Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Unfortunately, Thompson's therapist refused to discuss the relative size of Thompson's ego with me, citing doctor-patient privilege. So I guess it shall forever remain a mystery.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

What about me Warhawk that don't like him because i think he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players, he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're comparing him to GM that won several championships in an attempt to bitch about him?

What GM does not want his OWN players and his OWN team?

Would you want to pick up where someone else left off on your job and then get fired for the shit work they did? No, you'd want to clean house and do it your way because its YOUR ass on the line.
UserPostedImage
HoustonMatt
15 years ago

Can anyone give me something that proves this ego talk?

"longtimefan" wrote:

That's easy.

1) Two offseasons ago, the Chargers offered LaDanian Tomlinson for a 7th round pick. Ted Thompson balked, stating "I'm F@^*ING TED THOMPSON! I don't need LT to win a Super Bowl. I'll win with MY guys."

2) At the age of seven, after breaking both of his arms, Ted Thompson went barefoot for 4 months because he was too prideful to let his mother tie his shoes.

3) Ted Thompson has never once asked for directions.

4) Ted Thompson says he is not married because he refuses to settle and he believes no woman is good enough for him.

5) Ted Thompson traded Brett Favre after he felt like he was snubbed by Wrangler in his audition.

NOTE: Above list may or may not be factual, however, there is as much evidence to support those claims as there is to support the claim that he has a larger than average ego.
blank
mi_keys
15 years ago
If Ted Thompson has such an ego, why does he ruthlessly cut his own players when they don't perform? In 2006 we drafted a kick and punt returner out of TCU named Cory Rodgers. He muffs a couple punts and is cut before the season starts. He cut Koren Robinson who has been his guy so many times through his career because he felt he could get more at the receiver position. Hell, he cut our punter Jon Ryan right before the season started because he didn't like the lack of consistency from him and Ryan was one of TT's players. Granted the last one was a blunder, but the point is he is not building a team simply to be "his" team. He kept former stars around like KGB and Franks to give them a chance to find their old form. Only after they established beyond a reasonable doubt that they were done were they released. As some one pointed out he keeps the core players here (see above for list) regardless of who drafted them or signed them from free agency. And he cuts whoever he doesn't think is performing, regardless of whether or not it's one of his players.
Born and bred a cheesehead
longtimefan
15 years ago
its only an ego cuz of him letting Brett walk

no other reason than that
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
I have no idea where this ego idea comes from. They guy just came in and did what he was hired to do.

I guess having a strong belief in a particular strategy, and sticking to it is a bad thing.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

What about me Warhawk that don't like him because i think he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players, he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You're comparing him to GM that won several championships in an attempt to bitch about him?

What GM does not want his OWN players and his OWN team?

Would you want to pick up where someone else left off on your job and then get fired for the shit work they did? No, you'd want to clean house and do it your way because its YOUR ass on the line.

"dhazer" wrote:

Exactly my point Zero lets clean house on a team that was consistently winning to go back to being a below average team. Since Ted took over we have missed the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years. Since Jerry dismantled the Bulls how many times have they been in the playoffs once maybe twice?

Btw i like how you make it look like i started this thread but thats fine i don't care i stand by my beliefs if they are right or wrong.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I just don't think this ego discussion proves anything. Does he have a big ego? Probably. You don't ascend to his position by being meek, mild, and under-confident. i don't see him having a bigger ego than any other GM in the league, or coach, or player for that matter. Does he want to have a legacy? Uh, yeah! But the NFL is very very fickle and to have a legacy you've got to last long enough to develop one. Getting rid of players that give you the best chance to win doesn't make sense at all. What that means is that he in fact did not get rid of the players that gave him the best chance to win. He trimmed the fat. something many GM's fail to do, and shortly thereafter are fired. Phil Savage is the first to come to mind at the moment. Thompson didn't ascend to his position by being stupid either.
UserPostedImage
dingus
15 years ago
I can think of at least one player who has a bigger ego than ted.
blank
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

I can think of at least one player who has a bigger ego than ted.

"dingus" wrote:

Are his initials Aaron Rodgers lol hahahhaha this thread is really a joke but hell i'll keep playing i don't mind. But a little side note for all of you praising him i don't want to hear no bitching about him after he don't sign any Free agents or he drafts a bust at #9 or trades down and finally if we have another bad season next year or will you guys blame that on MM?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (57m) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (6h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (13h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (13h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (13h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (17h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.