vegOmatic
15 years ago

Now Bush on the other hand, didn't do a whole lot of things I think we'll look back at and say he was a great leader. Ofcourse I can't look into the future, but it just seems highly unlikely.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yah, it's going to suck being a bad president after an extremely successful campaign against terrorism. Of course, there is the possibility that some people repeat lies often enough to sway people from the truth. Wouldn't be the first time in history that ever happened, either. Just ask Dan Rather what the truth is.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Yah, it's going to suck being a bad president after an extremely successful campaign against terrorism. Of course, there is the possibility that some people repeat lies often enough to sway people from the truth. Wouldn't be the first time in history that ever happened, either. Just ask Dan Rather what the truth is.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Extremely successful campaign against terrorism eh...

Yikes.. Carry on.

Even if you can muddle enough points to carry that argument, there are many other points within government than just terrorism.

I'll carry my opinion of his presidency much differently than you.. no sense arguing the point to a bloody end.

*edited* No point debating the facts.. we just view them differently.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
MontanaBob
15 years ago
Ok, the Bohunk has something to say, so listen up. (as computers shut down nationwide)

Way back in grade school and high school (late 50's to 1961) my best friend lived across the street from me. He was black....still is as far as I know. Now this was in lily white Whitefish Bay WI. He was the only black in school. His father worked for the postal system and his mother was a teacher at Milwaukee East High School.

One day he was down in the dumps and I asked him what the matter was. He said some kids were giving him a bad time, using nasty names and so on. We sat down and I said to him, "Joey, you and I are the same. Think of it this way. We both get Christmas presents that are the same, only we don't know that. Your present is wrapped with green paper with snowflakes on it, and mine is wrapped with red paper with snowmen on it. We open the packages and they are the same."

"So, your wrapping is different than mine, but inside we are the same. Is your blood red? So is mine. You got 206 bones in your body, so do I. (he looks puzzled at this...hadn't been paying attention in biology class.) Everything inside you is the same as me, and everyone else. Except for Specky Halvorman who we still believe was the first test tube kid to come out of a chemistry expirement gone very wrong."

My point: I think we spend too much time paying attention to the wrapping than what is inside the package. Joey and I are still good friends. We keep in touch quite often. When we had a private memorial service for my Father after he died in 1987, there was a knock on the door, and there was Joey, then 45 years old. He came over to pay his respects. Drove all the way from Madison.

As for Specky Halvorman, the last time I talked with Joey, we both agreed that Specky was hiding out in Afghanistan and had grown a beard. The resemblence is uncanny.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
zombieslayer
15 years ago

A guy i worked with (he's black) and i would go back and forth with racial jokes. One day he came into work, and i said to Ricky "Good morning plasma!" He looked at me and said "Plasma???" I said "Yeah....YOU know......BLOOD!!!" We both ended up laughing so hard everyone thought we were crazy!
This was during the OJ Simpson trial........I started calling him "OJ" when he would come into work, and after a few days of that, he about floored me when he said "Good morning Kato!" (After Kato Kaylin, the guy living in OJ's guest house. I think i spelled his last name wrong, but you know who i mean) Then he followed it up with "When you gonna move your lazy cracker ass out of my guest house???" I'll tell you what......Ricky is a man i'd be PROUD to call my brother. If the races could get along like he and i did, there wouldn't BE any race problems.
We had some VERY serious talks, too.
I'd stand side by side with him in any fight, and he knows it.
I lost track of him after i became disabled, but have seen him a few times. When we do see each other, it's like we never were apart. I get a big hug from him, and it's like....well.....it's just one of those times in life that makes it worth living.

"Cheesey" wrote:

That's actually pretty funny.

I like it when race is reduced to a joke. Possibly the funniest television skit I've ever seen was when Dave Chappelle was head of the KKK. I couldn't stop laughing. For those who haven't seen it, you need to do a search for it or borrow some Dave Chappelle DVDs from a friend. I think it was Season One.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
vegOmatic
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Yikes.. Carry on.

Even if you can muddle enough points to carry that argument, there are many other points within government than just terrorism.

I'll carry my opinion of his presidency much differently than you.. no sense arguing the point to a bloody end.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Yes, Iraq was a disaster. The country has fallen into civil war and the conflict has carried over into surrounding countries.

Just what do you call a failure? A nation that is becoming stable, able to self-rule, and no longer carries out a policy to absorb its neighbors? Al-Quaeda is vastly weakened and barely able to throw water balloons at a target. Or was it supposed to all be over in 6 weeks?

