dfosterf
15 years ago
GM / Chrysler warranties to be honored by U.S. 

Pentagon: "Pentagon, Col. Schmuckatelli speaking. This is a non-secure line."

Me: "Yes, Colonel, I'm experiencing an intermittent rattle under my dashboard, and I want you guys to fix it for me."

Pentagon: "Well, sir, what DOD agency are you with, perhaps I can direct your call to the appropriate motor pool OIC."

Me: "Oh, no, I'm not in the DOD. I'm a Chevy owner, and your Commander-in-Chief just promised to warranty my car. Now the piece of crap is rattling, and I want to know what you are going to do about it." "It's really quite irritating, and I paid good money for this rattle-trap against my better judgment...the guy at the dealership told me that if anything ever went wrong that I was not to worry because you guys would take care of it."

Pentagon: "Sir, the Armed Forces of the United States are NOT in the business of fixing warranty claims on civilian vehicles!"

Me: "Look, Colonel, maybe you didn't get the memo. Your boss promised to fix my friggin' car, and I want it fixed now...and while you are at it, I want a damn loaner...gimme a tank or maybe a Bradley Fighting vehicle...I don't want no Hummer, though, I hear they're worse than my damn Chevy."

Pentagon: "You know, your voice sounds familiar...aren't you the guy that reported the UFO's in Wisconsin?"

Me: "Ya, but I'm not having that kind of problem this time. I just want you to honor your warranty...Don't you soldiers have some sort of Duty, honor country pledge thing going on? I mean really...if I knew you guys were going to be such a major hassle every time I needed my car fixed I'da bought a Toyota like my wife told me to in the first place."

Pentagon: "Are you quite finished now, sir?"

Me: "Well, while you got it in there, check the pressure in the tires and give it a lube, oil and filter, will ya?"

Pentagon: "Anything you say, sir, anything you say. I'll have that tank out to you in the morning...have a nice day."

Me: "It's about time I got some decent service out of my dealership...Geez."
Formo
15 years ago
To answer the thread title: Yes, unless the nation as a whole stands up against the Government.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Cheesey
15 years ago

GM / Chrysler warranties to be honored by U.S. 

Pentagon: "Pentagon, Col. Schmuckatelli speaking. This is a non-secure line."

Me: "Yes, Colonel, I'm experiencing an intermittent rattle under my dashboard, and I want you guys to fix it for me."

Pentagon: "Well, sir, what DOD agency are you with, perhaps I can direct your call to the appropriate motor pool OIC."

Me: "Oh, no, I'm not in the DOD. I'm a Chevy owner, and your Commander-in-Chief just promised to warranty my car. Now the piece of crap is rattling, and I want to know what you are going to do about it." "It's really quite irritating, and I paid good money for this rattle-trap against my better judgment...the guy at the dealership told me that if anything ever went wrong that I was not to worry because you guys would take care of it."

Pentagon: "Sir, the Armed Forces of the United States are NOT in the business of fixing warranty claims on civilian vehicles!"

Me: "Look, Colonel, maybe you didn't get the memo. Your boss promised to fix my friggin' car, and I want it fixed now...and while you are at it, I want a damn loaner...gimme a tank or maybe a Bradley Fighting vehicle...I don't want no Hummer, though, I hear they're worse than my damn Chevy."

Pentagon: "You know, your voice sounds familiar...aren't you the guy that reported the UFO's in Wisconsin?"

Me: "Ya, but I'm not having that kind of problem this time. I just want you to honor your warranty...Don't you soldiers have some sort of Duty, honor country pledge thing going on? I mean really...if I knew you guys were going to be such a major hassle every time I needed my car fixed I'da bought a Toyota like my wife told me to in the first place."

Pentagon: "Are you quite finished now, sir?"

Me: "Well, while you got it in there, check the pressure in the tires and give it a lube, oil and filter, will ya?"

Pentagon: "Anything you say, sir, anything you say. I'll have that tank out to you in the morning...have a nice day."

Me: "It's about time I got some decent service out of my dealership...Geez."

