wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

Good thread Krazy!
At this point i'm kind of glad the "playoffs" are done for us. We'd only get creamed in the 1st round anyways.
As it's going.........we should have an easier schedule next year. And if they can fix our awful D, we could be set up for a REAL run.

What I don't understand is those that gripe about Rodgers being inconsistant. It's his FIRST starting year!
Yes, i get mad when he throws a bad pass, but i try to remember it's his first season starting, and he's thrown I believe 22 TD's and only 11 Ints.

If anyone wants to point fingers at why we lost yesterday. i can give you 549 reasons. Thats the yards they gained against our awful defense.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Without the turnovers Houston would have had 600 yards.
UserPostedImage
Rios39
15 years ago

Oh and rodgers, great season, but really under 2 min does he just go dumb? His decisions are horrible and it seems like they are throws where he is just giving up too.

"JenningsSaveMe" wrote:

What did Rodgers do at the end of this game that was so bad? I believe it was a referee, not Rodgers, who called that bogus holding penalty on Moll, and I believe it was the O-line who allowed the jailbreak that led to a sack before Rodgers even had time to look downfield. He's made some mistakes at the ends of games, but I don't see any way to hang this one on him.

"Greg C." wrote:

I was more so pointing out the dumb passes he throws when he has a chance to drive them down especially when he plays such a great game and then just makes careless throws when they really need him to be the leader. The falcons game was one and last week in carolina, he just threw it away for a jump ball with plenty of time to drive. He is just inconsistent when it counts and you would expect so much better based upon the game he has been playing.

"JenningsSaveMe" wrote:

Well the pick in the game against Carolina came from Driver waiving his hand, he was behind the defense. Rogers just didn't put enough on it, picked off. End of story.

The pick yesterday was just a good defensive play. And this whole "he's had a chance to drive us down and tie, but he can't do it" Umm no he can't do it maybe the forth time, But how many times does he actually have to come from behind to take the lead. I mean he already did that those games but each and every time the D gave it right back. Eventually he's not going to score and maybe force a pick. But it's not because he hasn't put us in positions to win.

Favre had games last year where he'd throw 3 picks maybe 1 TD or 0 but we'd win anyways. That kind of leeway isn't possible this year, no matter who is QB. If we score 17 points, we are losing, no question.

So ya Rogers wouldn't have to do it at the end of the game if it wasn't for our defense giving up TD every drive and allowing 600 yards. You can't win that way, end of story and the fact is we have one of the best QB and WR crew right now in the league, and stats back that. But we have one of the worst Defenses in the league, and the stats back that as well, unfortunately.
blank
macbob
15 years ago

I want to say that YES the playoffs for our team is finished. Probably not mathematically but looking at it as a fan perspective it's sure as hell finished.

"krazygangsta" wrote:

We've got the Vikings right where we want them...losing the last three games of the season to have the Packers snatch the division title from them would demoralize the Vikings fans for years...

You don't think the Vikings can lose out the season to Arizona, Atlanta, and the Giants (combined record 27-12) after barely beating the Lions? The Vikings late season record lately isn't exactly awe-inspiring: 2004 1-4, 2006 0-3, 2007 0-2. The Vikings will be stuck with either an injured Ferrotte (sore lower back) or TJ at quarterback. And don't forget, it IS Brad Childress, after all. The Cowboys probably thought the Steelers couldn't come back from 10 down in Sunday's game, either...

And all we need if for the Bears to lose to New Orleans or Houston--we only need one other loss for them after we sweep out to end the season.

GO PACK!!!
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
So we slither into the playoffs at 8-8. What's the point? Remember, we haven't strung together a three-game winning streak all season. But we do have two three-game losing streaks.
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago

So we slither into the playoffs at 8-8. What's the point? Remember, we haven't strung together a three-game winning streak all season. But we do have two three-game losing streaks.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

What's the point in demoralizing the Vikings and Bears??? We don't need any other reason than that...
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Heh, good point.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
All I know is that Carolina will win the NFC. They have all the x factors in place.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
shield4life
15 years ago
Carolina won't win the NFC, ... okay ya maybe they will lol
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
IronMan
15 years ago

It takes a few seasons to earn a reputation. Him going numb I have to disagree with. I mean hell, then the guy is running away from people you can look into his eyes and see he's freaking calm as walking his damn dog! It's insane.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I have noticed this as well. He is a cool cat. He has poise.
alldaybaby
15 years ago

I want to say that YES the playoffs for our team is finished. Probably not mathematically but looking at it as a fan perspective it's sure as hell finished.

"macbob" wrote:

We've got the Vikings right where we want them...losing the last three games of the season to have the Packers snatch the division title from them would demoralize the Vikings fans for years...

You don't think the Vikings can lose out the season to Arizona, Atlanta, and the Giants (combined record 27-12) after barely beating the Lions? The Vikings late season record lately isn't exactly awe-inspiring: 2004 1-4, 2006 0-3, 2007 0-2. The Vikings will be stuck with either an injured Ferrotte (sore lower back) or TJ at quarterback. And don't forget, it IS Brad Childress, after all. The Cowboys probably thought the Steelers couldn't come back from 10 down in Sunday's game, either...

And all we need if for the Bears to lose to New Orleans or Houston--we only need one other loss for them after we sweep out to end the season.

GO PACK!!!

"krazygangsta" wrote:

yet another guy that like to play around with numbers to make himself feel better yes they have a combined record of 27-12
but here's the reality

8-5 vs 8-5 on the road
8-5 vs 8-5 at home
8-5 vs 12-2 at home

now for you guys
5-8 (lol) vs 5-8 on the road
5-8 (lol) vs 7-6 on the road
5-8 (lol) vs 0-13 at home

add to that lets look at the last 3 games

vikes 3-0
pack 0-3

still like your chances on the pack winning out and the vikings losing out ?, you'll do well to get to 7-9 imo from here , do yourslef a favor go to church and just pray hard that you don't get beat by the lions , because it wouldn't be a shock to anyone if that happened..........thats how bad you really are
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \"I\'ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\'s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \"