dhazer
15 years ago

People saying we might have been stuck with another qb where the hell was rodgers going his contract was going thru 2009 so please explain to me where the hell was he going to go?

"brnt247" wrote:

David, grow up. The quarterback of whom you are speaking by implication has lost 3 of the past 4 games and tossed 6 INTs against 1 TD. What makes you think he would have given this team a better chance to win than Rodgers? That same quarterback admitted in a presser after the season was over that the Packers might go 13-3 again in 2008 -- or they might just as easily go 3-13. Like all the rest of us, he looked at the schedule for this year and knew it wouldn't be as easy.

I do not believe the Packers would have finished this season with a winning record with him at the helm, and even if they had, I doubt they would have gone to the playoffs. We've had a bad year. It happens to every team. The Packers WILL be better next year. And as disappointing as this season has been, the benefit is that Rodgers has been baptized in fire and will come out of this season tougher and ready to lead this team through adversity. That wouldn't have happened had he been forced to ride the pine for another season.

"dhazer" wrote:

Non all im saying is im so damn tired of hearing we might have lost Rodgers, He was under contract thru 2009 so it wasnt like he was going anywhere thats all i mean about it.

Plus to you people that say i bash this team or whatever i am just being realistic about things, I get bashed because i say we don't have the best 5 wrs in the league, i gave names that show we arent but yet i'm a basher for it. Like i said i'm a die hard Packer fan but i don't run around with blinders on. I try and make a positive post about our defense and i get told im wrong so i guess i will never agree with such shallow minded posters that keep trying to bash me.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Quarterback #1 retires.
Quarterback #2 has been in the league for 3 years which is more than enough time behind a quarterback to learn the league.
You tell Quarterback #2 he's got the job for good, and you tell the media he's got the job for good.
You go into camp with Quarterback #2 ready to start and get in sync with the offense.
Quarterback #1 decides he wants to come back and play again.
Front office tells Quarterback #2 that he won't start anymore because Quarterback #1 decided he has an itch to play again.
Quarterback #2 is left with a bad taste in his mouth and only has one more year left on his contract and will likely use it to showcase his talents to the other 31 teams along with the Packers.

If you don't see how we could have lost Rodgers from this whole ordeal then you're nuts.

"dhazer" wrote:

I give up on this all i said is he wasn't going anywhere, but yet your saying Rodgers don't give 2 shits about the packers because they would have changed their mind for one year, But hey you did make my opinion of him correct he is all about the money thanks :thumbright:

I'm even giving you a +1 for that lol

I give facts and you give opinions unless you know Rodgers personally and he told you he would have left the Packers after his contract was up.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
brnt247
15 years ago

People saying we might have been stuck with another qb where the hell was rodgers going his contract was going thru 2009 so please explain to me where the hell was he going to go?

"dhazer" wrote:

David, grow up. The quarterback of whom you are speaking by implication has lost 3 of the past 4 games and tossed 6 INTs against 1 TD. What makes you think he would have given this team a better chance to win than Rodgers? That same quarterback admitted in a presser after the season was over that the Packers might go 13-3 again in 2008 -- or they might just as easily go 3-13. Like all the rest of us, he looked at the schedule for this year and knew it wouldn't be as easy.

I do not believe the Packers would have finished this season with a winning record with him at the helm, and even if they had, I doubt they would have gone to the playoffs. We've had a bad year. It happens to every team. The Packers WILL be better next year. And as disappointing as this season has been, the benefit is that Rodgers has been baptized in fire and will come out of this season tougher and ready to lead this team through adversity. That wouldn't have happened had he been forced to ride the pine for another season.

"brnt247" wrote:

Non all im saying is im so damn tired of hearing we might have lost Rodgers, He was under contract thru 2009 so it wasnt like he was going anywhere thats all i mean about it.

Plus to you people that say i bash this team or whatever i am just being realistic about things, I get bashed because i say we don't have the best 5 wrs in the league, i gave names that show we arent but yet i'm a basher for it. Like i said i'm a die hard Packer fan but i don't run around with blinders on. I try and make a positive post about our defense and i get told im wrong so i guess i will never agree with such shallow minded posters that keep trying to bash me.

"dhazer" wrote:

Quarterback #1 retires.
Quarterback #2 has been in the league for 3 years which is more than enough time behind a quarterback to learn the league.
You tell Quarterback #2 he's got the job for good, and you tell the media he's got the job for good.
You go into camp with Quarterback #2 ready to start and get in sync with the offense.
Quarterback #1 decides he wants to come back and play again.
Front office tells Quarterback #2 that he won't start anymore because Quarterback #1 decided he has an itch to play again.
Quarterback #2 is left with a bad taste in his mouth and only has one more year left on his contract and will likely use it to showcase his talents to the other 31 teams along with the Packers.

