Cheesey
15 years ago

Reading these kind of articles makes me shake my head.

Anyone consider the fact that if the "victim" didn't have a weapon, he probably wouldn't have moved to shove open the door which would have been unlikely to startle the robber into pulling out a weapon?

This is legal murder. That's what it is. Shove the dude, let him pull out a weapon and then blast away. And hey, no problem, it was "self defence".

"TheEngineer" wrote:

And, did anyone consider that if the "victim" didn't have a weapon, that maybe he and his girlfriend could have ended up the ones being DEAD?

Which brings us back too......the guy was going to try to rob them. At LEAST that, if not rape or kill.
Oh....and "startle" the robber? If the robber had a gun (which he did) he obviously intended to use it.
Are you trying to say the "victim" should have just ALLOWED himself to be robbed, or WORSE? Should he have taken the chance that MAYBE, just MAYBE the guy would just rob him and let him go? Do you bother to read the papers, watch the news, check out the web, to see how many people are shot by robbers every day in this country?
It boggles my mind how many people (you included) try to make the REAL victim out to be the CRIMINAL. Did the guy in his vehicle go out with the intent to try to commit a criminal act against an innocent person?
Answer: NO!
ALL he did was defend himself, his girlfriend, and their property against some scumbag punk.
Now lets get down to who is REALLY responsible for the scumbag crook getting killed.
Had the punk NOT gone out to rob anyone, would he have been shot and killed? No.
So.....who's fault is it???? HIS OWN!
I feel NO sadness for a punk that dies while commiting a crime.

Also.....maybe he would have "only" robbed them and let them go.
But the punk IS carrying a gun. Who's to say he doesn't kill some innocent person down the line? If he's commiting armed robbery now, you think he's going to stop there?
He has been stopped from ever robbing or killing anyone in the future.

The punk that died is the criminal, PERIOD.
Someone that commits self defense is NOT a "murderer".

Tell me......if some punk came up to you and your wife/girlfriend and pulled a gun, would you not do EVERYTHING in your power to protect yourself and your loved one?
If you say you wouldn't, i don't believe you.
Unless you have BEEN there and had to do it, it's easy to judge someone else.
I had to get between a robber and my wife......had i had a gun, i would not have shot the guy unless i had to.
I can't help but wonder though, is the guy still out there? Has he robbed, maybe killed somone since this happened in 1986?
If i had had a gun, i would have held the punk till the cops got there. But he ran, and i had no way to stop him. I hope no one else had to pay for my not being able to stop the punk.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Every situation may be different but in this case the person was carrying a weapon and attempting to rob someone. Victims have rights. Including the right to shoot.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

I agree. Everyone needs to be able to defend themselves. The strong survive.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Every situation may be different but in this case the person was carrying a weapon and attempting to rob someone. Victims have rights. Including the right to shoot.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I agree. Everyone needs to be able to defend themselves. The strong survive.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Some seem to think we should just walk down the street with our open wallets in our hands, telling anyone that walks by "Help yourself! You can take/do anything you want to me! I mean, i don't want to become a MURDERER by NOT allowing you to do what you want to me! Oh....and here! Rape my girlfriend if you want to! After all.....YOU have "rights!"

Geez.......
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
15 years ago

Anyone consider the fact that if the "victim" didn't have a weapon, he probably wouldn't have moved to shove open the door which would have been unlikely to startle the robber into pulling out a weapon?

This is legal murder. That's what it is. Shove the dude, let him pull out a weapon and then blast away. And hey, no problem, it was "self defence".

"TheEngineer" wrote:

i can't believe that anybody is actually defending this guys actions. the only "victim" here is the guy who got shot...PERIOD!!!!

how many opportunities did this idiot & his girlfriend have to just friggin drive away? why the hell did he roll his window down? he knocked the guy to the ground & THEN got out of the vehicle & shot him...not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES??? GIVE ME A BREAK GUYS!!!

i don't advocate gun control but it's COMPLETE IDIOT AZZHOLES like this who "ruin" it for those of you who ARE diligent & law abiding citizens. why the heck y'all can't see that is beyond me!!

rant...over! btw, my fiance' who wants the laws to allow concealed weapons totally agrees with me in this case. 😃
Cheesey
15 years ago
Illy.....when i was robbed, i was naive. The guy was sitting in my car, and i thought maybe he was sick or had something wrong with him. I had NO idea he was robbing us. I was more concerned to help him......and he robbed us.

The guy in the truck said that he thought maybe the guy was just a beggar coming up to ask for money.

