zombieslayer
15 years ago

The guy that said Rodgers needed to deliver more. Well it was mentioned he'd need to throw 7 more TD = 35 TD year. Plus he ran for 4 TD so that would be expecting your QB to account for 39-40 TD in order to win games. Uh UH. If Rodgers accounts for 40 TD and we have a top 10 defense, well we'd likely be playing football right now.

"Rios39" wrote:

Likely? You're too modest. ;)
Didn't we lose five games by less than a TD?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Greg C.
15 years ago
If anything, the only problem I had with Mike McCarthy's playcalling before this year was that he would sometimes take chances that I didn't think were necessary. This year he did get too conservative, though. I think the team's poor performance got into his head a little bit, and he was overthinking. I expect him to be back in top form in 2009. I'm an optimist.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

If anything, the only problem I had with Mike McCarthy's playcalling before this year was that he would sometimes take chances that I didn't think were necessary. This year he did get too conservative, though. I think the team's poor performance got into his head a little bit, and he was overthinking. I expect him to be back in top form in 2009. I'm an optimist.

"Greg C." wrote:

Would you rather lose because you were too aggressive or too passive? I'll take the former. Passive doesn't belong in the NFL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Would you rather lose because you were too aggressive or too passive?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

The former, every single time. Unless you're closing your eyes and throwing it up on a prayer, as we did during the first quarter of the Cowboys game in 2007. That was just idiotic. In a knife fight, recklessness (aka the "gunslinger mentality") is likely to get you killed, while controlled, relentless aggression (aka, "the stiletto between the fourth and fifth ribs") is a lethal weapon.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
Was that Dallas game one of the FOUR we lost in 2007?, let's not mention any of the 14 games we won in 2007 as an example.
Mike McCarthy for some reason was trying to protect Aaron Rodgers from mistakes, results 10 LOSSES.

I'll take an aggresive,(gunslinger if that's waht you want to call it)qb anyday over the crap Mike McCarthy had Aaron Rodgers doing when things got tight in games last year!!!
Aaron Rodgers will be labeled a failure if Mike McCarthy does not let him be the QB he can be.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
The gunslinger mentality also gave us a 4-12 and two 8-8 seasons. You can't attribute the 14-4 season solely to a gunslinger mentality. If anything, it was just the opposite -- it came about in part because the gunslinger was harnessed. Remember how the commentators droned on endlessly about the remarkable transformation Mike McCarthy had wrought in Brett Favre, getting him to control his wild impulses and cut down on his turnovers?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

I have been sayin it all year and getting bashed for it"I'm a hater"

Mike McCarthy plays not to lose the game instead of playing "to win the game!!!".

What do I know, I'm just a "Hater". :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Sometimes it comes down to how you try to make a point. And also your post history.
If you constantly bash Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson for everything, it becomes hard to be taken seriously.
However, if it appears that you have actually put thought into it, not just looking for a reason to bash, people are more apt to listen to you.

As i stated, i didn't agree with Zombie at first. I thought he was over analizing. But i watched each game, and i SAW that what he was saying was factual. So instead of trying to cling to my opinion, which i now knew was wrong, i changed my opinion and gave props to Zombie.
You see, i can learn, and can admit when i'm wrong. And i was wrong about this situation.
Now.....if Ted Thompson doesn't get it together this coming season, and the team fails, I will stop backing him. I feel this coming season will show if his way of doing things is right or wrong.
All i have said all along is that ANY GM needs time to show if they are good or bad at the job. Not "forever", but a FAIR amount of time.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I think Mike McCarthy's playcalling between the 20's was fine, by and large (unless we had a lead or it was the third quarter, of course). It was inside the red zone that he became so inexplicably, and frustratingly, pedestrian and predictable. I wish we had some logical explanation for it, but none was ever forthcoming. It certainly wasn't because Rodgers was inept near the goal line.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

I have been sayin it all year and getting bashed for it"I'm a hater"

Mike McCarthy plays not to lose the game instead of playing "to win the game!!!".

What do I know, I'm just a "Hater". :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

"Cheesey" wrote:

Sometimes it comes down to how you try to make a point. And also your post history.
If you constantly bash Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson for everything, it becomes hard to be taken seriously.
However, if it appears that you have actually put thought into it, not just looking for a reason to bash, people are more apt to listen to you.

As i stated, i didn't agree with Zombie at first. I thought he was over analizing. But i watched each game, and i SAW that what he was saying was factual. So instead of trying to cling to my opinion, which i now knew was wrong, i changed my opinion and gave props to Zombie.
You see, i can learn, and can admit when i'm wrong. And i was wrong about this situation.
Now.....if Ted Thompson doesn't get it together this coming season, and the team fails, I will stop backing him. I feel this coming season will show if his way of doing things is right or wrong.
All i have said all along is that ANY GM needs time to show if they are good or bad at the job. Not "forever", but a FAIR amount of time.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

You have more patience than I do, as far as my post history, I also defended Ted Thompson and MM, along with every player on the team from those who did nothing but bash on them, but when I watch the same results happening week after week, with the same excuses being used, that is when my patience runs thin.

I end a majority of my posts about Mike McCarthy or Ted Thompson with "prove me wrong", please and I will resume my support for them.

Let's see what happens in the next few months, will Ted Thompson be the same ole stay pat and grow from within or will he make an attempt to improve the team with a FA or two.

Let's see how many times he trades down in the draft to collect young players.

The 2008 season is over, forgetting it is real easy, let's see what happens in 2009.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I think Mike McCarthy's playcalling between the 20's was fine, by and large (unless we had a lead or it was the third quarter, of course). It was inside the red zone that he became so inexplicably, and frustratingly, pedestrian and predictable. I wish we had some logical explanation for it, but none was ever forthcoming. It certainly wasn't because Rodgers was inept near the goal line.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That's the thing. I agree with you. He's tough between the 20s, but get us in the red zone, he makes Aaron put one arm behind his back. I'd rather see Aaron throw 3 TDs and one INT from the red zone than have four FGs. In the end, the only thing that matters is that you score more points than your opponent. Mike McCarthy disables Aaron from working his magic once we pass into that magical territory. And that drove me nuts.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : β€œWe’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#Γ—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.