longtimefan
15 years ago
its not a buy out, wait, it is a buy out!

I dont want to compete, wait I want to compete
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

great article Heather, thanks.

I found it interesting that he found out he was traded to the Jets through the media. Classless on Ted's part if you ask me. I don't care who you are, if you are property of a team and you get traded, you should be personally called by management or coaching first.

Once again, if it was Brett that was being the Jackass, he could have vetoed the trade and forced the Tampa trade.

Hell, I was traded when I was in Jr. hockey and my coach called me beforehand to let me know and thank me for being a great team player.

"Trippster" wrote:

From what Brett said, that is what he wanted to do, veto the trade but he felt too much dirt had been flung around already and just went with it. I think that was admirable of him. Keep in mind, if he pissed the Packers off even more, they did not have to trade him and he could have been riding the bench the whole season too.

Brett controlled where he was traded to in the sense he could veto it.
Packers controlled whether Brett would play or not. They could have NOT traded him at all and let him ride out as 2nd string and dealt with the mess that would entail it.

As much as Brett is saying he did it for the right reasons, he also had no real choice IF he really wanted to play.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

He had a choice and leverage but chose not to use it. There were 12 million reasons why the Packers would never had let him sit on the bench.

I also find it interesting that when Brett first retired they had the jersey retirement day settled within days. Now, it is not even on their radar. I think it really shows how anxious they were to get him out of the green and gold.

I am now totaling buying into the theory that Ted has wanted him gone for a few years now, as Brett has said he felt.

"Trippster" wrote:

+1 🙂
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
lol Heather, you're posts public contradict what you say privately to me. Crazy!
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

lol Heather, you're posts public contradict what you say privately to me. Crazy!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I dont think so Zero, I have always felt that Brett was handled all wrong with the Packers organization. I also knew there was more to all the stories we read as well. We just didnt know the whole version and still really dont.

I believe in what Tripp has said through out all of this, I also have listened to you and you made some sense as well. I was just really confused with it all on how it all went down.

I tend to believe Brett because he has always come across as being a "real" person, down to earth. I also think it was pretty horrible that he didnt know he was being traded to the Jets but through the media is where he learned this. Why didnt the Packers have some respect for him and tell him themselves. It makes you think that the Packers wanted him gone and he had no choice in the matter. If he wanted to play he had to play some wheres else which I am glad that he did, it gave me one more year to enjoy him.
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

I don't mean to peg you with this, but you've had it in against Ted for awhile and have been blindly in Brett's corner. So you saying you 'totally' buy into the theory of Ted wanting Brett gone for a few years now doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me how you pick an chose what comments of Brett's you go with. It's convienent how you omit Brett's other comments about how he felt welcomed every year, except last year when he heard 'crickets' instead of Mike and Ted rubbing his feet saying 'come back, please come back an honor your contract, please say yes because i have 52 other GROWN MEN to convince to come back an honor their contract as well!'.

The Packers pushed the issue, admitted by Ted and Mike because they felt Brett was undoubtedly returning because of the season he and the Packers had. Personally, I think that was a mistake to rush Brett to make a decision. Even Brett said himself most NFL players would want to retire just a month or two after the season is over. They need time for their bodies to heal up and get it out of their system a little bit.

As per the jersey, how can that be interesting? When Brett retired the first time, the Packers expected some wavering and Brett was at that time willing to retire his number. It wasn't JUST the Packers, Brett agreed with it as well. I personally think it was kind of crap to do it so soon, on the Packers part. I think Brett just rolled with it.

And now Brett is bitter towards Ted and I'm willing to bet he doesn't want Ted there for his jersey retirement. So how is that interesting? I mean, it makes sense.

I find it interesting those who feel they know Brett so well can't figure out why Ted wouldn't say yes or no to his ideas. Ted, likes hush hush. Brett, is talk talk. So why would Ted say 'yes lets get Moss' or anyone to Brett? If he tells Brett, Brett runs to the media well no that's not true, the media runs to Brett and then Brett tells them. Then the cat is out of the bag.

I guess I wish people could separate their love for Favre and hate for Ted. I lost a little respect for Brett when he said he came back in part to stick it to the Packers. He wanted to come back as a Viking? That's SELFISH. He says he cares so much about his fans, but yet wanted to come back... as a VIKING? My guess is he was so enraged with bitterness it consumed his better judgment because the Brett I know, DOES care about his fans and image and legacy.

Part of me wants Ted gone so we can properly retire Brett's number and hopefully mend the fence between the Packers and Brett. I don't mind Ted's move's draft wise, some of his other moves I don't care for, the shitty communication with Brett on his and Mike's part is absurd for professionals. Mike and Ted assume way too much and it hurt Brett, his fans and the Packers.... In My Opinion.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

With Brett wanting to play for the Vikings, yes part of it was to stick it to the packers, well if I was in a job and was treated badly I would want to stick it to my boss as well, I probably wouldnt because thats not the type of person that I am, but I would think it. He i'm sure wanted to play also for the vikings because he knew the system he didnt have to go in there and learn a whole new playbook in which he had to do with the Jets. I dont fault Brett at all for thinking the way he has.

After being with a team for so many years you would think he would have a little right to say lets try and acquire this person from another team. I dont think this is out of the ordinary, Brett wanted the best players on his team to win. He is all about winning and competing.

I dont think I would retire my Jersey either with Ted there, Ted seemed to be the one that Brett has the most problem with, why would he come back there now to retire it, I surely wouldnt.

Again this is just my viewpoint, I for one dont know what all happened, and you do just hear bits and pieces, but I will always stand up for my QB that made me love football so much. Hes a very genuine guy.
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I want to believe Brett, but he keeps contradicting himself over and over and over again. I believe I've said it from the get go that this is more on the Packers than Brett.

Brett shouldn't have expected to be able to just waltz back in, but more so the Packers shouldn't have pressured him into making a decision so soon after the season was concluded.

The Packers should be better at communicating than they displayed during the whole thing and Brett should have been more stringent on his wants. If he didn't want to make a decision in early March, he should have stated as such.

With that said, Brett has said for a long time, its better to leave a year too soon than a year too late. His first retirement should have been his only retirement. I am glad he came back because (selfishly) I was able to see my all time favorite QB and 2nd all time favorite player have fun again for at leas ta half season more than i would have if he had stayed retired.

Heather, you showed reason and rational thinking in our discussions. It was encouraging. I feel your passion and completely understand it.

Same with Tripp, I'm glad to have you both on this board and say your opinion. Even though I disagree with some of it, it's great to have other views and it opens the door for great discussions.

I've tried finding facts to support those point of views, but each time I think progress is made, Brett has something to contradict it with. It's sad because it'd be great to have just ONE culprit in this mess, but there isn't just one. It was ALL parties involved. Again, I think more responsibility falls onto the Packers than Brett, but all are at fault. The choosing sides thing, is just kind of perturbing at times because there is no right side. That's not opinion, it's fact just as you've said, we don't know the WHOLE story, therefore there is no right side.

During some of Brett's comments after retirement, again, I was a little upset, but I know a lot of the source of his comments and I have a hard time faulting him for that. Sometimes family and friends should mind their own business and let Brett... be Brett.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.