longtimefan
15 years ago

Actually, Rodgers and the Packers offense have scored many times on their last drive and they have took the lead (Panthers, Texans etc.), but the defense has crumbled on the last minute and so left Rodgers with 0:02 on the clock to win the game. Rodgers does have that last minute drive in him, but the defense can't hold on after that drive. That is why we have lost those close games. If you look at the endings of those games, you will realize this is the truth and can no longer use the "Rodgers isn't clutch"-argument.

"dhazer" wrote:

Fin i did the research and we had the ball alot in the final 5 minutes of the game if you look in the rodgers latest thread i gave his stats. Rodgers has thrown passes in 11 of the 13 games so far in the final 5 minutes. So please read before you try telling me something that is false. And Rodgers threw a pick with 1:20 left on the clock against Carolina.

Sorry they moved the stats part lol here they are

Totals 51 Attempts 28 comps 376 Yards 1 TDS 3 INTS

thats his stats for the final 5 minutes os all the games this year so he had plenty of chances.

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

You should double check your stats.

"dhazer" wrote:

The stats are done from the drive logs on NFL.com and done on an excel file so if you want the game by game stats let me know i will show them to you. Btw i don't know where the thread went but i was fair and compared Brett as a qb last year with the same corp of wrs minus Robinson and same RBS and TES. I will admit this shocked the hell out of me but he only threw one pick and it was a hail mary against Chicago in the 1st game. But here are his final 5 minute stats of all the games

29 Attempts 21 Compeletions 380 Yards 4 TDS 1 INTS

NON you asked for them so i just finished them like i said i have them done on excel by each game.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

to make it interesting I just used final 5 mins of games that were close, as in tied or they were behind..Cuz isnt it all about finishing a game?

final 5 mins of philly game last year

Gb starts with 508

1st series Brett 0-1 and a punt

2nd series starts 2:32

1-2 and a punt

3rd series starts with 59 secs

no attempts AT ALL Fg is good Packers win

So 1-3 and Brett did nothing to help them win this game
~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Chargers

Starts with 238 left

1-1 and a TD ( jennings long td)

So far 2 games 2-4 and a td

Brett and Jennings hook for amazing pass and catch play
~~

Bears

Packers get ball with 2:05

5-8 and a int

So far 3 games

Does nothing to help them come back for a win

Final # for the 3 games

6-12, a Td and an int

Who cares about yardage its all garbage time right?
porky88
15 years ago

I don't understand why Rodgers would be questioned. .

"dhpackr" wrote:

it is real simple. Every team that faces the Packers has to do one thing on Defense.
STOP THE RUNNING GAME. once that is achieved, teams know there is no way rodgers can bring this team from behind for a win.

it is ridiculous to compare brett to rodgers. from the first second brett took the field to his last throw in the NFC Championship, you felt as a fan, you had a chance.

with rodgers, the feeling is the complete opposite.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers has been more than acceptable as a QB. He'll probably be an alternate for the Pro Bowl. Numbers wise he should go.

Is he Brett Favre? Nope, but the people expecting him to be Brett Favre were just putting those unrealistic expectations on the table just so they can complain about it when Rodgers doesn't end up being Brett Favre.

Teams don't stop the running game. The Packers don't run enough for teams to actually stop the running game. Teams control the clock by running the ball on the Packers.

I will say this. I agree with you on Favre, but I don't feel the Packers can't win with Rodgers. I think they can.

However at the end of the game when Rodgers has to march the Packers down the field, I really don't think he can do it. I haven't seen it and until I do, I'm going to be expecting that game ending INT. We saw it against Atlanta, Carolina, and Jacksonville.

With Favre, I always felt GB had a chance and really more so as he reached his prime though.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

NON you asked for them so i just finished them like i said i have them done on excel by each game.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hey, I appreciate you compiling these statistics. They look fairly impressive, I grant you that, but they fail to answer the important question: In how many of these drives were the Packers tied or behind? Remember, the Packers won several games by double-digit figures last year.

