all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
Z, I can only see that happening when one of Hall/Kuhn are injured, though.

I still think Lumpkin would be the better bet compared to Wynn, someone who has the potential for making something out of very little is regarded as very important by me, and I think Lumpkin offers that much more than Wynn.

Still, keeping a total of 6 RBs/FBs total might be pushing it. Maybe if we kept only 2 QBs then I'd be for that move, but that' won't happen either. I think Wynn's got a up hill climb to make this team, although I might be underestimating the impact of his play.

You have to give it to Wynn, when he's played he's done well. Can't degrade that at all.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I could be way off, aadp, but i think you might be wrong about the 2 QB's. I *think* that the 3rd QB does not take an official spot on the game day roster. but if the 3rd QB does go in the game, the starting QB may not enter the game again....

somebody can check the rules on that, but i think that is accurate.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Bozz, the 3rd QB is inactive on game day and only becomes active if both the starting QB and backup leave the game.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
right. so, having only 2QB's on the game day roster in order to keep an extra RB isn't really an option because there are only 2 qb's on the game day roster.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
He meant only having 2 QBs on the 53-man roster.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
^ Yeah, on the 53 man roster. Sorry, should've been clearer.

I think if Wynn was a little taller (3-4 inches), he might have been able to become a jack of all trades type of player, playing some RB, FB, even doubling as a TE at times in a two TE set.

That's just getting a little to wish-y, Wynn is what he is and that's a 5-10 RB. He might be able to double as a FB here and there, but not consistently which I think will further hurt his shot at getting on the final roster.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
got it.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
15 years ago
I did a little research about Ryan Grant. People seem to say his overrated but I don't think so here's why :

Week 1: Grant had 92 yards on 12 carries - WIN
Week 2: Grant had 20 yards on 15 carries - WIN
Week 3: Grant had 54 yards on 13 carries - LOSS
Week 4: Grant had 20 yards on 15 carries - LOSS
Week 5: Grant had 83 yards on 14 carries - LOSS
Week 6: Grant had 90 yards on 33 carries - WIN
Week 7: Grant had 105 yards on 31 carries - WIN
Week 8: Grant had 0 yards on 0 carries - BYE week
Week 9: Grant had 86 yards on 20 carries - LOSS
Week 10: Grant had 75 yards on 16 carries - LOSS
Week 11: Grant had 145 yards on 25 carries - WIN
Week 12: Grant had 67 yards on 16 carries - LOSS
Week 13: Grant had 39 yards on 12 carries - LOSS
Week 14: Grant had 104 yards on 19 carries - LOSS
Week 15: Grant had 56 yards on 21 carries - LOSS
Week 16: Grant had 61 yards on 25 carries - LOSS
Week 17: Grant had 109 yards on 19 carries - LOSS

It seems like Grant had a pretty decent season in yardage. There seems to be a problem tho, 10 games out of 16 he had less then 20 carries. I mean why not use him more, does the coaching have confidence issues with him? He got 1200 yards this season, if in those 10 games he had 5-7 more carries he would could of easily hit at least 1400.

Running the ball is really important. It helps you manage the time and keeps the drives moving. I think another reason either then the defense this year was that all we did was throw. No complains about Aaron Rodgers play but I think we just got to predictable at some points.

Let me give you an example.

Situation : 2nd and 3 - 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter

What we would do throw a pass ... incomplete
5:54 minutes remaining, 3rd and 3
We throw again ... completed ---> 5:20 left, if not completed 5:49 left

Now if we run the balls on those situation

2nd and 3 - 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter
If we run / no gain ---> time = 5:25 - run again / no gain ---> time = 4:50

That's about 30 seconds more that we have possesion of the ball and 30 second less remaining for the opposing team to work with. That's just on a simple demonstration.

All I'm saying is we need to use Grant more then we do, on so many occasions 3rd and 2 or 2nd and 3 we keep throwing the ball and turnover on down. RUN THE BALL !!! You got a running back that can take couple of hits before he goes down. Even if he does not get it at least your managing the time.

* Running game can also be very exhausting for the opposing defense and give your WR's some time to get some breathing time.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
shield4life
15 years ago
Why don't we throw to Ryan Grant more, when Ahman Green was here he had receptions up to 73 and the lowest being 19.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Presumably the coaching staff doesn't believe Grant is a reliable receiver, or no doubt they would incorporate him more into passing plays.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.