TheKanataThrilla
15 years ago

I'm sorry folks but some of you have me laughing hard here. How could you honestly sit there and say you wouldn't want Crabtree if he was there? I mean when Fitzgerald was asked about Crabtree being compared to him and he said he wish he had the skills that Crabtree has when he came out of college. If we pass on him we might as well take an over hyped o-lineman so we can go back to the days of taking Tony over Barry.

But as far as Dfoster was saying there is a huge difference with Harrell he was injured on every level of football he played and i don't think he should have been drafted that high.

Is he a bust? Hell Ya look at the money he got for sitting at him eating his ribs and chicken?

[img_l]http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/25/1211648/Justin.jpg[/img_l]

"DakotaT" wrote:

When you're right, you're right. Imagine what we could have done with Moss, had we drafted him instead of Vonnie Holliday. I see nothging wrong with drafting Crabtree if he is there.

"dhazer" wrote:

That's tough. Crabtree will likely be a starter wherever he goes not named Arizona (assuming Boldin re-signs) so what do you do in Green Bay? Trade Driver? Have Driver sit? Have Crabtree sit? There is no way we are moving Jennings.

Seems like a messy situation, but I can't honestly see Crabtree coming anywhere close to falling in our laps.
Pack93z
15 years ago
The only guy with top 10 talent that I wish not to see land in Green Bay at the moment is Andre Smith, say you overlook the crap from the combine this weekend. The red flags are all over the place with this kid.. if Saban won't let him play in the bowl this season, it must of been a bad offense. Saban is a snake...

If Crabtree is there, you take the best player in the draft or you sell the pick and move down.. but it would test Ted's approach of BPA if Crabtree is sitting there.

Personally I will be pissed if we take any of the tweeners at 9 outside of Curry.. any questions see Gholston from last season. There is a boat load of tweeners in the draft.

I want one of the 3 tackles (J.Smith, Other, Monroe) or Raji, Jerry or another heavyweight DT.

In the second, you just know Micheal Johnson from G.Tech is going to be sitting there.. and he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove something to all those that doubted him.. he has more "physical" talent than any other tweener on the board.. take the risk there.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
15 years ago
What would we do if Crabtree is sitting there you draft him and run a 3wr set all the time lol. imagine what the defense would think then who do we stop?

Also it would instantly put Rodgers in the Pro Bowl because he would put up Drew Brees stats without a doubt. Man we need to stop talking about this im getting excited and need a ciggy lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Dulak
15 years ago

What would we do if Crabtree is sitting there you draft him and run a 3wr set all the time lol. imagine what the defense would think then who do we stop?

Also it would instantly put Rodgers in the Pro Bowl because he would put up Drew Brees stats without a doubt. Man we need to stop talking about this im getting excited and need a ciggy lol.

"dhazer" wrote:

Need better coverage for our QB before we get drew brees stats... I just watched the NO/pack game again and if I remember right the announcers mentioned that NO has the least about of 'hurried' passes (forgot the stat) and btw is there a place I can see these stats like the odd ones the announcers talk about?

So does crabtrees foot bother you?

So you like crabtree over jenkins? I personally see us needing a corner in the near future then another WR.

I did like what pack93 said; about not trusting alot of these OLBers we see and to go with a proven talent at #9 then to pick up tyson or johnson (well he didnt mention tyson but he looks good too).

ie I would be extatic if we got jenkins and johnson or tyson
Packers_Finland
15 years ago

In Order of want

Curry
Smith - Jason
Raji
Orakpo
Monroe
Trade down

How about trading down with Philly? they may want Crabtree if he is still there. They have 2 #1's I believe.

How about our #1 and #2 for their 2 #1's, their 2nd, and Lito Shepherd? Probably not, but a thought.

"minnypacker" wrote:

I think Jason Smith is the second-best player in the draft after a great combine performance (with Aaron Curry being the best). I'd still take Smith over Curry though, because an OT is a lot more pressing need than an ILB right now, where we have 2 first rounders already (yeah, Aaron Curry is not a 3-4 OLB IMO)

Also, that trade you're suggesting is... well, let's just say the Eagles would NEVER do that trade. Our 1st and 2nd for their two 1st's and their second would be a good deal. Maybe they could throw a mid-rounder in there too. But Lito Sheppard? He's alone worth a 2nd to 4th rounder, and they know they can get better with him.

I fixed the typos on the player names too.

That's why we're picking Malcolm Jenkins.

"blueleopard" wrote:

Why the hell would we pick Malcolm Jenkins? I mean that is the one position I feel we shouldn't draft right now. We got 5 guys that we should carry to the 53-man roster, and we shouldn't take 6, because we need to save some space for the linebackers. If we pick him, we might as well just throw Pat Lee away, whom I think has potential to be as good as any corner in the league right now.
This is a placeholder
Rockmolder
15 years ago

If Crabtree is there, you take the best player in the draft or you sell the pick and move down.. but it would test Ted's approach of BPA if Crabtree is sitting there.