It turns out, as longtimefan discovered, that there were in fact only three such games. More to the point, in only one of these games did Favre make a substantive impact on the final score in those waning minutes (tossing a long bomb to Jennings in the Chargers game). This means that the other 3 TDs he piled up in garbage time.

In the interest of fairness, longtimefan did leave out the 82-yard bomb to Jennings against Denver, but that was in sudden-death overtime, so it's another situation.

The fact remains: in the waning minutes of close games last season, Favre was anything but spectacular. In the majority of games, he was playing from substantial leads by that time (remember, the Packers had something like a +126 scoring differential last year). It's not realistic to expect Rodgers to pull squeakers out of his ass in the last 2:00 game after game.

So please lay off the kid.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Hey, I appreciate you compiling these statistics. They look fairly impressive, I grant you that, but they fail to answer the important question: In how many of these drives were the Packers tied or behind? Remember, the Packers won several games by double-digit figures last year.

It turns out, as longtimefan discovered, that there were in fact only three such games. More to the point, in only one of these games did Favre make a substantive impact on the final score in those waning minutes (tossing a long bomb to Jennings in the Chargers game). This means that the other 3 TDs he piled up in garbage time.

In the interest of fairness, longtimefan did leave out the 82-yard bomb to Jennings against Denver, but that was in sudden-death overtime, so it's another situation.

The fact remains: in the waning minutes of close games last season, Favre was anything but spectacular. In the majority of games, he was playing from substantial leads by that time (remember, the Packers had something like a +126 scoring differential last year). It's not realistic to expect Rodgers to pull squeakers out of his ass in the last 2:00 game after game.

So please lay off the kid.

"dhazer" wrote:

Along with Denver forgot Minnesota game where he broke Td record

1:55 to go Packers up by 7

No attempts but Brett fumbles

~~~~~~

Denver game

Packers got ball with 815 left in 4th when they were up only by 3..Starting on their own 3..

Brett went 3-4 for 47 yards but had to punt it away

Never got ball again in regulation

As well know one pass 82 yards and td in ot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KC

GB with ball 5:!8 left, down by 6

Went 4 for 4 with that big bomb to Jennings for a td up by 1

Got ball back with 159 left

No pass plays at all, 4 running plays with Jackson, kick Fg for a 4 point lead

Never got ball again

Final # for the 6 games

14-21, 3 tds, int and a fumble
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I don't know why everyone is harping on the fourth-quarter-comeback issue to begin with. Last year Favre hardly had to lead any fourth-quarter comebacks, because the Packers were a good team. This year Rodgers constantly finds himself having to run 2:00 drills. All that means is the team is mediocre to bad. You don't want your team to have to pull out last-minute victories game after game, because all that means is the team is bad.

We should be rooting for the Packers to be putting these games away in the first three quarters, rather than ragging on Rodgers for not pulling a magical turd from his ass every game.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
15 years ago

I don't know why everyone is harping on the fourth-quarter-comeback issue to begin with. Last year Favre hardly had to lead any fourth-quarter comebacks, because the Packers were a good team. This year Rodgers constantly finds himself having to run 2:00 drills. All that means is the team is mediocre to bad. You don't want your team to have to pull out last-minute victories game after game, because all that means is the team is bad.

We should be rooting for the Packers to be putting these games away in the first three quarters, rather than ragging on Rodgers for not pulling a magical turd from his ass every game.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Amen to that.

Rodgers was leading a great drive against Houston down the five to put that game away when the ref somehow made the mystery holding call against Moll. Now you can look at all the play-by-play crap you want to but the guy did his job there as is pointed out above.

I know of at least three games now where Rodgers led the Pack to score only to be given the ball on the 15 yard line with one time out and about a 1:30 on the clock. Gimme a break.
"The train is leaving the station."
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Or worse, no timeouts.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.