dhazer
15 years ago
Well to be honest i think we arent even in consideration for the Super Bowl talk for next year. I don't think we will make the playoffs and if that happens i think Ted Thompson should be shown the door.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert
15 years ago

Actually thinking of it i hope Ted Thompson takes him so we can show him the door faster.

"dhazer" wrote:

did ted thompson dated your wife? that's the only reason that would give some sense to your posts.

i'd be pissed with andre smith either, though. too heavy, too many character issues, too lazy. but i wouldn't even consider to hope the packers struggling just to make my point.
blank
porky88
15 years ago

I at least like raji better then smith and I'm not really a big fan of raji.

Rather we shore up our Oline with a 3rd+ round pick.

Anyone but A. Smith IMO - whens the next time do you think we will get a #9 or better draft pick? Hopefully not for a long time.

And we are going to take a guy with already questionable personality flaws/ethics. Why dont we just throw a back injury on him and call it a day.

"dhazer" wrote:

Next year? Lmao sorry just had to say it i really don't see anything that has improved the the team so far. Now people want a guy that walks out on one of his biggest days so far and then he flops his pro day. Actually thinking of it i hope Ted Thompson takes him so we can show him the door faster.

"Dulak" wrote:

The team will improve based on getting guys back anyways, but will they jump to 11 wins or 8? My guess is 8 and that's not good enough IMO.
TheKanataThrilla
15 years ago
I still don't understand all the criticism over last year. Our record stunk, but our points for was quite a bit larger than our points against. Our problem was we couldn't win any of our close games which injuries on defence played a large role. Getting our injured players back would vastly improve this team. Another year under Rodgers belt should help as well.

I always hear the Mandarich thing, but wasn't the big problem with Mandarich is that he had no interest in coming to Green Bay and told them not to draft him. Sure he eventually signed, but the guy wanted to go to L.A so I wonder how much of his heart was really in it. Whether we like it or not I think management needs to ask the players whether they feel Green Bay will be a fit for them. Not point drafting someone who has potential, but will dog it because they don't want to be there.
dhazer
15 years ago

I still don't understand all the criticism over last year. Our record stunk, but our points for was quite a bit larger than our points against. Our problem was we couldn't win any of our close games which injuries on defence played a large role. Getting our injured players back would vastly improve this team. Another year under Rodgers belt should help as well.

I always hear the Mandarich thing, but wasn't the big problem with Mandarich is that he had no interest in coming to Green Bay and told them not to draft him. Sure he eventually signed, but the guy wanted to go to L.A so I wonder how much of his heart was really in it. Whether we like it or not I think management needs to ask the players whether they feel Green Bay will be a fit for them. Not point drafting someone who has potential, but will dog it because they don't want to be there.

"TheKanataThrilla" wrote:

First off you say we will improve from just getting injured players back, did you forget we are switching to a totally different scheme and have no clue if our guys can play in it. As far as asking the player say Smith do you want to come here do you actually think he would say yes? Hell Detroit would never get any players. Also you honestly think the guys from the warm weather climates want to come to the frozen tundra? We don't have that respect anymore that players are rushing to get to Green Bay, the Reggie days are gone.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Ahh... I remember the good old days when people were excited about the new D staff and scheme, and weren't panicking about how we have no players who can play in a 3-4.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I at least like raji better then smith and I'm not really a big fan of raji.

Rather we shore up our Oline with a 3rd+ round pick.

Anyone but A. Smith IMO - whens the next time do you think we will get a #9 or better draft pick? Hopefully not for a long time.

And we are going to take a guy with already questionable personality flaws/ethics. Why dont we just throw a back injury on him and call it a day.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Next year? Lmao sorry just had to say it i really don't see anything that has improved the the team so far. Now people want a guy that walks out on one of his biggest days so far and then he flops his pro day. Actually thinking of it i hope Ted Thompson takes him so we can show him the door faster.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hoping the Packers fail just so you can make a point?

"Dulak" wrote:

Why do we keep asking him this question? We know the answer is yes. As long as he can say that he was right about Thompson, dude doesn't care if Lambeau Field burns down in the process.

BUT. I think he's also right this time. Ted is - assuming what we've seen thus far is an indication that he once again is going to refuse to do much in FA - pretty much gambling his future in GB this year. If he stands pat and just sticks to the draft and the players we currently have, and if the defense flops again, he's not going to be sitting pretty.

On Topic: Smith scares the doo-doo out of me. He's either just a kid who isn't adjusting to the end of his college days very well, or he's a total head case. Which one is it? Nobody knows.
blank
DakotaT
15 years ago
How many of you guys were mental midgets at age 22 with very poor judgement? I'm guessing better than 50%. A Smith has better athleticism than all of the OT's and before he had his bad day he was rated the #1 OT.

Every one of these guys is a crap shoot. All I'm saying is once in a while you have to say "what the ____". Striking gold with a cornerstone LT sure beats the hell out of taking a "light in the pants" pass rusher. In fact I think every one of those OLB/DE is a bigger gamble than this kid.

I'm still waiting for the can't miss #5 overall pick from 3 years ago to show his worthiness. That was a bad draft class.

Worse case scenario is that A Smith would play RT until Clifton retires. He'd have time to acclimate himself to the NFL before taking on the rigors of LT.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

How many of you guys were mental midgets at age 22 with very poor judgement? I'm guessing better than 50%. A Smith has better athleticism than all of the OT's and before he had his bad day he was rated the #1 OT.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I had my moments.. :lol:

But in perspective.. 20 Plus million wasn't at stake for me either.. I think those make strong cases for getting your shit together quick. My concern with the kid.. he got booted before the bowl game, showed up at the combine out of shape and seemed to care little.

From the mixed reports of his pro day.. I don't think he has established that he is mature enough to take that step into the Pro Game yet.

Face it.. lots of these kids have the talent to succeed in the NFL.. the ones that are mature and responsible enough to accept the work that comes along with being a pro player are the ones that succeed.

Keeping yourself in shape, showing professionalism, heart, determination and girt to hunker down and put in the time excel. Reading the multiple reports on his pro day.. I was disappointed.

But if the scouts can see something in him, that drive, he might be a blessing in disguise at 9.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I'm starting to like him more and more. He's probably the most athletic lineman there is, and he is a very good run blocker, which is really what we need.

He can also start at left tackle, which is the blind side of Aaron Rodgers. There's going to be so many choices to make on April 25th; I don't know who I want more now...BJ Raji, Orakpo, or Andre Smith....

Oh, and by the way, I heard somewhere (I think on NFL Network) that the Packers met with Andre, so that shows that we have some interest in him...

I'll be happy with either of the 3: Andre Smith, Brian Orakpo, or BJ Raji.

Man, what if we could get ALL THREE!? (That would be a dream come true...)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.