macbob
15 years ago
Oh, and last year wasn't a fluke. We weren't as good as our record last year (who at the beginning of the year would have said we'd be 13-3? anyone???), and we're not as bad as our record this year. Last year, we won the close games, this year, we're losing them.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
Last year was an excellent year. That was last years team though. This is this years team. A team that has suffered several injuries. A team that is playing different football. A team that is going with a first year starter. You consider that currently the Packers are without Favre, Williams, Jenkins, and Barnett. Not to mention Bigby and Harris have missed time. Rodgers has had a bad shoulder for about half of the year. Grant and Hawk had injuries of their own.

I think this team has a case of bad luck with it's fair share of blend of poor coaching and management this year.

Not to mention the schedule

Teams we've loss to are

Dallas 8-4
Tampa Bay 9-3
Atlanta 8-4
Tennessee 11-1
Minnesota 7-5
New Orleans 6-6
Carolina 9-3

That's brutal.
tromadz
15 years ago
Was THIS year a fuke?

With the ridiculous number of injuries, I'd say yeah. Hell LAST Week we put 19 on the injury report. But thats normal, right? Riiight.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I don't see how any 13-3 season can be a fluke...If you win that many games, it's not just luck. You have to be good.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago

lol. yeah, uh, was that a compliment or an insult?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

About what Turrico said... obviously a compliment... He was fishing for something to say at that point.

That game was amazing. Last season was one to remember forever!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
dingus
15 years ago

Was last Year A Fluke? Yes. And no. As I'm hearing from my contacts in the Fox Valley, an unnamed former QB called so many audibles last year that Mike McCarthy got pissed and pressured him into leaving town and heading east toward some bright lights. That left Mike McCarthy free to call his own plays all of the time and here we are.

The question you should be asking is: Who called the right plays last year?

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Yeah that's it!
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

Was last Year A Fluke? Yes. And no. As I'm hearing from my contacts in the Fox Valley, an unnamed former QB called so many audibles last year that Mike McCarthy got pissed and pressured him into leaving town and heading east toward some bright lights. That left Mike McCarthy free to call his own plays all of the time and here we are.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

LOL

little different than what I heard...

but principle was same..He audibled at the wrong times and wouldnt stop, or couldnt adjust..one such time was his last pass he threw for the Packers
macbob
15 years ago

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Lol on UFQ. I'm feeling better today and have truly moved on.

I was reading an article on the Jets the other day, and the players were talking about the audibles being a factor in their record this year.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
Sorry Oskar....i disagree 100%.
Rodgers has done his job, and has been damn good at it.

You want the REAL reason we are 5-7 this year???

Our defense has ALREADY given up 4 more points then ALL OF LAST SEASON!
Favre wouldn't have done any better with the crappy way our D has played.
If our D played as well as last year, we'd be in alot better shape.
But those that want to blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't WANT to see this REAL reason.
It screws up their whole argument.
UserPostedImage
ChilliMaddensChilli
15 years ago

Sorry Oskar....i disagree 100%.
Rodgers has done his job, and has been damn good at it.

You want the REAL reason we are 5-7 this year???

Our defense has ALREADY given up 4 more points then ALL OF LAST SEASON!
Favre wouldn't have done any better with the crappy way our D has played.
If our D played as well as last year, we'd be in alot better shape.
But those that want to blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't WANT to see this REAL reason.
It screws up their whole argument.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I agree completely. I always get into conversations about Favre since people know I'm a packer fan... and people keep telling me that if we didn't trade Favre we'd be winning more games, but they never convince me. When a back scores 4 TDs against you I don't care who your QB is it's gonna be hard to beat the other team.

Frankly, now that I've seen how our defense has failed to stop the run this year, I'm glad we traded Favre. Even if we did manage to eek into the playoffs you need to be able to run and stop the run to win championships, and another year with Favre would've just delayed Rodgers' progression even more. I hope Favre gets to the Superbowl with the Jets so we can draft a DT or DE with the pick we get from them.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (35m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.