Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Never mind. Not worth explaining.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
On the issue of NFL Officiating, I believe that I may have a good idea. Instead of 2 Challenge Flags per team, provide each team with 3 Challenge Flags. With that, make Defensive and Offensive Pass Interference reviewable. Losing the Challenge would still cost the Challenger a time out. In addition, a Supervising Official with access to all of the video angles would have the authority to supersede all of the game officials. The decision of the Supervising Official would be final. Excessive protesting or celebrating by any player or coach would result in an Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty.

[twocents]

UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago
Speaking of the crappy officiating in the Saints game and politics...

Cedric Richmond, a U.S. Congressman from New Orleans and member of the Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, is "inviting NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer some important questions to the subcommittee, about the unfair call against the Saints" and to have "this issue addressed so that it does not happen again".

As legalized gambling begins to proliferate, the NFL should be concerned that any given controversy could be the controversy that prompts Congress to conclude that the NFL isn’t capable of taking care of its own business — and that Congress should do it for the NFL.

More specifically, the league should fear the possible creation of a federal agency that would oversee the NFL, and possibly other pro sports. That’s the last thing the league would want, since it would remove from the league the exclusive authority to determine the league’s business, subject to the authority of no one.

profootballtalk  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Never mind. Not worth explaining.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Alan, I didn't blow you off. I checked, I did respond. The response wasn't to your liking.

Something I try (and my goodness do I fail a lot) to remind myself of this quote.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
I apologize. I made the mistake of letting a poster here get under my skin.
Won’t happen again.
And gbguy, thank you for asking about how I am doing.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I apologize. I made the mistake of letting a poster here get under my skin.
Won’t happen again.
And gbguy, thank you for asking about how I am doing.

Letting someone get under skin isn't necessarily something that merits an apology. It just shows that you care about what others think. The solution is understand some people are assholes.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago

True, as far as security goes. But why worry about security at a football game, when there is a group that doesn’t give a damn about security for the country’s border?
Isn’t protecting Americans more important then security at a game?

As far as the actual game goes, I’m hoping for a Rams victory. But I have a suspicion that the refs won’t let that happen.
The Saints got screwed by the refs. So I don’t trust the officials very much.

It's ok for you to have opinions and for you to post about it. However my point was that funding for security at the SB may suffer while the government remains shutdown. It does imply support for or against any political side. Just that funding to pay for the necessary security may need to be supported by the NFL this year. It would be terrible to have some violent incident occur that better security could have prevented. After all 99.99% of those attending the SB will be Americans.

Your welcome to start up a thread to express your political views, but don't get angry if it ends up in the "Back Alley". There you can post as you like and not impose your politics upon those that come here to escape such things. As for those that left this forum or were banned, you can most likely find them posting on other sites.

No one is attacking you Cheesey, nor do any wished to be attacked either. I'll look forward to reading your post on the NFL, the Packers, other sports, travel, cooking, medical issues, etc.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

It's ok for you to have opinions and for you to post about it.

Your welcome to start up a thread to express your political views, but don't get angry if it ends up in the "Back Alley". There you can post as you like and not impose your politics upon those that come here to escape such things. As for those that left this forum or were banned, you can most likely find them posting on other sites.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

The tone here comes as if you are a moderator or admin of the site. Obviously, you are not. Rather than coming off like you're holier than thou and run the show, how about leading by example instead? Thank you for your understanding.

No one is attacking you Cheesey, nor do any wished to be attacked either. I'll look forward to reading your post on the NFL, the Packers, other sports, travel, cooking, medical issues, etc.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I 100% agree!!
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Beast posted from a news article:

Cedric Richmond, a U.S. Congressman from New Orleans and member of the Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, is "inviting NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer some important questions to the subcommittee, about the unfair call against the Saints" and to have "this issue addressed so that it does not happen again".

The last people I want involved in the NFL is the US goverment, particularly Congress. They should keep their arrogant noses out of it, and get a handle on the things under their purview.

Generally “We must not look to government to solve our problems. Government is the problem.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.