"pack93z" wrote:

This would be a great position to be in. I see the Eagles trading up to get him if he'd be there at 9 and I could see us getting this years 1st round pick (21st), this years 2nd/3rd and next years 1st. That would be one hell of a trade.

As for Justin. He's been a bust so far. You hope for him to be healthy. Maybe Ted Thompson saw something that the Packers' medical team and training staff could prevent, but it didn't work or so?

I really hope he at least gets on the field next year and hope he won't go 'down' like Pacman Jones did. I mean, he has been a huge hype and turned out mediocre.
RaiderPride
15 years ago

I'm sorry folks but some of you have me laughing hard here. How could you honestly sit there and say you wouldn't want Crabtree if he was there? I mean when Fitzgerald was asked about Crabtree being compared to him and he said he wish he had the skills that Crabtree has when he came out of college. If we pass on him we might as well take an over hyped o-lineman so we can go back to the days of taking Tony over Barry.

But as far as Dfoster was saying there is a huge difference with Harrell he was injured on every level of football he played and i don't think he should have been drafted that high.

Is he a bust? Hell Ya look at the money he got for sitting at him eating his ribs and chicken?

"dhazer" wrote:

Hazer,

I know you are not a Ted Fan. I respect you though as you are no doubt a good Packer Fan.

It is not just who Ted has drafted that makes his legacy, it is also who he let go. Ted has made more wise decisions than bad decisions.

http://raiderbeat.com/?p=914 

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
warhawk
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

I agree in taking the best guy there no matter what position and that is what Ted would do in this case. A team is never short on great players and about the time you think you have a position right injury and FA pop up and there you go.

As far as Harrell the guy seems a little snake-bit in that these are not injuries stemming from the same area like a knee or something.

I can also understand Ted's thought there because that draft class had about half the number of legitimate first round picks in it. Even in hindsight the pickings are slim in talent stemming from the last half of that draft class.
"The train is leaving the station."
porky88
15 years ago
Quite a few comments in this thread so I'll just rant off some of my thoughts.

First none of the combine injuries are serious beyond Michael Crabtree's whom did it preparing for the combine and if he has the surgery he'll be ready for OTA's more than likely. Comparing Justin Harrell to Brian Orakpo and Rey Maualuga doesn't really work. Those guys played this year.

I like Michael Johnson, but not at number nine. At one point I did, but the more you watch him, the more you realize that he's way to much of an underachiever. I think trade down and maybe look at him.

Same with Peria Jerry. I think Jerry is a very nice looking prospect, but to high to take at number nine. He's more of an Aaron Smith in the 3-4 and I'm not sure I value him at nine. Jerry's potential is best utilize in the cover 2 in my opinion.

As far as tweeners go some of the best three tweeners in football right now are all top 15 selections in their respective NFL Draft.

Shawn Merrimen was selected in round one with the 12th pick and DeMarcud Ware with the 11th pick.

Terrell Suggs was I believe a top ten pick too.

So let's stop and think before we just use James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley as the only examples for finding a good pass rusher in the 3-4. The fact is you can find anything at any point in football.

I think writing off maybe Brian Orakpo because of Vernon Gholston to me is ridiculous and by all accounts I believe his injury is mild. Gholston's stock elevated because of the combine. Orakpo was highly regarded by many before.

Orakpo also won the Lombardi award. He put up I think something like 12 sacks in 10 games or something close to that. My main point is he's productive and he's got the physical attributes you look for. I believe he's a no brainier at No. 9 if he's there which I have my doubts anyways.

Yeah Vernon Gholston wasn't that good in year one, but I could name offensive and defensive lineman that are busts too or took a year. Going off of "trends" never work because there is a trend for every single scenario there is.

I tend to think Jason Smith, Michael Crabtree, Aaron Curry, and Eugene Monroe are gone by the time GB picks.

I think GB might get a shot at either B.J. Raji or Brian Orakpo, but I have my doubts on both of them being available.

In the end GB could look at the often overweight Andre Smith or the highly inconsistent Michael Oher too.

Then you have Everette Brown whom is smaller than some thought and that's a mild concern in my opinion.

Aaron Maybin weighed in at 250, but can he maintain his quick first step while playing heavier?

The more I look think about, the more I believe that the Packers best realistic scenario is for B.J. Raji, Brian Orakpo, or a trade down.

I could be wrong and maybe someone falls, but honestly I personally think Ted Thompson's guy is probably Aaron Maybin. He fits the description of a young player with big time potential and that seems to be what Thompson drafts for in round one. I can't see him changing his draft philosphy up.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I wonder if this is the year we see our Packers trade up in the draft to nab their guy...
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.