Dulak
15 years ago
Not sure whats the big deal with hiring this guy ... seems like lots of peeps opposed to it.

I say if he comes at a resonable price Grab him; I already stated the reasons.

- Well spoken and a vetern
- Physically good specs for a DE (pretty similar height/weight as igor)
- Played in tampa which sounded like they had good d a couple years ago. (from the u tube clip).
- He's not going to play everydown ya - we need depth in our Dline - injuries, lost cole and we arnt persuing any other guys.

What do we want to do wait for the draft and potentially get screwed? You guys remember what happend last year when we lost jenkins and barnett; our D just plummited.

I know you guys like raji - but hes not a sure thing neither are the other DE guys in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I do agree with the poster that said we need more pass protection for rodgers ... that viking game sure showed me that one.

and like some peeps said ya hes old ... so grab him for a couple to help teach these youngings how to play.

-was going to say- I dont expect our D to be worse then last year; as a matter of fact much better.

Dom sounds like a smart guy; and he's said its going to take 3 years to fully implement the 3-4 in. ie we will be running the normal 4-3 50-60% of the plays accoding to MM/DC
bozz_2006
15 years ago
he's 35 years old.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
Leadership and experience is what was said this team lacked.

So there is a guy that could provide some of that and people still wish to crap on it.
longtimefan
15 years ago

I say he won't even be mentioned in GB, as i agree with Dfoster for once and that is we are rebuilding. Remember this is only year 5 of the 10-20 year plan Ted Thompson has in store for us.

We will not sign any old guy to a 1-2 year deal because we aren't that close to being an elite team.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I bet you don't agree with my assessment that Aaron Rodgers is an improved keystone over Brett Favre.

"dhazer" wrote:

I bet I dont agree with a mod derailing a thread that was about a defensive player, then it starts to get into a Favre/Rodgers effing debate

Yeah I said that

So eat me

:P
bozz_2006
15 years ago

Leadership and experience is what was said this team lacked.

So there is a guy that could provide some of that and people still wish to crap on it.

"longtimefan" wrote:

I'm not crapping on it. just saying the guy is pretty old for an NFL player. That's a "con" against Carter. A "pro" is the experience he brings.
UserPostedImage
Rios39
15 years ago
I think some of us are using age just despite. He's way better then Holliday. Sure he's a little older, but he's never missed a game and he's never actually had a bad year. He was terrific last year. Obviously you don't bring him in for any more then 2 years. But chances are he would be a very valuable player for us next year at the very least.

But Getting him means I think we need to bring in maybe 2-3 more players that can rotate positions, for depth and backup.
blank
porky88
15 years ago
Dom Capers knows both Holiday and Carter so he would be probably behind a move like this. I assume Capers would tell the Packers which one he feels has more left.

Anyways the move makes sense. GB needs depth along the defensive line and a leader. What has Aaron Kampman done in the NFL? Not much when you look at the big picture. Really the only guy the starts on the defense that played in a Super Bowl is Charles Woodson.

Carter would be No. 2 and he would be the unquestioned leader of the defensive line.

As far as rebuilding. This is a make or break year for the regime. Miami was 1-15 in 07 and 11-5 in 08. They had to rebuild both sides of the ball.

GB just has to add a starter or two and they're set. Not a chance that this is a rebuiding year.
Megatron
15 years ago
I say sign him up. He would add depth, can switch from 3-4 to 4-3, experienced, very durable, leadership, excellent size, can provide pass rush. What not to like about him? 35 is not old old... could easily play for a year or two depending how often we will rotate him. He shouldn't be too expensive at all.

Minor problem: He may demand to start cos he's used to that and isn't used to sitting on the bench and coming on for certain plays....that might hurt our chances of getting him.
blank
Rios39
15 years ago

I say sign him up. He would add depth, can switch from 3-4 to 4-3, experienced, very durable, leadership, excellent size, can provide pass rush. What not to like about him? 35 is not old old... could easily play for a year or two depending how often we will rotate him. He shouldn't be too expensive at all.

Minor problem: He may demand to start cos he's used to that and isn't used to sitting on the bench and coming on for certain plays....that might hurt our chances of getting him.

"Megatron" wrote:

He'll need to show signs of slowing down before we consistently bench him a lot. No sense in benching him if he's performing as well as last year and every other year he's played.
blank
blueleopard
15 years ago
I stopped taking this seriously when people talked about a "rebuilding" season.

We've been rebuilding for years and the rest of the NFC North is nowhere near the same shape as this talented Packers team.

If Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't have more than 9 wins this season, the clock will be ticking on their employment.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (9h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (9h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (9h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (13h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.