packerstc
15 years ago
I really want to like Jeremichael Finley...but he makes too many bone-head mistakes! Both he and Justin Harrell need to stay in Green Bay this offseason! No breaks for them! I think with a full offseason workout, Finley can become a beast!!

BUT THE REASON WE LOST THIS GAME IS DUE TO THE DEFENSE!! Our secondary is ok/average, but we get ABSOLUTELY no rush from our line. Aaron Kampman is the only one worth blocking as Montgomery and Thompson get washed up field on every play! We can't count on the D-Line to collapse the pocket either so even the worst of Quarterbacks have time to pick and choose their throws and dump it off. I think we need to draft a hybrid Linebacker/linemen in the mold of Demarcus Ware. The defensive line, the Linebackers, and our safeties need upgrades immediately. On offense, we need better O linemen. Tony Moll got destroyed twice, and costs us points! Finally, we need a new Defensive coordinator, linebacker coach, offensive coordinator, SPECIAL TEAMS COACH...OMG!! and a new offensive line coach. We have tons of work to do!
Let\'s Go Packers!
Cheesey
15 years ago

Regardless of Rogers numbers and rating he simply has failed to make a 4th quarter comeback. After today we'll be 0-6 on games decided by 4 points or less. Until he can overcome that we're screwed.

"gotarace" wrote:

This team leads the league in 4th-quarter scoring. It shouldn't be on Rodgers to win every game.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

No to be devils advocate here but i would like to see him win one game for us. Not every game.

"TexasPackerFan" wrote:

We HAVE won 5 games this year. It's not as if we are 0-13.
He got us the lead with 5 minutes left, and again (deja-vue) our defense can't stop even BAD teams from just walking it down the field.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Defense keeps folding, although it would've been nice to see Rodgers make one late late comeback.

I was surprised to see we led the league in 4th quarter scoring coming into this game.
UserPostedImage
TOPackerFan
15 years ago

I don't want to win any more games. Any more wins just hurt our draft position, of course if we get a top 5 pick, Ted Thompson will trade it for two bags of footballs and an equipment manager.

"brnt247" wrote:

Oh yeh, because that's what he did last time we had a top 5 pick right? Honestly, one of the more ridiculous posts I've ever read.

"TOPackerFan" wrote:

I was joking skippy, although Ted Thompson might have been better to get two bags of footballs and an equipment manager instead of AJ Hawk.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
Cheesey
15 years ago

Defense keeps folding, although it would've been nice to see Rodgers make one late late comeback.

I was surprised to see we led the league in 4th quarter scoring coming into this game.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Thats a telling stat. That shows that our offense IS scoring. It also shows how bad our D really is. All that scoring, and yet we can't win a game.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
And to the people who are saying that it's a good thing Jeff Fisher wasn't fired after two bad seasons, I've been saying the same thing. I've also pointed out Bill Cowher, who had one (1) Superbowl victory in 15 years. You don't get a trip to the big dance every year. The game is played on the field, not on the coaches' play sheets.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
All you people keep forgetting the fact that our offense scored 13 unanswered points. We had a lead late.

It still pisses me off that whenever we're behind, we try to throw deep, though. Everyone knows exactly what's going to happen.

Unless we're pinned deep inside our own 10. Then we toss it to Grant -- up the middle for a loss.
UserPostedImage
twebdonny
15 years ago

And to the people who are saying that it's a good thing Jeff Fisher wasn't fired after two bad seasons, I've been saying the same thing. I've also pointed out Bill Cowher, who had one (1) Superbowl victory in 15 years. You don't get a trip to the big dance every year. The game is played on the field, not on the coaches' play sheets.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Come on, seriously...has this team "appeared" ready to play a full game this year??? Cowher always had his team ready to play hard, and when they didn't they felt his wrath.
www.travel-ascending.com
TexasPackerFan
15 years ago

Regardless of Rogers numbers and rating he simply has failed to make a 4th quarter comeback. After today we'll be 0-6 on games decided by 4 points or less. Until he can overcome that we're screwed.

"brnt247" wrote:

I'm sorry....but thats rediculous. He gave us the lead with 5 minutes left, and ONCE AGAIN our defense can't stop ANYONE when the games on the line. Plus, as was already stated, Grant dropped a pass that probably would have given us a bigger lead. (Which of course our defense would have lost to anyway)

What i DO have a problem with is the damn play calling. It SUCKED.
Mike McCarthy needs to get someone to call the plays, and a NEW d-coordinator.
Otherwise we will never get any better then we are now.

"TexasPackerFan" wrote:

I'm not saying he's the one to blame or else I would have said HES 0-6. I say "we're" probably should have said the Packers are 0-6. We have problems on both sides of the ball. Our D can't make a stop to save their lives.

When we need Rodgers under 2 mins to make something happen he seems to crumble. Our D is allowing way to many points to be scored but he's gotta be able to make a comeback when we need him to. He's still green and I didn't expect him to take us to the SB this year. However sooner rather than later he's got to be able to get us in the endzone under 2mins.

Our D shouldn't be allowing us to be in this situation week end and week out. I'm not blaming any SINGLE person like I said he's gotta flip that switch and be able to take this team on his shoulders and get the W under 2 mins.

"Rios39" wrote:

But we have come back, But then points come directly after for the other team. Last year we win this game.

And what happens if Grant actually catches that sure TD pass? Rodgers can do a lot of things but he can't pass/run block and catch the ball as well.

"TexasPackerFan" wrote:

Like I said problems on both sides of the ball I'm NOT putting all the blame on Rodgers. This isn't last years team.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm pretty sure that when you say "Rodgers is 0-6 in games decided by 4 points or less," you are putting the blame on Rodgers.

"TexasPackerFan" wrote:

Nice misquote there let me help you out with your reading.

After today we'll be 0-6 on games decided by 4 points or less.

blank
TOPackerFan
15 years ago

"twebdonny" wrote:

Come on, seriously...has this team "appeared" ready to play a full game this year??? Cowher always had his team ready to play hard, and when they didn't they felt his wrath.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That's a good point. If we were getting blown out but at least playing hard, I'd say it wasn't coaching, but we're in every game, we just do stupid things that cause us to lose, which suggests a coaching issue to me, be it the HC, DC, OC or someone else (Mike Stock sucks too).
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince