macbob
15 years ago

I don't think that McCarthy will fire Sanders/Stock. He's a first time head coach, and I think he's going to keep them on staff out of a show of loyalty to his subordinates.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

And what on earth suggests that? It's nothing more than a WAY WAY out there guess.

A lot of people, including me, criticized McCarthy for hiring Kurt Schott. as the DB coach, saying it was nothing more than McCarthy doing a favour to the guy who broke him into the coaching ranks, Marty Schott.

A lot of people dismissed it as simply a move where McCarthy brought on someone who was loyal to him, one of "his guys".

Entering year 3 of Kurt Schott. as DBs coach era, can anyone really argue with that move? Kurt has helped develop a pro-bowler in Nick Collins, and last year he developed a heck of a SS in Atari Bigby, who had the numbers to merit pro-bowl consideration.

My point: If McCarthy chooses not to fire Sanders/Stock, it won't be because he is being loyal to "his guys", it is because he thinks those coaches are good enough to lead this team to a win.

After last year's 14-4 season, can't really argue with him on that point...

"macbob" wrote:

I completely disagree with you on safetly play. Collins made the pro bowl because of his interceptions (5), but even then, he's dropped as many as he's caught.

Other than that, the safety play for the Packers has been spotty at best this year. Taking poor angles to make tackles, being out of position, etc.

The situation got so bad that they moved one of the cornerbacks (Woodson) to safety, for gods sake.

I am NOT impressed with KS. :pukeright:
UserPostedImage
brnt247
15 years ago
Dropping interceptions occurs on every single defense. I'd much rather have a dropped interception than the majority of other things that can happen on a given play.
blank
joym13
15 years ago
Jarret Bush has missed some key tackles on the plays where we have given up big returns this year.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

I'd much rather have a dropped interception than the majority of other things that can happen on a given play.

"brnt247" wrote:

I'd much rather see a defense that leaves craters on the field slamming guys into the turf than a defense that is constantly out of position as it lamely attempts to arm tackle guys and gets dragged 5-10 yards downfield while it tries to strip the ball instead of just ending the play.

Fuck interceptions, fuck glitz, fuck showmanship. Take care of the fundamentals and the interceptions will come.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Other than that, the safety play for the Packers has been spotty at best this year. Taking poor angles to make tackles, being out of position, etc.

"macbob" wrote:

That's mainly Aaron Rouse. He always seems to find a way to take bad angles. He just needs some practice.
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

That's mainly Aaron Rouse. He always seems to find a way to take bad angles. He just needs some practice.

"macbob" wrote:

He's the #1 backup behind Bigby. He's been on the team two years. How many practices does KS need to teach him how to take a good angle? It's the coach's job to prepare his guys.

The #1 (and #2, #3) backup behind Woodson and Harris seem to be better prepared to step in if a starter goes down than the safeties. I'd like to see Lionel Washington responsible for all of the defensive secondary, not just the cornerbacks and nickelbacks.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

"macbob" wrote:

"go.pack.go." wrote:

He's the #1 backup behind Bigby. He's been on the team two years. How many practices does KS need to teach him how to take a good angle? It's the coach's job to prepare his guys.

The #1 (and #2, #3) backup behind Woodson and Harris seem to be better prepared to step in if a starter goes down than the safeties. I'd like to see Lionel Washington responsible for all of the defensive secondary, not just the cornerbacks and nickelbacks.

"macbob" wrote:

Yeah, I guess you're right about the practice. He'll get better at it though...I hope.
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"macbob" wrote:

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Yeah, I guess you're right about the practice. He'll get better at it though...I hope.

"macbob" wrote:

I like Collins/Bigby/Rouse, I just think they're underachieving compared to the cornerbacks.
UserPostedImage
millertime
15 years ago

It wasn't Bush's fault that the ball bounced off him. It was bad luck. It happens once in awhile on punts, especially in bad weather games.

As for Stock, I don't know if this nonsense is mostly his fault, or if the players are just bad. It's very disappointing, because Thompson is supposedly more interested in building special teams talent than Mike Sherman was, yet we have slipped back to Sherman quality with our special teams.

"Greg C." wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe this has happened to bush before.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (7h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (22h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (22h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (23h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (23h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
41m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.