have the stronger arm, but I've seen Aaron complete 40+ yard passes consistently, just like Brett Favre does.

And who cares about stronger arms if you can't complete a pass? Who's that guy on the Raiders who can throw from the 50 yard line on his knees through the goal posts? Wow. Neat-o trick. But when it comes game time, who's completing deep passes? Aaron Rodgers, that's who. Not that Raiders guy. Don't mean to diss your fave team, but I'm giving comparisons here.

Cutler is a damn good QB. But if I had to bet who will finish '09 with more TDs and a higher completion percentage, I'll put my money on Aaron Rodgers over Cutler.

Speaking of which, my Niner friend thinks Cutler is better than Aaron. I think I'll bet him a bottle of really good Scotch. I don't drink Scotch, but I should. Scotch has a sophisticated air to it, and I'm a sophisticated man. Any suggestions on what I'll be drinking at the end of the '09 season? Thanks in advance.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I feel blessed to have Aaron also. Not too many times do you end up with a good/great QB following a legend/great QB. See Starr, Namath, Bradshaw, Marino, Aikman, Unitas, Stabler etc. I not overly concerned about who has the best arm strength or passing yardage. Montana didn't have a gun and didn't pass for the most yardage but he did OK. It's who wins the most games.

Which brings to SF. He's(your friend) just pissed because they have Alex Smith and we have Aaron Rodgers and they had first pick! :thumbleft:
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I don't think we have anything to fear when it comes to Aaron's arm strength. When he filled in for Favre during the fateful Cowboys game, I was a little perturbed by how skinny he looked -- I was afraid he'd be snapped like a pencil. Last year he put on weight, and it was obvious he could throw the deep bomb and the short laser. Judging by the pictures we've seen of Aaron in recent weeks (e.g., the shot of him in Vegas), he's put on even more weight. Compared to what he weighed two years ago, the guy looks huge right now. I have to think that bodes well not only for his arm strength, but also for his durability.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
14 years ago
A-Rod probably made our o-line look good right until we started to run the ball.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Orygunfan76
14 years ago
Anybody think that the Bears Wr's lack of production had to do with their ongoing inept QB situation? That might change this season...just a thought. This should be a nice competitive season in thw NFC North.
blank
PasckAttack001
14 years ago
Hey can any1 give me the link to recent pics of A-Rod I want to see how much weight he put on.
360 gamertag: jbone0001
msg me to play madden anytime! or left4dead.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.