Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 4:30:54 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 215

I just want a pass rush. Our problems on defense start and end there. When you look at the dropoff in the number of sacks and pressures from just last year it clearly states where our struggles come from.

As far as whole scale changes I don't see it. With Jenkins and Barnett back we need a right defensive end that is kick butt. Period.

I would say the biggest bang you will see is maybe Sanders gone and someone with a more aggressive approach brought in that has a blitz scheme that actually works.

Personnel wise? We get Jenkins back getting pressure from the middle and a RDE that gets after it and that makes a WORLD of difference in what we see going on out there.

I think the problem with our LB's is they are asked to do to much. This defense has always asked more from the LB's than anybody else. I would rather have a defense that let's them go hit people more and think less.

I believe that would make a monster out of AJ.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline bozz_2006  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 5:27:36 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

yeah AJ is a monster. it's been said before; he is
UserPostedImage
let him do his thing and he's unstoppable. try to get him to process the situation, and it's like a cow staring at a new fence.
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 5:38:43 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 366

My wish list which expands all the way to the draft.

1. I would fire Bob Sanders this week and promote Winston Moss to defensive coordinator. I would allow him to run the defense for the rest of the year and see how well they respond.

2. I would IR any players that are injured and just worn down. Players I'd consider are Chad Clifton, A.J. Hawk, and Atari Bigby. Mark Tauscher obviously as well. They need time to rest.

3. I would move Daryn Colledge to left tackle the rest of the season and see what he has there. I would move Spitz to LG and start Josh Sitton at RG. Tony Moll would be my RT.

4. I would split carries between Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson.

5. I wouldn't resign Mark Tauscher. Wish him luck, but it's time to move on. I would release Chad Clifton.

6. I would be bold in free agency. I would go after an Albert Haynesworth or attempt to trade for Julius Peppers. I would go after a tackle like Jordan Gross and I would go after a guard. In total I would go after offensive and defensive lineman. I believe at least one big name defensive lineman and two offensive lineman. One needs to be a tackle and the other a guard.

- Alright so hypothically let's say we got Hayneworth

7. I would release Ryan Pickett and Johnny Jolly. Pickett isn't worth keeping as a backup at his price. Jolley will be suspended probably after his court hearings. We need to send a message. A Bill Parcells like message.

Hypothetically if we got Julius Peppers in a trade from Carolina and yes Carolina is rumored to want to shop him around this off season.

I would still release Jolly, but I'd keep Ryan Pickett. I wouldn't resign Michael Montgomery.

8. I would resign Colin Cole to be my No. 2 DT and I would resign Tramon Williams. I wouldn't resign Michael Montgomery unless we didn't get a DE in free agency.

9. I would extend Greg Jennings and Nick Collins contracts.

10. I would trade a 2nd round draft pick to get either a pass rusher or Tony G possibly.

11. I would use my first round pick on the best pass rush available if unsuccessful at getting a trade done for a pass rusher. I like Michael Johnson. I also think Tyson Jackson is a must pick if he's on the board when the Packers select. If we traded a 2nd for a good pass rushing DE, then I would draft an offensive lineman with my first round pick.

12. I would still draft an offensive lineman with my 2nd round pick assuming the Jets make the playoffs. If GB doesn't go offensive line in round 1, then I'd attempt to move up to early round 2 or late round 1 to select the best offensive tackle on the board. I would make sure I get one of the 1st or early 2nd round graded tackles. They'll be enough.

In the perfect world the team would have Cullen Jenkins, Colin Cole, Albert Haynesworth, and Aaron Kampman on the defensive line. With a pass rusher such as Michael Johnson of Georgia Tech coming off the bench.

The offensive line would see only Scott Wells returning as the Center and Jason Spitz at one of the guards.

Basically my wish list to Santa Ted is quite the size, but I think it needs to done and Ted has the money to spoil Packer fans.
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 5:39:20 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,043

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
and it's like a cow staring at a new fence.

Big difference.. it only takes the cow one time to learn about that fence... a little shock treatment cures that right quick.. :lol:

I know I have been picking on him, but damn he stood there like a deer in the headlights to read the play.. then being a little slow of foot.. work like hell to recover...

Again.. Winston Moss isn't developing talent..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 5:54:33 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Ted has the money to spoil Packer fans.

But then we'd expect it every year!

seriously, great list though. I like it. I like you. You're a good football mind. I appreciate what you bring to the board and you make me much more football smart.
+1
UserPostedImage
Online IronMan  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 5:57:34 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 69

seriously, great list though. I like it. I like you. You're a good football mind. I appreciate what you bring to the board and you make me much more football smart.
+1
Offline Packnic  
#22 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 6:17:27 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

+1

that is a pretty good list. I think it might be a bit much but i like it mostly.

I was thinking about starting a thread called "hows this for a plan" and pretty much do exactly what Porky just did.

