Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
The strip may not tell the police how much money is in your car, but they are apparently able to be encoded, like a package with UPS, at every stop (bank), giving authorities a picture of how the bills have been used over time.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
15 years ago

I would far rather be free than safe. In a time of true national crisis (this War on Terrorism hardly qualifies), I'd place infinitely more trust in a well-armed populace as guaranteed by the Second Amendment than my supposedly benevolent government. One of the reasons Hitler never invaded Switzerland was that, then as now, the government relies primarily on the militia model for national defense, issuing all able-bodied men a fully automatic assault weapon and 72 rounds of ammunition (which must be kept sealed) and mandating that they demonstrate proficiency with their weapon at least yearly. If Hitler, with his powerful standing army, didn't think it was worth the risk to invade this tiny country that bordered Germany, why should an immense, well-armed nation like ours, with the highest rate of gun ownership in the world, fear a bunch of tribal insurgents who have no capability -- and little if any desire -- to invade the United States in any meaningful sense of the word?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I like your thinking nonstop(drivel) as I think most gun owners would.
yooperfan
15 years ago

Think about it........now there are video cameras all over our highways. They can monitor anything.......phones, computer, anything.
Look at "Google Earth"........look how far you can zoom in. You can see cars very clearly. Now.......if we as a people can see that from a satelite, you KNOW that the government can zoom it in to where they can see you, your license plate, and so on. "Big brother" really IS watching us.

Here is a story that was told to me by a friend. A friend of his had taken out a VERY large amount of money from his bank. He put it in his trunk in a bag. He's driving down the highway, when he is pulled over by cops, with guns drawn. They take him out of his car, and he asks WHY he's been pulled over. They ask him "Why do you have 25 thousand dollars in your car?" He looks puzzled, and ask them "How in the heck do you know how much money i have in my car?" They tell him "The strip embeded in the bills tell them how much is there." He of course was cleared when they contacted his bank.
There is SO much they know about us that we don't realize. What food do you buy? If you use a store card for discounts, or a credit card, they know just what you buy with the UPC codes.
This has been going on for years. People are just realizing it now. This is not anything new.

"Cheesey" wrote:

1984 dude.
I've thought that for along time, even before the internet came along.
Cheesey
15 years ago

I would far rather be free than safe. In a time of true national crisis (this War on Terrorism hardly qualifies), I'd place infinitely more trust in a well-armed populace as guaranteed by the Second Amendment than my supposedly benevolent government. One of the reasons Hitler never invaded Switzerland was that, then as now, the government relies primarily on the militia model for national defense, issuing all able-bodied men a fully automatic assault weapon and 72 rounds of ammunition (which must be kept sealed) and mandating that they demonstrate proficiency with their weapon at least yearly. If Hitler, with his powerful standing army, didn't think it was worth the risk to invade this tiny country that bordered Germany, why should an immense, well-armed nation like ours, with the highest rate of gun ownership in the world, fear a bunch of tribal insurgents who have no capability -- and little if any desire -- to invade the United States in any meaningful sense of the word?

"yooperfan" wrote:

I like your thinking nonstop(drivel) as I think most gun owners would.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I agree with BOTH of you!
Problem is....we as Americans have become too LAZY, expecting the government to "protect" us. In doing so, we give up more and more freedom every year.
I don't see it EVER getting any better. There are too many that LIKE the "nanny state" we are going into.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

The strip may not tell the police how much money is in your car, but they are apparently able to be encoded, like a package with UPS, at every stop (bank), giving authorities a picture of how the bills have been used over time.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Which if you think about it, proves that they CAN tell how much money you have. If it's encoded to show how a bill is used, it wouldn't make much sense if it didn't also show the denomination, would it? One's are used differently then 20's or 50's or 100's. If they want to know how it circulates, and how fast it deteriorates so they can replace them, it only works if the know the bill's face value.
Otherwise that info would be useless.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Think about it........now there are video cameras all over our highways. They can monitor anything.......phones, computer, anything.
Look at "Google Earth"........look how far you can zoom in. You can see cars very clearly. Now.......if we as a people can see that from a satelite, you KNOW that the government can zoom it in to where they can see you, your license plate, and so on. "Big brother" really IS watching us.

