Jacob
15 years ago

But either way you look at it. One player stood out in today's game. That was Jermichael Finley. If he can make the same two receptions at a consistent rate, Tight End wouldn't even be a need for the Packers.

Finley is going to be someone.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

I'm still not sold on Finley. He played well today. But has performed poorly in similar plays earlier in the season. Having a hard working, sure-handed, veteran TE in Tony G would be great. I don't think we should cough up a large amount of money for him, or give up anything more than our extra 3rd round pick. But man I really think, if still wanting out or KC wiling to deal, we should pursue him.

Is Tony a FA this offseason?

"blueleopard" wrote:

I dont think so, but hes open to a trade, and im pretty sure the cheifs are willing to deal him as a sign of gratitude for all the good years hes given them, he wants to go to a potential superbowl team though. We offered a 3rd rounder earlier in the year for him and didnt get him, but we'll see how this off season goes

Im not sure if hes a free agent or not.
yooperfan
15 years ago

Well that puts the Packers in a weird spot.

Charles Woodson and Al Harris are THE leaders of the defense. And they both have plainly said in black and white that they want more veterans on the team.

Brett Favre was THE leader of the team, and he plainly said in black and white that he wanted Randy Moss.

We'll see what happens.

"blueleopard" wrote:

Harris may have just punched his ticket out of town.
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
Where can the Packers use a top tier FA? And what can the team afford?

1 along the Line. DT or DE to go along with Kampman,Pickett and Jenkins. With the rest of the D, there are not big holes anywhere. Improvement would be through 2nd tier or draft.

Offensively there is need in the Oline.

Problem is that with the available money, if as everybody wants, Ted Thompson gets Jennings locked up before next season, then there is only room for 1 big signing or 2-3 lesser signings.

I would vote for the 2-3 lesser players. 2 Oline 1 Dline. Then hopefully a couple players from the draft also.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
15 years ago
This will be an interesting twist to the Packers offseason.. if either Harris or Woodson aren't part of the 09 season.. it will add further discussion to the talk that players and assistants are preferred to be seen and not heard in regards to personnel matters.

I like the overall direction the roster and depth of this team are taking, but if there is a concern, it is the way they operate with regards to allowing assistant coaches and players to speak openly on some of the tough issues.. ie.. adding talent where needed.

I think back to the openness of Fritz during the mid 90's... you don't hear that type of direct talk from the assistants these days.. heard that the assistants were available 1 day a week and only with a Packer PR person on location..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Packwillbeback
15 years ago
Why?

Because of the unchecked arrogance and ego of TT?
blank
15 years ago
I think as long as Thompson allows his plan to evolve and doesn't get distracted by the miserable morons masquerading as Packers fans, we'll be fine.
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago

The schemes been working for us the last couple of years, Pickett said. It wasnt the scheme.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I'm not sure which last couple of years that Pickett's refering to. The scheme's been in place 3 years, and two of those three years the defense was repeatedly gashed by explosive runs and passes, finishing toward the bottom of the league both years. The only year they had success at all with the scheme was last year.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
Players tend to defend their coach especially when he's a nice guy like Bob Sanders. The scheme isn't a bad one, but it's the execution and play calling and game planning within the scheme that isn't working. Bob Sanders just isn't aggressive and that's why a change should be made.

Harris and Woodson are stating the obvious and I assume the Packers will go and do what they want because that's how it works in the NFL.
Bigbyfan
15 years ago
I like how Charles Woodson is going to use the Pro Bowl to try and recruit players to come to Green Bay. We need this a lot. A lot of people blame our struggles with free agency on Ted Thompson, but not many people want to come to Green Bay because of the small town and weather. Having a well respected player like Woodson recruiting could do nothing but good for our FA chances.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
On the tight end situation, I think Lee is our over the middle, tough TE. Finley is our receiving TE. He can continuously run past linebackers, or at least most of them, anyway.

Also, I really do hope that Woodson tries to talk some FAs into coming to Green Bay. Hopefully if he does talk them in to it, Ted Thompson will follow Woodson's lead and pick them up.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.