dhazer
15 years ago
Well to be honest i think we arent even in consideration for the Super Bowl talk for next year. I don't think we will make the playoffs and if that happens i think Ted Thompson should be shown the door.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert
15 years ago

Actually thinking of it i hope Ted Thompson takes him so we can show him the door faster.

"dhazer" wrote:

did ted thompson dated your wife? that's the only reason that would give some sense to your posts.

i'd be pissed with andre smith either, though. too heavy, too many character issues, too lazy. but i wouldn't even consider to hope the packers struggling just to make my point.
blank
porky88
15 years ago

I at least like raji better then smith and I'm not really a big fan of raji.

Rather we shore up our Oline with a 3rd+ round pick.

Anyone but A. Smith IMO - whens the next time do you think we will get a #9 or better draft pick? Hopefully not for a long time.

And we are going to take a guy with already questionable personality flaws/ethics. Why dont we just throw a back injury on him and call it a day.

"dhazer" wrote:

Next year? Lmao sorry just had to say it i really don't see anything that has improved the the team so far. Now people want a guy that walks out on one of his biggest days so far and then he flops his pro day. Actually thinking of it i hope Ted Thompson takes him so we can show him the door faster.

"Dulak" wrote:

The team will improve based on getting guys back anyways, but will they jump to 11 wins or 8? My guess is 8 and that's not good enough IMO.
TheKanataThrilla
15 years ago
I still don't understand all the criticism over last year. Our record stunk, but our points for was quite a bit larger than our points against. Our problem was we couldn't win any of our close games which injuries on defence played a large role. Getting our injured players back would vastly improve this team. Another year under Rodgers belt should help as well.

I always hear the Mandarich thing, but wasn't the big problem with Mandarich is that he had no interest in coming to Green Bay and told them not to draft him. Sure he eventually signed, but the guy wanted to go to L.A so I wonder how much of his heart was really in it. Whether we like it or not I think management needs to ask the players whether they feel Green Bay will be a fit for them. Not point drafting someone who has potential, but will dog it because they don't want to be there.
dhazer
15 years ago

I still don't understand all the criticism over last year. Our record stunk, but our points for was quite a bit larger than our points against. Our problem was we couldn't win any of our close games which injuries on defence played a large role. Getting our injured players back would vastly improve this team. Another year under Rodgers belt should help as well.

I always hear the Mandarich thing, but wasn't the big problem with Mandarich is that he had no interest in coming to Green Bay and told them not to draft him. Sure he eventually signed, but the guy wanted to go to L.A so I wonder how much of his heart was really in it. Whether we like it or not I think management needs to ask the players whether they feel Green Bay will be a fit for them. Not point drafting someone who has potential, but will dog it because they don't want to be there.

"TheKanataThrilla" wrote:

First off you say we will improve from just getting injured players back, did you forget we are switching to a totally different scheme and have no clue if our guys can play in it. As far as asking the player say Smith do you want to come here do you actually think he would say yes? Hell Detroit would never get any players. Also you honestly think the guys from the warm weather climates want to come to the frozen tundra? We don't have that respect anymore that players are rushing to get to Green Bay, the Reggie days are gone.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Ahh... I remember the good old days when people were excited about the new D staff and scheme, and weren't panicking about how we have no players who can play in a 3-4.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I at least like raji better then smith and I'm not really a big fan of raji.

Rather we shore up our Oline with a 3rd+ round pick.

Anyone but A. Smith IMO - whens the next time do you think we will get a #9 or better draft pick? Hopefully not for a long time.

And we are going to take a guy with already questionable personality flaws/ethics. Why dont we just throw a back injury on him and call it a day.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Next year? Lmao sorry just had to say it i really don't see anything that has improved the the team so far. Now people want a guy that walks out on one of his biggest days so far and then he flops his pro day. Actually thinking of it i hope Ted Thompson takes him so we can show him the door faster.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hoping the Packers fail just so you can make a point?

"Dulak" wrote:

Why do we keep asking him this question? We know the answer is yes. As long as he can say that he was right about Thompson, dude doesn't care if Lambeau Field burns down in the process.

BUT. I think he's also right this time. Ted is - assuming what we've seen thus far is an indication that he once again is going to refuse to do much in FA - pretty much gambling his future in GB this year. If he stands pat and just sticks to the draft and the players we currently have, and if the defense flops again, he's not going to be sitting pretty.

On Topic: Smith scares the doo-doo out of me. He's either just a kid who isn't adjusting to the end of his college days very well, or he's a total head case. Which one is it? Nobody knows.
blank
DakotaT
15 years ago
How many of you guys were mental midgets at age 22 with very poor judgement? I'm guessing better than 50%. A Smith has better athleticism than all of the OT's and before he had his bad day he was rated the #1 OT.

Every one of these guys is a crap shoot. All I'm saying is once in a while you have to say "what the ____". Striking gold with a cornerstone LT sure beats the hell out of taking a "light in the pants" pass rusher. In fact I think every one of those OLB/DE is a bigger gamble than this kid.

I'm still waiting for the can't miss #5 overall pick from 3 years ago to show his worthiness. That was a bad draft class.

Worse case scenario is that A Smith would play RT until Clifton retires. He'd have time to acclimate himself to the NFL before taking on the rigors of LT.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

How many of you guys were mental midgets at age 22 with very poor judgement? I'm guessing better than 50%. A Smith has better athleticism than all of the OT's and before he had his bad day he was rated the #1 OT.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I had my moments.. :lol:

But in perspective.. 20 Plus million wasn't at stake for me either.. I think those make strong cases for getting your shit together quick. My concern with the kid.. he got booted before the bowl game, showed up at the combine out of shape and seemed to care little.

From the mixed reports of his pro day.. I don't think he has established that he is mature enough to take that step into the Pro Game yet.

Face it.. lots of these kids have the talent to succeed in the NFL.. the ones that are mature and responsible enough to accept the work that comes along with being a pro player are the ones that succeed.

Keeping yourself in shape, showing professionalism, heart, determination and girt to hunker down and put in the time excel. Reading the multiple reports on his pro day.. I was disappointed.

But if the scouts can see something in him, that drive, he might be a blessing in disguise at 9.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I'm starting to like him more and more. He's probably the most athletic lineman there is, and he is a very good run blocker, which is really what we need.

He can also start at left tackle, which is the blind side of Aaron Rodgers. There's going to be so many choices to make on April 25th; I don't know who I want more now...BJ Raji, Orakpo, or Andre Smith....

Oh, and by the way, I heard somewhere (I think on NFL Network) that the Packers met with Andre, so that shows that we have some interest in him...

I'll be happy with either of the 3: Andre Smith, Brian Orakpo, or BJ Raji.

Man, what if we could get ALL THREE!? (That would be a dream come true...)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (5h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (20h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (20h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (21h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (21h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.