If you don't see how we could have lost Rodgers from this whole ordeal then you're nuts.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I give up on this all i said is he wasn't going anywhere, but yet your saying Rodgers don't give 2 shits about the packers because they would have changed their mind for one year, But hey you did make my opinion of him correct he is all about the money thanks :thumbright:

I'm even giving you a +1 for that lol

I give facts and you give opinions unless you know Rodgers personally and he told you he would have left the Packers after his contract was up.

"dhazer" wrote:

How difficult is this to comprehend? Here's another easy example maybe a bit more down to Earth. At your job the man right above you is retiring and your boss says you're going to get promoted. You take the promotion and get ready to deal with the team below you to fully prepare yourself for all the tasks and responsibilities necessary. The man who retired comes back and tells the boss he wants his job back so now you have to go back to doing what you did before which has less responsibility and less money. I for one would be furious with company and probably start looking for a new job, at least one with more integrity and ethics.

You act as if athletes aren't humans and don't care about money. Do you care about money? I sure do.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

His inability to infuse the defense with enough talent has resulted in a major breakdown this season, and his attempts to improve the offensive line have come up short.

I think our D is fine in the LB, S, and CB positions. It's the DL that's the problem and the DL not doing their job wears down our LBs, making our LBs look worse than they really are. Our LBs really aren't that bad. You just can't expect LBs to take a beating like that and look spectacular for 60 minutes in the NFL.

And our OL is horrible.

However, Thompson has upgraded the receiving corps, turned the secondary from a weakness to strength and put the long-term future of the quarterback position in good hands.

OK. Completely agreed on the WR. I love our WRs. Point 2 - our secondary is a strength. They're getting burned sometimes because they're on the field all day long. If the DL can't generate pressure, a WR will eventually get open. You cannot expect DBs to cover WRs for six seconds all day long.

Point 3 - Kudos for Aaron Rodgers. He's awesome. But Brohm and Flynn? Remains to be seen. They're both huge question marks.

I wouldn't throw Ted Thompson under the bus just yet but if we have one more bad year, he should be on the hot seat. He's done wonders in some areas but stunk up both lines. I loved him last year and loathed him this year. I'm hoping next year, he does something about the lines. If he fails next year...
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

You're absolutely right, of course. I think most people assume that Rodgers would have petulantly refused to sign another contract after the 2009 season had he been forced to ride the pine another year. This is, of course, complete speculation -- and quite unfair to Rodgers, in my opinion. He's never expressed the least dissatisfaction with the situation; he has handled everything with the utmost class and grace.

That being said, I'm glad he got to start this year, and I firmly believe he will be the class of the NFC, possibly of the NFL, next year.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

You all make me smile.

We may have the best "set of 5 wr's" in the game, the problem was they were not all healthy at once most of the year, when they all could get on the field at the same time, they never were!!!!

Whatever happened to THE BIG 5?

Why wasn't it used this year?

Lord knows that the running game has been subpar most of the year.

I hate to go back to 2007, but the run game was non-existant the first 7 weeks of the season, but with THE BIG 5, The Packers went 6-1.

We can have the best set of whatever position, choose one, if the game plan doesn't utilize these players it does no good to have them on the roster.

No punter for 13 weeks, special teams diluted by player selection(where are you Tracy White!!!!).

Poor game planning, poor player preperation, poor coaching.

Fix the upper management problems, the coaching problems, then worry about the guys that actually play the game.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
IronMan
15 years ago

No punter for 13 weeks

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

That still pisses me off. Absolutely no excuse to have him on the roster for 13 weeks.
Pack93z
15 years ago

Fix the upper management problems, the coaching problems, then worry about the guys that actually play the game.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I look at the talent on this team and there is no way we should be 5-9 at this point in this season.. debate the reasons why we are not better all you want..

But we have talent, there is no doubt.. maybe question that talent along the Oline.. but this dline was pretty good in 07'...

If you want to grill someone this season.. IMO, look no further that some of the positional coaches and coaching in general.. after three seasons we collectively make far to many silly ass mistakes to win more than we have this season..

Could we use a player or two in free agency to help bolster both lines.. yep, the weakest link in Ted's tenure has been filling the guard spots on offense and this season under valuing depth along the dline.. he is human and has made some mistakes..

This should be an interesting offseason.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
15 years ago

No punter for 13 weeks

"IronMan" wrote:

That still pisses me off. Absolutely no excuse to have him on the roster for 13 weeks.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Agreed.. held a little too tight to the pride on that one.. it was a mistake and that was clear early.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (45m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.