warhawk
15 years ago

1st off how can anyone not say Rodgers isn't over rated? Like i stated before and have seen since people have him being the franchise qb for years to come and he played one season. I see someone brought up how he had so much to prove last year to the fans, while the question i ask now is will he still have that same hunger in him? He has alot of people worshiping him and calling him great so he won over alot of fans so there goes that motivation. Playing out his final year for a contract nope thats gone now also he had the big payday already. So whats left to motivate him, maybe the comeback thing but then again as alot have said on here thats not on him so please advise me to what motivation he has left? I really don't hate Rodgers but i'm sorry i will not hop on the bandwagon yet. I wasn't on Brett's bandwagon right away either i'll admit that after all we had Magik but after a few winning seasons that changed so maybe after a few winning seasons and that feeling of the Packers as a good to great team comes back i might join the bandwagon.

Why isn't anyone bringing up Ted Thompson as over rated?

BTW Trippster i'm doing my interview in a few minutes.

"dhazer" wrote:

So if this is the case no upper first round QB will ever have the motivation to be great before they even play a game because of the money?

Arod just got started. He's played football since probably before high school and has had to overcome who knows what to get get to this point and now he puts it in cruise? Gimme a break.

The bottom line here is whether they redo his contract in '08 or deal with him this year it still had to be done and he's done nothing since signing the deal to give pause that it was the wrong way to go.

This guy was put in a unique but difficult position of laying in wait for his chance and over the next several years now has the opportunity to be a great football player. He knows better than anybody what he went through for that chance and now he has no motivation. Sorry. Ain't buying it.

Lastly, in his first year under more pressure and scrutiny than any QB has had to deal with in his first year than anyone I can name and puts up big time numbers I don't care how you want to slice and dice it.

How he managed through all that crap and the way he performed shows a character beyond someone no longer motivated because of a fat check.

Nice try though
"The train is leaving the station."
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

1st off how can anyone not say Rodgers isn't over rated? Like i stated before and have seen since people have him being the franchise qb for years to come and he played one season. I see someone brought up how he had so much to prove last year to the fans, while the question i ask now is will he still have that same hunger in him? He has alot of people worshiping him and calling him great so he won over alot of fans so there goes that motivation. Playing out his final year for a contract nope thats gone now also he had the big payday already. So whats left to motivate him, maybe the comeback thing but then again as alot have said on here thats not on him so please advise me to what motivation he has left? I really don't hate Rodgers but i'm sorry i will not hop on the bandwagon yet. I wasn't on Brett's bandwagon right away either i'll admit that after all we had Magik but after a few winning seasons that changed so maybe after a few winning seasons and that feeling of the Packers as a good to great team comes back i might join the bandwagon.

Why isn't anyone bringing up Ted Thompson as over rated?

BTW Trippster i'm doing my interview in a few minutes.

"dhazer" wrote:

Look: You either do hate Rodgers or you're just an immature guy who gets his jollies by acting like a contrarian on internet chat boards. And that's totally cool by me, but every single protest of "I'm the ONLY one who can see this clearly!" gets progressively weaker and weaker.

You want to know why they paid him (even though at least 4 posters have done a terrific job of exlplaining this to you): They paid him because he is, hands down, the best player on the roster in the QB position. They paid him because he's shown consistent improvement each year he's been in the league and had a GOOD year (no, it wasn't HOF stuff, but it was a good year by any objective measure) last year. Right or wrong (and yeah, we know you're leaning towards wrong), the Packer brass feel that he's our franchise QB - that's why they paid him. They paid him because if he repeats last year's performance or betters it he'll cost even more. These are the REASONS they paid him - just because you don't think they should have, please stop insulting everyone's intelligence with this "I know what nobody else knows!" routine. You don't know any more than anyone else does.

