go.pack.go.
15 years ago

I might even be onboard with Mr Rodgers :p

"dhazer" wrote:

I think it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens...no offense.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I might even be onboard with Mr Rodgers :p

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I think it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens...no offense.

"dhazer" wrote:

Now you KNOW he's kidding.
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago
no, i think dhazer likes rodgers. in fact, i know he does. he doesn't like ted thompson, he thinks mccarthy can do much better than he has done, and dhazer likes to play devil's advocate. i disagree with his opinions most of the time, but he isn't as serious as most of you think he is. he says things to get a rise out of people, so just don't get your panties in a bunch.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I think the bottom line here is to consider what Ted Thompson was brought in here for and the situation the team was in at the time.

The roster was getting old, our depth beyond starters was non-existent, Favre was already talking about the tractor, and even our own prior GM was saying we had less than NFL caliber starters at various positions.

Ted Thompson was brought in to get the Cap managed properly and get an aging team younger and build quality depth into the roster and I am quite certain knew he had to find the future QB for the team as well.

The recipe was just not conducive for paying high end experienced FA's who all pretty much knew GB was reloading.

I will say this. Based on any reasonable timetable the '07 season and 13-3 came ahead of it's time but for every good break and close win we pulled out that year what goes around came around in '08.

2007 advanced the expectations and shortened the timetable for him and for the team. In short, the situation now is DIFFERENT than in the past because this last season went in REVERSE instead of a steady building process. We have not been a couple of FA's away from being a contender and in a place where feet are closer to the fire as they are now.

I thank Ted Thompson for getting us this far along this fast.

I believe this coming season with more urgency to improve certain aspects of the team and calling for a new defense will prompt Ted Thompson to do what need to be done to get us where we need to be.

You see I don't believe Ted Thompson has anything against FA at all. I don't think FA was the move to make.....until now. I think now he will make that move.

"warhawk" wrote:

Wow. Hard to argue against that.

In that respect, I agree with you. Ted Thompson has done a fabulous job at taking an aging roster that was in salary cap hell.

I will rightly give him those props. Good job, TT.

Now, the situation is different. That problem has been solved. The question that remains is can we make the Playoffs post-Favre? If in '09 we're lookin' good, I will be in TT's camp. If we have another losing season, I'll be calling for his resignation. Keep in mind, this is year numero cinco for him (#5 for those of you not in California). Rebuilding phase is over.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I don't put him in the same category as a gravedigga or Fred or someone of that nature. I never really got MAD at his opinions, even though he is wrong a lot IMO...haha.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Well, newsflash to you all - professionals make mistakes.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

They sure do! And as anyone who has followed our gametime chats over the past season will attest, I'm critical of quite a few decisions this administration has made, particularly Mike McCarthy, but also Ted Thompson (for example, I still disagree with how the Ryan Grant situation was handled).

When it comes to talent acquisition, however, I have adopted a more patient, wait-and-see approach, because I'm firmly convinced that impatience, snap decisions, and short-term focus are a sure road to long-term mediocrity.

I think the hiring of Dom Capers is a fantastic decision. Now I expect that he'll have an influence over some of the talent picked up in the draft. Will I expect the Packers to be a top-5 defense next season simply because they hired Capers? No, but I will expect significant improvement.

If the defense continues to fold in critical situations and Mike McCarthy continues to be conservative on big plays over the next two seasons, I'll be at the front of the line calling for their heads. But when I think of the huge transitions this team experienced this season and will be experiencing going into next season, I'm inclined to cut them a little slack.

Frankly, I think the Packers were a few defensive lapses away from a serious run at the Big Game last year, so I believe they will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming season. But I'm a Packers fan, so it's in my genes to believe that every season. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

They sure do! And as anyone who has followed our gametime chats over the past season will attest, I'm critical of quite a few decisions this administration has made, particularly Mike McCarthy, but also Ted Thompson (for example, I still disagree with how the Ryan Grant situation was handled).

When it comes to talent acquisition, however, I have adopted a more patient, wait-and-see approach, because I'm firmly convinced that impatience, snap decisions, and short-term focus are a sure road to long-term mediocrity.

I think the hiring of Dom Capers is a fantastic decision. Now I expect that he'll have an influence over some of the talent picked up in the draft. Will I expect the Packers to be a top-5 defense next season simply because they hired Capers? No, but I will expect significant improvement.

If the defense continues to fold in critical situations and Mike McCarthy continues to be conserative on big plays over the next two seasons, I'll be at the front of the line calling for the heads. But when I think of the huge transitions this team experienced this season and will be experiencing going into next season, I'm inclined to cut them a little slack.

Frankly, I think the Packers will be a force to be reckoned with next season. But I'm a Packers fan, so it's in my genes to believe that every season. :D

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Oh, you have no idea how excited I am for '09 Packers season. I strongly think the 3-4 is what the doctor ordered. Capers will be a good fit for DC, and I have high expectations for next year.

I too am hoping we see more '07 Mike McCarthy than '08 MM. He was driving me crazy last year with his conservative playcalling when he was very aggressive in '07 (which is a GOOD thing).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
zombieslayer
15 years ago

everybody like to say "i told you so"

"bozz_2006" wrote:

I don't.

When practically everyone I know is dead because they got eaten by zombies, it won't be fun saying "I told you so."
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
<hijack>

Speaking of which, zombieslayer, I've been meaning to ask you: What game or movie does your avatar come from? It looks like a graphic from a Magic card to me.

</hijack>
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Ted will never ever get the true respect he deserves. Oh he will in NFL circles, but not here in Green Bay.

Even if the Packers win the Superbowl next year, which they will, (Been saying it for 3 years.) he will still not get all of Green Bay's Love.

There will be some who will say we could have had "TWO IN A ROW" with Brett. That is crazy... But it is a fact.

I think this thread is a great read. I am not meaning to take it off the rails.

The fact is Warhawk opened some eyes and perhaps made in IMHO "The Post Of The Year" on this forum.

However, as good as Warhawks post is... There are people who do not, and never will like Ted.

GREAT POST WARHAWK.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."