PackerTraxx
15 years ago
Terrence Murphy would probably have been a good receiver had he not had an injury problem.

It amazes me how all these draft gurus think the teams should draft for immediate needs. Very, very seldom can a rookie come in and help immediately much less be and impact player. If they can contribute at all it is a plus.

Rogers was a great draft choice even though many disliked/hated it. Great example of drafting the best player available.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Mike Williams. Is he out of the league yet? lol

I'm terrible at remembering what year players were drafted. I honestly didn't know/remember we got Nick and Poppi in '05.
PackerTraxx
15 years ago
At least the Lions have a first round pick to replace Williams, so that is a little misleading. The Viqueens have nothing to show for their 2 first rounders, I love it except for the fact that one was from UW.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
wils0646
15 years ago

Also you guys rate the drafts from the starters we get, well hell when you don't have any decent players for those spots, doesn't that mean someone has to start?

"dhazer" wrote:

You maybe have a point with Poppinga, but how can you make it against Aaron Rodgers and Nick Collins? They are anything but "decent".
The Pack Will Be Back.
dhazer
15 years ago

Also you guys rate the drafts from the starters we get, well hell when you don't have any decent players for those spots, doesn't that mean someone has to start?

"wils0646" wrote:

You maybe have a point with Poppinga, but how can you make it against Aaron Rodgers and Nick Collins? They are anything but "decent".

"dhazer" wrote:

Rodgers would have been on the bench last year if things didn't happen and who did he have to fight the job for? NOONE we didn't even have a 2nd or 3rd string qb on our roster before the draft. Now with Collins starting who else would be back there Bush ? Granted they played well but i was just trying to get the point across that with Ted Thompson rebuilding the team to his team that his draft picks would have to start after all thats the majority of the team.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Thank God Rodgers wasn't on the bench.

4th in the NFL in yardage
4th in the NFL in TD passes (T1st in total TD's among QB's)
6th in QB rating
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Mass im not making this out to be against Rodgers your not getting my point. This thread was grading the draft from 05, being done by starters. I'm just stating an obvious fact that some of you won't see. Ted Thompson has gotten rid of just about all the players from the former gm, meaning that the guys he drafts have to start there is no choice about it. I havent checked but i'm sure their isn't very many players left from the pre Ted Thompson era. Easy example here will the starting qb this year be a draft pick from TT. Yes it will be even if Rodgers gets hurt because the backups are drafted by TT.

I see people calling him a draft genius because of this but i don't buy into it.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
It really boils down to if you like the players or not. I couldn't stand having guys like Schroeder and Joey Thomas and Carroll on our team. I am a HUGE fan of a large number of guys on the team now, including Rodgers and Collins. People will try to find some stat that defends their gut feeling about the players/team. You clearly are unhappy with the team because you take an antagonistic viewpoint in every one of these threads, including this one.

But in regards to the 2005 draft, getting a QB with such great production his first year starting, and a Pro Bowl safety after three years (which is the consensus on how long it takes to judge a drafted player) is pretty damn good, regardless of what else you get. I'm not entirely sure how or why anyone would want to make the point that GB's 2005 draft doesn't look wicked good right now, in retrospect.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

Mass im not making this out to be against Rodgers your not getting my point. This thread was grading the draft from 05, being done by starters. I'm just stating an obvious fact that some of you won't see. Ted Thompson has gotten rid of just about all the players from the former gm, meaning that the guys he drafts have to start there is no choice about it. I havent checked but i'm sure their isn't very many players left from the pre Ted Thompson era. Easy example here will the starting qb this year be a draft pick from Ted Thompson. Yes it will be even if Rodgers gets hurt because the backups are drafted by Ted Thompson.

I see people calling him a draft genius because of this but i don't buy into it.

"dhazer" wrote:

The thread was actually about who is still on the team. Only 4 players are still on NFC North teams. It's only "extra credit" stating that the 3 Packer players are starters.

I still don't buy the argument about him releasing all of the players not "linked" to his name. He still resigned Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, Kampman, Harris, Barnett, and kept KGB until he was done. I really only blame him for not resigning Wahle. That's really it.

What old non-TT player would you have kept that was released/traded (please, other than Favre)?
The Pack Will Be Back.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (8h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (14h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.