longtimefan
15 years ago

I had to sit here and actually started to laugh. This has to be a nightmare for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. They wanted to have a great year so the offseason circus would be forgotten but with us sucking this year it is all going back to it. All the same arguments are coming back up that was made before the season we have come full circle. What will come this offseason to top last year maybe Ted Thompson releases Driver and Harris to let them find another team wouldn't that be something lol.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

All the arguments in the offseason circus were about Brett Favre. David-- you, better than anyone, know this...you participated. All the rest of it is a continued agenda... and Oh, by the way, you were wrong about the argument, imo. Aaron Rodgers is a fine NFL quarterback, and he's 24. Brett is 39, and that math just cannot change, as much as most of us would like it to, especially those younger viewers that grew up during the Brett Favre emergence era. I understand this, totally. Cripes, I was still thinking Bart Starr should still be playing when I was about 30, also about 18 years too late, but who's counting when it comes to emotional attachment?

"dfosterf" wrote:

as in David the pilot?

"dhazer" wrote:

that would be interesting to say the least..

but I dont think it is...must be his name..
dfosterf
15 years ago

I had to sit here and actually started to laugh. This has to be a nightmare for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. They wanted to have a great year so the offseason circus would be forgotten but with us sucking this year it is all going back to it. All the same arguments are coming back up that was made before the season we have come full circle. What will come this offseason to top last year maybe Ted Thompson releases Driver and Harris to let them find another team wouldn't that be something lol.

"longtimefan" wrote:

All the arguments in the offseason circus were about Brett Favre. David-- you, better than anyone, know this...you participated. All the rest of it is a continued agenda... and Oh, by the way, you were wrong about the argument, imo. Aaron Rodgers is a fine NFL quarterback, and he's 24. Brett is 39, and that math just cannot change, as much as most of us would like it to, especially those younger viewers that grew up during the Brett Favre emergence era. I understand this, totally. Cripes, I was still thinking Bart Starr should still be playing when I was about 30, also about 18 years too late, but who's counting when it comes to emotional attachment?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

as in David the pilot?

"dfosterf" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

Don't even bother trying to figure that one out... almost 50% of this board is a pack of Davids. Lazy parents, I keep sayin'...
bozz_2006
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

"bozz_2006" wrote:

as in David the pilot?

"dfosterf" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

it would explain a lot to me. that's for sure. lol
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

as in David the pilot?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Don't even bother trying to figure that one out... almost 50% of this board is a pack of Davids. Lazy parents, I keep sayin'...

"dhazer" wrote:

my guess DH is using internet provided by a college..

but thats a wild guess
dhazer
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

as in David the pilot?

"longtimefan" wrote:

"bozz_2006" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

but thats a wild guess

"dhazer" wrote:

Why would you say that? As far as my original post goes i was just referring to the divided nation between hating Ted Thompson and those that love him. When we are winning alot of people praise him but now we are sucking we complain (even though i complained all along) But then you have the others that say Rodgers, MM, and Ted Thompson can't do no wrong.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
can't do no wrong. got it. (-) + (-) = +
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

as in David the pilot?

"dfosterf" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

"bozz_2006" wrote:

but thats a wild guess

"dfosterf" wrote:

Why would you say that? As far as my original post goes i was just referring to the divided nation between hating Ted Thompson and those that love him. When we are winning alot of people praise him but now we are sucking we complain (even though i complained all along) But then you have the others that say Rodgers, Mike McCarthy, and Ted Thompson can't do no wrong.

"dhazer" wrote:

no shit...

when we lose people complain and when we win people are happy?

You really said that?

LOL

Ted deserves lot of blame, no help on D line is my main issue with him..and the punter..rest of the stuff, it sucks but I am not going get all wound up over it..cuz i do not think its costing us as much as some people like to think

I firmly believe if this team had the D it did last year, record would be way different..
brnt247
15 years ago
How could you even begin to blame Thompson and McCarthy for this year is beyond me. I understand you all want scapegoats, but just look at the injuries to Jenkins and Barnett as reasons to why we aren't in first. I know those aren't the only factors, but sometimes in a 60 minute game things don't go your ways. McCarthy and Thompson will do their jobs the same way year in and year out, and make good moves the majority of the time. When the team performs badly you try and blame it on them, and if you guys do it too much, it will lead to new people in their positions. The Packers listen to the fans, and nothing worse can happen to this team than getting new people in their positions.
blank
TheEngineer
15 years ago
Lets not lose track of the fact that McCarthy and Thompson brought a 4-12 team to 8-8 and then 14-4, before this year's mediocre 5-7. I am inclined to believe this season is an aberration of what is an otherwise solid football team.

I also do not believe last year's record was a fluke. That team earned the 14-4 record, in the same way this year's team will earn whatever record it ends up with. Saying that last year's record is a fluke is to attribute some of that success to chance or luck. I hate to bring luck in as a variable because that is an easy excuse to make - we were solid last year and we're less so this year, for many reasons which most people are aware of.
blank
IronMan
15 years ago

I also do not believe last year's record was a fluke. That team earned the 14-4 record, in the same way this year's team will earn whatever record it ends up with.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Agreed. I laugh when people say, "we are better than 5-7" or, "we were not as good as our record(13-3) last year.

You are what your record says you are. Its really that simple.

There are no Harris polls or RPI ratings in the NFL. Games are decided on the field.