go.pack.go.
15 years ago

But cmon if the Pats have the unstoppable Moss why isn't there TD ratio up more?

"dhazer" wrote:

Because Matt Cassel is their QB...he overthrew him various times when he was wide open down field, as mentioned previously...

Remember when Tom Brady was their QB and Moss broke the record for TDs in one season?

Then when Cassel is his QB, he drops off tremendously.

By the way, +1 to Wils for that mile long post...
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Wonders why it is when i research stats i don't get no compliments but yet when someone else digs up something that agrees with you he gets a thumbs up.

"dhazer" wrote:

Your method of searching stats is eliminating the factors that counter your point of view and tabulating the rest. I have complimented on you on your research and efforts because regardless of them being bias, its pretty cool.

I like seeing how stats mesh up with others. It's always been an interest of mine. So when anyone takes the time to do it, I always appreciate it, even if it proves a theory I have to be perhaps incorrect or off base. I surely don't go on a mission finding stats to support my theory though. Ahem. 🙂
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
Why I believe Rodgers is better. Both Cutler and Rodgers spread the ball around. Rodgers had 14 different receivers, Cutler 15. Cassell not so much 11.

Rodgers spreads the ball a bit more evenly between his receivers, only 44% to the #1 or #2. Cutler 50%, Cassell 53%.

Cassell's #1 caught a full 1/3, Cutler 26% Rodgers 23%

That dispersing the ball around is one of the things that tells me how good and confident a QB is. And Rodgers has shown that already. He is helped with having a very good receiving group, but that confidence with any receiver is there and evident.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Interesting stat here Cassel threw for 345 fewer yards and 7 fewer tds and 2 less INTS, i guess that fits your claim but hey i mean hell Cassel got to throw the ball a whopping 8 times in the last game because of 50 mph winds so if he got to have decent weather he probably throws for 300 yards and all of a sudden the yardage is about the same. Do you realize Rodgers only threw for over 300 yards 4 times this year? Cassel had 2 games of 400 yards and one other 300 yards game. The more you look and the more you see they are pretty even when it comes to stats. But i guess your right he should be way down your list.

"dhazer" wrote:

You don't mention that Cassel didn't take the first snap of the season either, why not? I think you forgot about Rodgers missing a couple drives because of the shoulder injury as well. I think also it should mentioned that the Patriots like to air it out even if they have the lead where as the Packers think a 3 point lead is time to be conservative.

Bah, lets not throw that stuff in there because that would be looking at bigger picture than you want to pan across to prove your point. 🙂
UserPostedImage
15 years ago

Here you go im so sick of this stuff.

Jennings had 1292 yds and 9 tds, Welker had 1165 yds and 3 tds.

Driver had 1012 yds and 5 tds and Moss had 1008 yds and 11 tds.

So our totals are:

Green Bay 2314 yards and 14 tds

Patriots 2173 yards and 14 tds

So who is the better of the group looks pretty even to me .

Time to get off the excuse train and look at the facts which were found on nfl.com .

Like i said i would be happy with any of the 3. Oh and aboout that great line just think Rodgers was sacked 34 times which is alot right? Well how do you think Cassell felt sitting behind that great line seeing he was sacked a league high of 47 times. Research my son helps you prove some points.

"dhazer" wrote:

I think it's safe to say Jennings/Driver are in the same league as Moss/Welker. That, in my opinion, isn't the issue. I don't think there are two easier receivers to throw to than Welker and Moss. Moss has a history of abusing CB's who have good coverage on him, with his height and hands and body control. Welker caught more WR screens than any other receiver I saw last year (btw I'm sick and tired of seeing downfield blocking occurring on these Patriot WR screens before the ball is caught. Throw the damn flag you zebra turds). Meanwhile, Rodgers is throwing to Jennings and Driver, including a LOT of option routes, where the QB and WR have to read the defense and immediately make the same decision. Rodgers is hands down better than Cassell. Just wait until this year. The Patriots getting a 2nd for him is going to seem the steal of the century.

p.s. I'm glad Z2C was being sarcastic. Rodgers was a beast in the red zone. They should've passed even more than they did.

p.p.s. Still waiting for dhazer to write a favorable post on this board.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

But you want to dig into more stats do some research on the final 5 minutes of a game stat for all 3 and you will see Rodgers is on the bottom of the list. Most of all look at the biggest stat of all look at the wins and losses stat. I guess i just don't understand how you can claim rodgers is so great for a 1st year starter but then turn around and say Cassel is definitely way down on the list for me. I guess i just don't get it. Sorry!

"dhazer" wrote:

I just see it in terms of talent. I don't put Cassel on par with Cutler or Rodgers. It's just my opinion.

Spare me the W-L stat too. We already re-hashed this one multiple times on how all of the blame shouldn't fall squarely on Rodgers.

Interesting stat here Cassel threw for 345 fewer yards and 7 fewer tds and 2 less INTS, i guess that fits your claim but hey i mean hell Cassel got to throw the ball a whopping 8 times in the last game because of 50 mph winds so if he got to have decent weather he probably throws for 300 yards and all of a sudden the yardage is about the same. Do you realize Rodgers only threw for over 300 yards 4 times this year? Cassel had 2 games of 400 yards and one other 300 yards game. The more you look and the more you see they are pretty even when it comes to stats. But i guess your right he should be way down your list.

I don't care if his stats were the same or different. I basically just showed who the better QB was in the red zone. That's it.

I also believe that Rodgers and Cutler have better overall talent and Cassel was surrounded by the most overall offensive talent of the 3. Basically he was put in a better situation than Rodgers or Cutler.
The Pack Will Be Back.
AJistheHawk50
15 years ago
i do love cutler, cassel still unproven and i dont trust him nor do i like him and A-rod is very calm and doesn't lose his poise.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago
LOL @ DH using STATS from Cassel when it suits his argument

:P
dhazer
15 years ago
Actually i think this is funny Rodgers is the best qb in the nfl i guess ok i will jump on board with you guys i mean hell he has done the most with the least amount of talent on his team. Our Wrs suck if it wasn't for Rodgers and we would have been 19-0 if it wasn't for our defense and o-line. There does this make you guys feel better? Hell i said i would take him on my team but that wasn't good enough for you guys well maybe this pic will help lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
I'll go ahead and just answer the question rather than going the comparison route, if that's okay.

I think Rodgers had a much better year than I anticipated; I expected him to do okay, but I thought he'd struggle more than he did. Some specifics:

- Durability. I wasn't sure how he'd do here, simply because it's so rare to have a QB situation like we did with Favre - they usually get hurt and miss several games. He didn't.

- Toughness. When he did get dinged up, he played through it. Actually a little more than I would have liked. It showed that he's got some heart and some toughness, which I like in a QB.

- Consistency. No, he wasn't a model of consistency, but he was a lot better in that regard than I expected him to be.

- Running. I love this kid's wheels, and I'll admit to not knowing at all that he could run before the Dallas game in '07. I don't want to see a bunch of option or QB draws, but I've got some confidence that he can pull out a first down on his own, which is something else I like in a QB.

He's got room to grow, for sure. He needs to get more comfortable in the scheme and w/ his receivers so he won't hold the ball as long as he did last season. He needs to get a hold on his nerves in crunch time so that next year we can all see some late game heroics, even if the D does make him do it more than once.

He's only started for one season. I'm not going to try to predict where his career will go. He had a very good season and he's got areas where he can improve - if he can make those improvements, I think we'll be very happy (and very lucky) fans.
blank