I got to looking at the salary cap numbers and that got me thinking. If we do what we all think we should do and release both Chad and Mark... that would mean the top 3 paid players on the team would be gone (Clifton, Tausch, KGB) freeing up almost 20 million in cap to go with what we already have. (which is around like 7 million right now I think)

so we will have some serious cash laying around if we do.
blank
Offline Yerko  
#23 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 6:23:19 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 238

My list is small and short term...

Please start Brandon Jackson at running back. Give the kid the ball and let him run.
UserPostedImage
Offline go.pack.go.  
#24 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 8:33:31 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

Please start Brandon Jackson at running back. Give the kid the ball and let him run.

How do you say that after Grant has a pretty good game? Over 100 yards and a TD...
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
Offline Packnic  
#25 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:58:42 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

How do you say that after Grant has a pretty good game? Over 100 yards and a TD...

because hes slow, tenative and relatively ineffective despite the numbers.

what good is a hundred and a touch when you lose the game? He isn't pacing the team like he was last year. I thought the Oline played pretty well as far as run games go and I thought Ryan Grant should have had more yards than he ended up getting. Last year he would have taken the holes he is getting and delivered punishment. this year I dont know if hes thinking too much, or injured, or just let the money go to his head... but he isnt half the back he was last year.

when BJack is in the game... he is fighting for yards and busting long runs. and generally hes more of a threat... which allows Aaron to operate more efficiently as well.
blank
Online dfosterf  
#26 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 10:48:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 179
Applause Received: 400

Porky's list is extremely satisfying, but I gotta think some of those moves through a little bit. I AM going to do that, and it was an excellent post. In the meantime, I think if I HAD to have some immediate satisfaction, I would start firing some other staff, maybe so the players don't get paychecks, etc. Here is the link, including coaches, personnel folk, ticket staff, etc. This will help for easy reference when making sh*t-can lists.

For example, I want to fire Chris Kirby, Assistant Video Director.
Merry Christmas Chris, you are fired, b*tch...hit the bricks. We are losing and YOU, Motherf###er are the first on my list to GO--- Assist your ass on outta here! (See, this does work to help alleviate some of the frustrations...it would be FUN to walk into some of these folks offices and blame them for our woes) Give it a try, here's the list:

Link:

Team Staff

This IS fun! :thumbleft:

This post is in jest, but the link IS excellent to read bio's etc. of coaches and staff... for example, maybe someone that got PROmoted from one position should be DEmoted when the subordinate FAILED in his job. You can see that type of thing there.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dhazer  
#27 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:15:02 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

damn you're fast 93... got all the info and links and bam you got it posted already.

as far as firing Sanders... it never really seemed like the guy was picked for the job anyway... just kind of given the reigns because he worked with a very good DC in Bates. I don't think that warrants a job necessarily and when your D has regressed as badly as this one (injuries and all) I don't really see why we would keep him.

my wishlist is that Thompson knew this would be a tough restructuring year all along and was planning on this upcoming offseason being the one that he really puts his stamp on.

what good is a hundred and a touch when you lose the game? He isn't pacing the team

Geesh kinda sounds like a few players on this team but you warrant those.

What good is a good passer rating if we lose the game?

Im not picking on a certain player but why the double standard? Thats why i posted this.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline bozz_2006  
#28 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:41:55 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Porky's list is extremely satisfying, but I gotta think some of those moves through a little bit. I AM going to do that, and it was an excellent post. In the meantime, I think if I HAD to have some immediate satisfaction, I would start firing some other staff, maybe so the players don't get paychecks, etc. Here is the link, including coaches, personnel folk, ticket staff, etc. This will help for easy reference when making sh*t-can lists.

For example, I want to fire Chris Kirby, Assistant Video Director.
Merry Christmas Chris, you are fired, b*tch...hit the bricks. We are losing and YOU, Motherf###er are the first on my list to GO--- Assist your ass on outta here! (See, this does work to help alleviate some of the frustrations...it would be FUN to walk into some of these folks offices and blame them for our woes) Give it a try, here's the list:

Link:

Team Staff

This IS fun! :thumbleft:

This post is in jest, but the link IS excellent to read bio's etc. of coaches and staff... for example, maybe someone that got PROmoted from one position should be DEmoted when the subordinate FAILED in his job. You can see that type of thing there.

hahaha. Hey Chris Kirby, don't leave quite yet... Duke Bobber, Public Relations/Internet Intern has a bunch of sh*t to carry out as he walks a few blocks down the road to see if K-Mart has any use for a freshly fired Public Relations/Internet Intern.
UserPostedImage
Offline dannychau22  
#29 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:59:25 PM(UTC)
dannychau22

fire sanders and bring in nolan!
blank
Offline macbob  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:42:41 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 288
Applause Received: 237

I just want a win over the Lions. Please, for the love of GOD do not lose to the Lions.

And the Bears...
UserPostedImage