dhazer
15 years ago
Zero i was just saying that the defenses of Pitt and Balt are alot better then Minn Atlanta and Indy as he stated. Thats all i was stating. I guess we will find out next year because we do play them.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Zero i was just saying that the defenses of Pitt and Balt are alot better then Minn Atlanta and Indy as he stated. Thats all i was stating. I guess we will find out next year because we do play them.

"dhazer" wrote:

IF that is what you were saying, why not be direct and just say it? Because either way, its still the same premise of you trying to discredit what Aaron Rodgers did last year. Only in a round a bout way.

You hate the guy and think he's trash. I think he's an okay QB and has a potentially bright future as our QB. I happen to think you're above this hate and hope that someday you can learn to accept and appreciate that we still have the best QB in the division and one of the better ones in the league. I'm not saying he's Peyton Manning league'ish, not a chance in hell. But he's sure as hell not Kyle Orton league'ish. He's somewhere in the middle of the pack. A little above middle.
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
15 years ago

I dont have to get on board until he proves he can make this a winning team lol. He had a decent year but i dont base 1 year on how good of a qb is after all Derrick Anderson i believe was an all pro last year and this year he was benched.

"dhazer" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers isn't Derrick Anderson. Aaron Rodgers proved he could play at a high level against higher competition as he put up good numbers against Minnesota in week one, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Chicago, and even Carolina.

Derrick Anderson played good against the bad teams and bad against the good teams in 2007. Then near the end of the year he stunk.

I do agree that Aaron Rodgers is not good in the final five minutes and I also saw what you saw on TV. That doesn't mean he can't be though and Rodgers biggest problem is once he stops thinking about everything and starts playing, he'll win close games.

"porky88" wrote:

Ummmmmm i would be curious to see what rodgers could do against Pitt and the Ravens twice that would kill any qbs stats

I also want to add i rewatched the colts game and saw something that brings up a good question. The packers were inside the 20 Rodgers throws a pass and it almost gets picked. The next 2 plays are runs so it makes me wonder how many times Mike McCarthy did this because of no faith in the kid.

"dhazer" wrote:

The same game where he called a for a pass on like 10 of 12 3rd downs?
blank
dhazer
15 years ago
I didnt mean it as a cutdown steve. It just struck me funny that with the almsot pick he called simple off tackle runs and settled for the fg. It was more meant as a question if Mike McCarthy put the handcuffs on Rodgers is what i was meaning.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

I dont have to get on board until he proves he can make this a winning team lol. He had a decent year but i dont base 1 year on how good of a qb is after all Derrick Anderson i believe was an all pro last year and this year he was benched.

"dhazer" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers isn't Derrick Anderson. Aaron Rodgers proved he could play at a high level against higher competition as he put up good numbers against Minnesota in week one, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Chicago, and even Carolina.

Derrick Anderson played good against the bad teams and bad against the good teams in 2007. Then near the end of the year he stunk.

I do agree that Aaron Rodgers is not good in the final five minutes and I also saw what you saw on TV. That doesn't mean he can't be though and Rodgers biggest problem is once he stops thinking about everything and starts playing, he'll win close games.

"porky88" wrote:

Ummmmmm i would be curious to see what rodgers could do against Pitt and the Ravens twice that would kill any qbs stats

"dhazer" wrote:

I knew and I think the Browns knew Derrick Anderson's year last year was a fluke. I remember reading in a fantasy magazine last year that DA made the worst decisions in the league. A lot of his passes were off target (low comp. percentage, intercepted, tipped, almost picked).

I can't compare both QBs because Aaron Rodgers is definitely a better QB.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Stevetarded
15 years ago

I didnt mean it as a cutdown steve. It just struck me funny that with the almsot pick he called simple off tackle runs and settled for the fg. It was more meant as a question if Mike McCarthy put the handcuffs on Rodgers is what i was meaning.

"dhazer" wrote:

Thats fine, I just don't really think it's fair to say that McCarthy had no faith in him. They seemed to rely on the passing game very heavily in most important situations. Obviously a lot of it had to do with the lack of confidence in the run but I suppose it's debatable how much.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Thats fine, I just don't really think it's fair to say that McCarthy had no faith in him. They seemed to rely on the passing game very heavily in most important situations. Obviously a lot of it had to do with the lack of confidence in the run but I suppose it's debatable how much.

"dhazer" wrote:

3rd down

Rodgers 161 pass atempts, 16 rushes
Combined Grant,Jackson,Wynn and Kuhn 35 rushes
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

For what its worth, we had 541 passing plays to 437 running plays last year. Per NFL.com
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

I also want to add i rewatched the colts game and saw something that brings up a good question. The packers were inside the 20 Rodgers throws a pass and it almost gets picked. The next 2 plays are runs so it makes me wonder how many times Mike McCarthy did this because of no faith in the kid.

"dhazer" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers don't play Pittsburgh and Baltimore and so what if he were to play awful against those defenses. Those are the best defenses in football and they make a lot of quarterbacks look bad.

Rodgers went up and put up a lot of passing yardage against a good Tennessee defense and in week one he played real well against Minnesota's defense which I think was the 3rd best in the NFC behind Philadelphia and the New York Giants this year

Also this talk that Mike McCarthy has no faith in Aaron Rodgers is just ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be the quarterback if Mike McCarthy didn't have faith in him.

Most play callers tend to get conservative inside the 20 yard line. That's just the way they are. Ironically I think McCarthy is way to aggressive throughout the game until he gets a lead in the fourth quarter. Then I think he's way to conservative. Neither has anything to do with Aaron Rodgers. It's the way Mike McCarthy is.

Rodgers did have the best statistical numbers in the NFL inside the red zone. That doesn't happen by design. McCarthy is on board with Aaron Rodgers. If your not on board with Rodgers, then you probably shouldn't be on board with Mike McCarthy either.
macbob
15 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

I think he pressed at the end of the game, trying to live up to his predecessor's legacy. As he gets to the point where he's looking over his shoulder less I expect that will change. And speaking of shoulders, keep in mind he did all this after almost separating his shoulder (if he didn't actually separate it).
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (17h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.