Nobody's bringing up Thompson, as has been repeated for you 3 times now, because he's not a player.
blank
dhazer
15 years ago
Well i think in my 1st post i was staying away from the Rodgers thing but this whole team is over rated except for Jennings,Driver and Woodson. We are not a top caliber tam has or had them made out to be. I find it quite interesting from going back to last years post around this time to this year and alot of the people had us as a super bowl contender and this year you still have us as the best team in the North. We finished 3rd last year and haven't made any changes to the team. Oh sorry we are changing to a defense that i don't think our players are suited for. I see us as a 7-9 to 9-7 team if we are lucky. We are a long ways off from being a Super Bowl contender.

Btw ilikethepackers why are you just pointing me out i seen a few others agree with me about the contract. But hey like i always say atleast i stick to my guns and i don't flip-flop ๐Ÿ˜‰
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Dulak
15 years ago

Well i think in my 1st post i was staying away from the Rodgers thing but this whole team is over rated except for Jennings,Driver and Woodson. We are not a top caliber tam has or had them made out to be. I find it quite interesting from going back to last years post around this time to this year and alot of the people had us as a super bowl contender and this year you still have us as the best team in the North. We finished 3rd last year and haven't made any changes to the team. Oh sorry we are changing to a defense that i don't think our players are suited for. I see us as a 7-9 to 9-7 team if we are lucky. We are a long ways off from being a Super Bowl contender.

Btw ilikethepackers why are you just pointing me out i seen a few others agree with me about the contract. But hey like i always say atleast i stick to my guns and i don't flip-flop ;)

"dhazer" wrote:

Well it will be interesting to see how we do next year in our devision and overall. Consider the lack of FA plays that we havnt made.

Perhaps after we get a better look at our players ted might make more moves.

My thinking is we will be a 10-6 team next year.

I'm really looking forward to dom capers leading our D - I think he'll be much better then bob.
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

Btw ilikethepackers why are you just pointing me out i seen a few others agree with me about the contract. But hey like i always say atleast i stick to my guns and i don't flip-flop ;)

"dhazer" wrote:

Not pointing you out, but you're the one who specifically (and continually) mentions the contract as the reason you think Rodgers is overrated. And you've repeatedly asked why they didn't wait longer to re-sign him. So I answered that question.

You don't flip flop, I'll give you that - your blind hatred for Thompson and anyone that you can tie to Thompson has certainly been consistent.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago
people agree with the contract ONLY to the fact Ted did it to soon..Hell I even said that

Face it DH your hatred is SO deep you can not stand him at all..

I said it before if he would have won the SB but only tossed for 12 TDs and 3000 yards you would have bitched he didnt produce enough..

So why not just stop posting about him all together cuz you can not form an unbiased opinion on him..

and btw?

Since neither q/b got to the playoffs I would have to say Brett was WAY over rated for the amount of money he got last year..After all when it counted last 3 weeks he got worse and worse.He COST the team playoffs.
dhazer
15 years ago
LT as i stated before i don't hate Rodgers i just wont hop on the bandwagon until he puts some winning seasons behind him and gets us to the playoffs a few years in a row. I also said i wasn't on Brett's bandwagon when he took over i liked Magik but when Brett started winning i started accepting him. Like the old saying says winning cures all.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

LT as i stated before i don't hate Rodgers i just wont hop on the bandwagon until he puts some winning seasons behind him and gets us to the playoffs a few years in a row. I also said i wasn't on Brett's bandwagon when he took over i liked Magik but when Brett started winning i started accepting him. Like the old saying says winning cures all.

"dhazer" wrote:

then your what lot of people call fair weather fan...in fact I am going to go out on a l;limb and say your not really a packer fan with opinions like that..your only going to LIKE someone when they win..

I aint saving you a seat on the bandwagon when you want on..
longtimefan
15 years ago
this is where Zero sends me a pm saying stop questioning posters fanhood

save the trouble Zero..He deserved it....

when someone says they only CAN like so and so player when he wins, he deserves to be called out
Stevetarded
15 years ago
If the Aaron Rodgers ship goes down next year I'll be sure to have my life jacket because I will surely be on it!
blank