"dfosterf" wrote:

+1!!!
I didn't want your story to end up a "tankless" job!
UserPostedImage
Yerko
15 years ago
So I know this is not on topic...but sorta in topic...eh, whatever.

Trip--if you pay the balance off a card and close it, does that effect your credit negatively?
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
It can, but leaving it open with a large available credit balance can adversely affect it too.

If you have too many cards, say 5 or more, it might help your credit to get rid of the card.

Before you get rid of it, make sure it is the right one to close. If the interest rate is high on it then it is a good idea not to use it, however, if you have a low interest rate, see if there is another card you can close by transfering the balance of it to the low interest rate card.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Tripp - I currently have 6 cards and one personal loan. None of them are store cards.

Should I close the personal loan once it's paid off first or a card?

What about personal loans? Are they counted as cards?

One last question - I heard that it's a bad idea to close too many at the same time, so I'm supposed to close one account a month, right (until I get down to four cards).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
longtimefan
15 years ago
pay off smallest ones 1st then what ever you were paying on those add that amount to the next one and so on

personal loan has a set rate unlike credit cards..you know when youll pay off the loan, but could be DECADES to pay off cards
dingus
15 years ago

To answer the thread title: Yes, unless the nation as a whole stands up against the Government.

"Formo" wrote:

There's the Bingo!

When the government started deregulating everything in the 80's it opened up the whole financial system to the wolves in three piece suits.

The sub prime mortgage problem is directly linked to deregulation (and The ARM loans haven't reared their ugly heads yet)

Also, there used to be usury laws in this country, deregulation fixed that right up. If you're not familiar w/ the term usury, it's defined as "the illegal action or practice of lending money at unreasonably high rates of interest." When the government (Repubs and Dem's) started getting paid off by lobbyists we became a nation of indentured servants. 30% interest on a credit card? No problem guys, go for it!

As long as we the people keep paying attention to the political talking points (God, Guns, Abortion ad nauseum) and not the fact that most are only in it for the money we will continue to have these pukes (Repub's and Dem's) stealing from us.

Most of the regulation that has been destroyed came out of the EXACT SAME greed that brought about the Great Depression and we just keep on mortgaging the future so we can have that big screen TV and the application that makes our Iphones fart.

Bottom line is they are elected officials and we are the idiots who put them in power by believing they have our best interests at heart.

But hey, Greed is good!
blank
IronMan
15 years ago

Credit Cards:

Like anything else, if used properly is a very usefull tool. Here are some rules I would encourage everyone to follow.

6. Not having one ususally shows up on credit reports as "insufficiant credit".

"Trippster" wrote:

I guess I will just have to be "insufficient"

I don't need a credit card or "good credit"

"IronMan" wrote:

Problem is, you do. Do you own your own home? If not, when you go to buy one, your mortgage rate will be based on your credit score. no score or insufficient will result in higher rates and will cost you tens of thousands over the life of your mortgage.

Wanna get a new job? Most companies now do credit reports before hiring. could be the difference between you and your competition getting the job.

"Trippster" wrote:

IF and when I buy a house, I will pay for it the same way I payed for my car. WITH CASH. I drove a piece of shit for 4 years, with no air conditioning, no radio, heater barely worked. Now I have a nice car because I saved my money for 4 years.

That's whats wrong with this country. People think its their "right" to have a new car, or a house. No it isn't. You know how you buy nice stuff? You get a job, save your money, and when you are able to afford that stuff, THAT'S when you buy it. And if you can't afford kids, stop having sex, or use birth control. People need to be more responsible.

I'm sick and fucking tired of the government using MY money to bail out people who want stuff handed to them their whole life. :xcensoredx:

This clip is awesome:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1389/saturday-night-live-dont-buy-stuff 
longtimefan
15 years ago
Using cash for a car, other toys, furniture and things of that nature is awesome and that is how it should be done...

But your losing money each month when you pay rent to someone else.

The same exact thing you dont want the government to do, your sort of already doing
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (6h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (7h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (10h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (11h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (16h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Random Babble / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.