How many times do you get that little voice that tells you "somethings not quite right" and you ignore it? The guy in the truck....if he didn't already have the truck running and in gear, whats he supposed to do? Say to the crook "Wait a sec, i have to start my truck and drive away!" In that time, you have a gun in your face. These things happen in a split second. We sit here, and have the ability to take time to figure what we would do. KNOWING that the guy was a crook with a gun. But these things happen BAM BAM, and you have THAT much time to figure what you need to do to survive. 5 seconds, tops. You make the wrong choice, you, or your friend are dead.
It's easy to judge and say "Oh, i wouldn't have done this or that" and YOU end up the one being carried away by the coroner.
The punk that planned the robbery is the ONLY criminal here. He was the one planning to use his gun to rob innocent people. He got what he earned by his OWN actions.
Again.......had he NOT gone out with a gun in his possesion, to use it to rob people, he'd still be alive, right?
Who's own actions caused his own death? Himself.
He caused it himself, period.
If you go out with a gun to rob people, ANYTHING bad that happens to you is your OWN fault, and your OWN fault ONLY.

Also.......i was taught that when someone pulls a gun on you, you shoot until there is NO way the person can shoot back and hurt or kill you. That was taught to me by my Uncle, who was a Milwaukee Police detective. You also have to PROVE you feared for your life.
If you don't kill the guy, guess what.....he will come back and try to sue you for using unnecessay force. Think thats not possible? It's been done....MANY times.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I see the point about after the robber was knocked down to drive away, but bullets go through metal and glass fairly well. Depending on the area, I have to disagree with that thought.

Who's to say that after the guy got the goods he didn't put a slug in them anyways because they seen his face? The fact is, you do not know. I don't know one should react in that situation, but I do not feel sorry for the fella who pulled a gun on someone and got killed. You threaten someones safety, you don't deserve to be on this planet with us.

My thought is if you pull a gun on someone, you can't bitch about a gun being pulled on you. to say you should just let someone harm you so you survive is bullshit. Ask a rape victim about that one.

That bodes a question. I can't speak from experience, but I'm thinking defending yourself is easier to deal with than having your freedom ripped out from you and dealing with that for life.
UserPostedImage
vegOmatic
15 years ago

"4PackGirl" wrote:

i can't believe that anybody is actually defending this guys actions. the only "victim" here is the guy who got shot...PERIOD!!!!

how many opportunities did this idiot & his girlfriend have to just friggin drive away? why the hell did he roll his window down? he knocked the guy to the ground & THEN got out of the vehicle & shot him...not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES??? GIVE ME A BREAK GUYS!!!

i don't advocate gun control but it's COMPLETE IDIOT AZZHOLES like this who "ruin" it for those of you who ARE diligent & law abiding citizens. why the heck y'all can't see that is beyond me!!

rant...over! btw, my fiance' who wants the laws to allow concealed weapons totally agrees with me in this case. :D

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I can tell you've never been robbed. The director doesn't yell CUT when someone doesn't follow your script.
blank
TheEngineer
15 years ago
I cannot accept the opinion that moving first by taking this person's life was the safer option.

This may have "worked" in this instance but the notion of antagonising someone, of whom you have no idea on their physical or mental capacity is a dangerous one. There's a reason why the police suggest people to co-operate with criminals.
blank
Blitz
15 years ago

Their dancing instructor told them that one of the East Atlanta bars, Graveyard Tavern, had big band nights,

This should have been his first clue.
"... There.. is.. your.. dagger..!! "
4PackGirl
15 years ago

"vegOmatic" wrote:

rant...over! btw, my fiance' who wants the laws to allow concealed weapons totally agrees with me in this case. :D

"4PackGirl" wrote:

I can tell you've never been robbed. The director doesn't yell CUT when someone doesn't follow your script.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

no i've never been robbed - what does that have to do with it? i can't believe anyone is still saying what this guy did is ok. he had ample opportunity to simply drive away. what are the chances a bullet (if the guy even SHOT the freakin gun) would hit him or his girlfriend in a moving vehicle? i understand being a gun proponent but burying your head in the sand about THIS instance & defending the guy is just stupidity. you are defending a person who HELPS keep concealed weapons out of your hands - what sense does THAT make?? do you see my point in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM??

oh & another thing - how the hell do ANY of us know what the guys intentions were - he's dead! so now we can read minds i guess, huh? did anybody ever consider he pulled it to defend himself against the guy who just shoved him to the ground?? WHY do we assume he was trying to rob them? i see absolutely NO difference between the two guys - each was carrying a weapon. why is it because one guy "got the drop" on the other guy is he suddenly a hero & did the right thing?
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.