go.pack.go.
15 years ago

I feel confident about next year.
I don't think we are really that afr away from being a top echelon team.
I was always confident in the 70's and 80's and I think we are in alot better shape to succeed than we were back then.

"Orygunfan76" wrote:

From 1971 until around 1992 the Packers were non contenders.Well their was a short stint with Majk at the helm but other than that they were pretty non exhistent. this is why I have so much more respect for the 30 year-old and up Packers fans that were there rooting for them before the Favre/Superbowl era and have continued to support their team even in his absence. True fans....true fans!

"yooperfan" wrote:

I'm only 14 and I will support the Packers no matter what their record is or what they go through. I'm a Packers fan for life!
UserPostedImage
obi1
15 years ago
We are Oline and Dline short of being a decent football team. Add an inspirational leader and we are a superbowl contender.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Lame attempt at a backhanded jab at Rodgers, obi1.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Last time we had an inspirational leader per se was Reggie White.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Oh come on now.. that is just about as absurd as some of the Rodgers hatred around here..

Tell me Brett didn't inspire the Packers.. if you have any question.. roll the footage of the Packers Monday nighter in Oakland.

Like it or not... the team gravitated around Brett.. just as they did around Rodgers when the drama exploded last year.. Rodgers is a leader already.. maybe he needs a little work around the edges and things to kind of fall his way with the defense holding up their end.. but watch the pregame.. they gravitate around him.

But they did Brett as well.. I find it funny how so many forget what Brett did for the Packers.. why can't people appreciate him for his efforts here and embrace Rodgers as well.. damn..

On topic again.. yes things talent wise look in good shape.. there are questions to be answered of major proportions yet.

DC and the staff?

Depth along the Lines?

How the draft shakes out?

Jolly's trial.. huge.. if nothing else a solid piece of a DT rotation.

Tackles.. Cliffy and Tauschers status.. returning? Can we count on Colledge and ????... huge question there.

Lots of questions for a contending team if you ask me.. offseason will be huge.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Oh come on now.. that is just about as absurd as some of the Rodgers hatred around here..

Tell me Brett didn't inspire the Packers.. if you have any question.. roll the footage of the Packers Monday nighter in Oakland.

Like it or not... the team gravitated around Brett.. just as they did around Rodgers when the drama exploded last year.. Rodgers is a leader already.. maybe he needs a little work around the edges and things to kind of fall his way with the defense holding up their end.. but watch the pregame.. they gravitate around him.

But they did Brett as well.. I find it funny how so many forget what Brett did for the Packers.. why can't people appreciate him for his efforts here and embrace Rodgers as well.. damn..

On topic again.. yes things talent wise look in good shape.. there are questions to be answered of major proportions yet.

DC and the staff?

Depth along the Lines?

How the draft shakes out?

Jolly's trial.. huge.. if nothing else a solid piece of a DT rotation.

Tackles.. Cliffy and Tauschers status.. returning? Can we count on Colledge and ????... huge question there.

Lots of questions for a contending team if you ask me.. offseason will be huge.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I don't know how I left it out, but I meant to say "that got us to the big game." White was the inspirational leader of that '96 team.

I WOULD say though, that Favre wasn't the inspirational leader he had been at times in the past, during the last few seasons. The Oakland game, playing through injury, yeah, inspirational.

Things we need next year:
1. This D coaching situation not to implode on us.
2. Jenkins back.
3. An O-line that plays 14+ games together at the same positions.
4. No holdouts.
5. No key injuries.

We'll be fine. It's much easier to let 8 games slip away than to go 13-3 in the NFL. The talent is there. We just need to execute next season.
UserPostedImage
obi1
15 years ago

Lame attempt at a backhanded jab at Rodgers, obi1.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Why would you even say that?

I am a big fan of Aaron. And any one else on the Packers.

Where am I stabbing Rodgers? I'VE alwaus said that Packers needed an inspirational leader. Rodgers or otherwise.

May be you are a bit sensitive on the whole Rodgers issue.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I apologize if I misconstrued your words, obi1. But when you say, "Add an inspirational leader," that seems to imply there isn't already an inspirational leader on this team -- which implies further that Rodgers isn't an inspirational leader. Considering the fact that one of the major protests against moving on without Favre is that he was an inspirational leader who brought "intangibles" to the table, to insinuate that Rodgers isn't that kind of leader struck me as a covert attack on him.

Again, sincerest apologies if this wasn't your intention.
UserPostedImage
obi1
15 years ago

I apologize if I misconstrued your words, obi1. But when you say, "Add an inspirational leader," that seems to imply there isn't already an inspirational leader on this team -- which implies further that Rodgers isn't an inspirational leader. Considering the fact that one of the major protests against moving on without Favre is that he was an inspirational leader who brought "intangibles" to the table, to insinuate that Rodgers isn't that kind of leader struck me as a covert attack on him.

Again, sincerest apologies if this wasn't your intention.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I will be the first to admit that Brett Favre was the inspirational leader in their 13-3 season in 2007, I also agreed to the NOT bringing back of Favre was the right thing to do for the Packers.

Rodgers at least in 2008, was NOT the inspirational leader that his predecessor was in 2007 for the Packers. Rodgers was a very good QB and ws impressive at times. BUT I felt that he was NOT an inspirational leader. Also hoping he becomes one as he gains experience.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I think "inspirational leader" is purely a retrospective designation, which is why I don't put much stock in it. If the results were good, we look back and say he was an "inspirational leader." If they weren't so good, we say he wasn't inspirational. It's all hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (4h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (5h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (5h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (21h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.