Here is a story that was told to me by a friend. A friend of his had taken out a VERY large amount of money from his bank. He put it in his trunk in a bag. He's driving down the highway, when he is pulled over by cops, with guns drawn. They take him out of his car, and he asks WHY he's been pulled over. They ask him "Why do you have 25 thousand dollars in your car?" He looks puzzled, and ask them "How in the heck do you know how much money i have in my car?" They tell him "The strip embeded in the bills tell them how much is there." He of course was cleared when they contacted his bank.
There is SO much they know about us that we don't realize. What food do you buy? If you use a store card for discounts, or a credit card, they know just what you buy with the UPC codes.
This has been going on for years. People are just realizing it now. This is not anything new.

"yooperfan" wrote:

1984 dude.
I've thought that for along time, even before the internet came along.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I wish i would have read that book. My folks had it. I remember finding it in the upstairs closet, and thinking how OLD i would be in 1984. (Isn't THAT thought funny now???)
I was watching an old "Lost In Space" episode a few weeks back. It was the 1st one, and the date they were supposed to be from was i believe 1999. It made me laugh!!!
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I see what you're saying. I'm just not sure if individual bills are encoded with the depositor and withdrawer's personally identifiable information. Obviously the technology is there; I don't know if the infrastructure is there. It would seem prohibitively expensive to install this kind of equipment in every financial institution in the nation, but who knows?

Is there anyone here who has intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the banking system and can shed light on this issue?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

I see what you're saying. I'm just not sure if individual bills are encoded with the depositor and withdrawer's personally identifiable information. Obviously the technology is there; I don't know if the infrastructure is there. It would seem prohibitively expensive to install this kind of equipment in every financial institution in the nation, but who knows?

Is there anyone here who has intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the banking system and can shed light on this issue?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No....i don't mean the bills are encoded with our personal info, just with their denomination. Then they have a "gun" that can tell what the denominations are, thus why they could tell how much was in the guys trunk.
But they CAN track what we spend through credit/debit cards, "store savings" cards, your checks, and so on. Not specific bills, but amounts and on what.
Plus, i doubt that the "average" worker at a bank has access to this kind of info. I would think that would be only those in high positions.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
15 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

uh yes - that'd be me. as i explained before - no way in heck is that what's happening. bills are NOT encoded with that type of information. i've been in banking for 15 years, worked in small hometown banks as well as large commercial banks - not ONE of them had or has the technological ability to do something like this nor would they want to. the vast majority of bank robberies are solved very quickly & are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

the banking industry relies heavily on their staff to make decisions about suspicious activity with their customers. we are required to complete SAR's which are definitely tracked by the individual bank & at the state & possibly federal levels as well depending upon the situation.

on a more individual basis, if the bank staff is concerned about the well being of a customer especially in the event of a large cash withdrawal, they can contact the authorities & have them check out the situation further once said customer leaves the bank, if necessary.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1.
No one is ever "safe." I hate the people who believe in the delusion of safety. I really wish I could make them my slaves. No, I'm not joking. I don't put much value on their existence.

For instance, I had only flown once since 9/11 - to Vegas for a friend's wedding. I hate flying now because you're treated like a criminal and being unarmed = not safe.

So I'm about to get on a plane and they take the girl in front of me's plastic cigarette lighter. A freaking plastic lighter. I told her WTF, that's just stupid and she said "well, if it makes us safer..." She'd make a good slave.

If you can take a plane with a cigarette lighter, as far as I'm concerned, you should get the plane. It would be like "congratulations, Americans have become such pussies that you were able to take an airplane with a cigarette lighter. You get to keep the plane."

This whole safety thing is what caused 9/11 to happen in the first place. Now they're spying on us for our own good? No, I don't buy that.

I don't buy the terrorism in America thing either. Bring 'em on. It's probably what we need. A few guys blow themselves up, and watch how fast Americans will all pack heat. They won't live long enough to blow themselves up after that.

It has become a scary time. There are people who think like us who think it's OUR job to defend ourselves, and those who think it's the GOVERNMENT'S job. The latter ought to be our slaves.

Private ownership of guns is for:
1) To prevent foreign invasion,
2) To prevent tyranny,
3) To protect yourself and your family from thugs.

We'd be so much safer if people packed EVERYWHERE. Friendlier too. And watch how much better people would drive.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.