go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Yeah I'd have to think an ideal situation would be if we could trade down and grab Tyson Jackson and Larry English, and then someone like Ron Brace and Meredith later on.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Hmmm....wishful thinking, no? Haha, I like it though.
UserPostedImage
JRR_Packerfan1791
15 years ago
I say we grab Brian Orakpo he is extremely quick and strong very versatile player.

Then for a lineup put Aaron Kampon and Brian Orakpo at DE for Pass plays and then OLB for Run Play
blank
porky88
15 years ago
I certainly share the concerns others have with Aaron Maybin, but what we think really isn't going to matter to Ted Thompson. Thompson seems like the guy that uses the first pick to draft for the future and while I don't think Maybin has a huge impact from day one, his upside is tremendous because he's so young and has the frame to put on probably 20 pounds. I think Thompson tends to draft for potential rather than immediate impact and because of that I could see Maybin at No. 9 or a trade down for him.
Megatron
15 years ago
Whilst i'm sure Maybin could be a very good player, i think the fact we're are moving to 3-4 and invested alot of money in new coaches, Ted Thompson will have to treat this seriously and pick players who can produce straight away, his and McCarthy's career is on the line if they have a losing season again.

They have no time for little projects and Maybin is far too light to be any effective as a NFL pass rusher.

Larry English is probably the guy they will try to go for in the 2nd round. I just can't see them going for Orakpo or Brown when we need to get a top NT. If we don't get Raji at #9 then we lose our main opportunity to have any chance of having a successful 3-4, there isn't really any players available that could play the role at a high level and we may be forced to trade up and "reach" for Brace. There are no NT in free agency either except Gabe Watson but he is a RFA which means we have to match whatever his team offer him.

The number of NT's available is so scarce that we HAVE to go for Raji. It's an absolute no brainer. If we can get the best one, we could be set in that position for the next 10 years.
blank
porky88
15 years ago

Whilst i'm sure Maybin could be a very good player, i think the fact we're are moving to 3-4 and invested alot of money in new coaches, Ted Thompson will have to treat this seriously and pick players who can produce straight away, his and McCarthy's career is on the line if they have a losing season again.

They have no time for little projects and Maybin is far too light to be any effective as a NFL pass rusher.

Larry English is probably the guy they will try to go for in the 2nd round. I just can't see them going for Orakpo or Brown when we need to get a top NT. If we don't get Raji at #9 then we lose our main opportunity to have any chance of having a successful 3-4, there isn't really any players available that could play the role at a high level and we may be forced to trade up and "reach" for Brace. There are no NT in free agency either except Gabe Watson but he is a RFA which means we have to match whatever his team offer him.

The number of NT's available is so scarce that we HAVE to go for Raji. It's an absolute no brainer. If we can get the best one, we could be set in that position for the next 10 years.

"Megatron" wrote:

I agree with everything you said, but Ted Thompson strikes me as a stubborn man. Seldom does he give in. Actually the way he goes about free agency might give us an indication on how he treats the draft. I think if he's aggressive in free agency, then he'll be aggressive in the draft. If he's conservative as usual, then I see little to zero change.

My guess is Thompson is confident in the talent the team has and he will go about this draft the same way he has the others. That alone leads me to believe that Aaron Maybin is a serious contender.

I personally would be fine with either Jason Smith, Brian Orakpo, Everette Brown, or B.J. Raji. My preference is either Orakpo or Smith though. I think something people are ruling out is the left tackle. Clifton has one year left tops and I personally think he should be let go right now and GB doesn't have a potential franchise left tackle on their roster. They need to protect Rodgers as he is the franchise now.
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Larry English eh? I remember him from when I followed Garret Wolfe at NIU.

I have to understand the point megatron made. I understand that thinking.
Megatron
15 years ago

I agree with everything you said, but Ted Thompson strikes me as a stubborn man. Seldom does he give in. Actually the way he goes about free agency might give us an indication on how he treats the draft. I think if he's aggressive in free agency, then he'll be aggressive in the draft. If he's conservative as usual, then I see little to zero change.

My guess is Thompson is confident in the talent the team has and he will go about this draft the same way he has the others. That alone leads me to believe that Aaron Maybin is a serious contender.

I personally would be fine with either Jason Smith, Brian Orakpo, Everette Brown, or B.J. Raji. My preference is either Orakpo or Smith though. I think something people are ruling out is the left tackle. Clifton has one year left tops and I personally think he should be let go right now and GB doesn't have a potential franchise left tackle on their roster. They need to protect Rodgers as he is the franchise now.

"porky88" wrote:

I think, barring no trade ups or trade downs, I think we will use our 3rd pick on a OT. Apparently the OT's are deep in the draft so a good one should eventually fall to us. A name that has regularly popped up in mock drafts is Jamon Meredith.

I think the we will draft the following positions in this order NT, OLB, OT. And the rest whatever Ted Thompson and his staff feels is best.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.