I hope our next war is this type of a disaster. Yeah, it's obvious going over the facts isn't going to go anywhere.
blank
Rockmolder
15 years ago

A guy i worked with (he's black) and i would go back and forth with racial jokes. One day he came into work, and i said to Ricky "Good morning plasma!" He looked at me and said "Plasma???" I said "Yeah....YOU know......BLOOD!!!" We both ended up laughing so hard everyone thought we were crazy!
This was during the OJ Simpson trial........I started calling him "OJ" when he would come into work, and after a few days of that, he about floored me when he said "Good morning Kato!" (After Kato Kaylin, the guy living in OJ's guest house. I think i spelled his last name wrong, but you know who i mean) Then he followed it up with "When you gonna move your lazy cracker ass out of my guest house???" I'll tell you what......Ricky is a man i'd be PROUD to call my brother. If the races could get along like he and i did, there wouldn't BE any race problems.
I lost track of him after i became disabled, but have seen him a few times. When we do see each other, it's like we never were apart. I get a big hug from him, and it's like....well.....it's just one of those times in life that makes it worth living.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I like it when race is reduced to a joke. Possibly the funniest television skit I've ever seen was when Dave Chappelle was head of the KKK. I couldn't stop laughing. For those who haven't seen it, you need to do a search for it or borrow some Dave Chappelle DVDs from a friend. I think it was Season One.

"Cheesey" wrote:

http://www.videojunkyard.com/file/280-dave-chappelle-kkk-clip.html 

I think that was what you're talking about.

Still laughing every time I hear something about Rick James or Charlie Murphy.
Cheesey
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

Wasn't that where he was blind, and didn't KNOW he was black?
When you can joke about stuff, you don't get all worked up and uptight.

I think anyone that comes here regularly KNOWS that i make as much fun of myself as i do anyone else. Why take yourself so seriously? (Wow....i sounded a little like the "Joker" right there!!!) When you can laugh at yourself, it makes life alot easier.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Yikes.. Carry on.

"pack93z" wrote:

Yes, Iraq was a disaster. The country has fallen into civil war and the conflict has carried over into surrounding countries.

Just what do you call a failure? A nation that is becoming stable, able to self-rule, and no longer carries out a policy to absorb its neighbors? Al-Quaeda is vastly weakened and barely able to throw water balloons at a target. Or was it supposed to all be over in 6 weeks?

I hope our next war is this type of a disaster. Yeah, it's obvious going over the facts isn't going to go anywhere.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Plus the FACT that we as a nation have not been attacked again since 9/11.
Thats because our leadership took immediate action. Had Bush not done so, do you think we would not have been attacked again and again?

And it STILL makes me laugh when so many people say Saddam didn't have any weapons. Hell, he used them against his OWN people! Then, when the UN wanted to send inspectors in, Saddam would make them wait at certain buildings for days before he would let them in. Tell me......does anyone REALLY believe he wasn't hiding anything??? The UN SHOULD have just said "No, we are NOT going to wait, we are going in NOW!"
But the UN is useless. A Lion with no teeth. It can roar, but EVERYONE knows it has NO bite.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
15 years ago

abraham lincoln is my favorite president. a man of eloquent words & strong conviction - i hope & pray that some day there will be another man or woman like him as president.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Lincoln was a horrible president if you only read the contemporary media while he was in office. Sounds very familiar from only recently.

"dfosterf" wrote:

the contemporary media thinks lincoln was horrible or YOU think lincoln was horrible?!?

"4PackGirl" wrote:

I think you missed his point. I trust he was referring to the "media" perception at the time, and he is also correct. It was nothing short of a miracle that Lincoln was re-elected. In retrospect, it was a miracle.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Heh. Why bother... I shouldn't make historical references to people who don't know their history.

Essentially, the only conclusion one would have about Lincoln is he was a horrible president if all you do is read newspaper accounts from 1862-1863. History has been a tad kinder.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

i find it interesting that you're insulting me when i've read probably close to 15 books about him, visited every monument ever made in his honor, & his childhood "stomping grounds" but please continue your diatribe about my ignorance of history.

i'm sick of the cutting remarks, veg. i feel i've mostly been a respectful poster here so i don't understand the hostility.
Formo
15 years ago

abraham lincoln is my favorite president. a man of eloquent words & strong conviction - i hope & pray that some day there will be another man or woman like him as president.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Lincoln was a horrible president if you only read the contemporary media while he was in office. Sounds very familiar from only recently.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

the contemporary media thinks lincoln was horrible or YOU think lincoln was horrible?!?

"dfosterf" wrote:

I think you missed his point. I trust he was referring to the "media" perception at the time, and he is also correct. It was nothing short of a miracle that Lincoln was re-elected. In retrospect, it was a miracle.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Heh. Why bother... I shouldn't make historical references to people who don't know their history.

Essentially, the only conclusion one would have about Lincoln is he was a horrible president if all you do is read newspaper accounts from 1862-1863. History has been a tad kinder.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

i find it interesting that you're insulting me when i've read probably close to 15 books about him, visited every monument ever made in his honor, & his childhood "stomping grounds" but please continue your diatribe about my ignorance of history.

i'm sick of the cutting remarks, veg. i feel i've mostly been a respectful poster here so i don't understand the hostility.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

No hostility. He was just made a bad assumption that you didn't know much about your Lincoln history.

In fact, it looks more like he agrees with you.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!