longtimefan
15 years ago
lets start by you providing something to show he said he was upset he wasnt going to play for the niners
longtimefan
15 years ago
DH as I said..if your going to just say you cant stand him for no reason, we can't argue that now can we? But when you toss things out there that are 100% wrong, of course we will slam ya...

The SI article I can tell you 100%, his quotes were twisted around to create something controversial..and it worked, look at ya, your STILL referring to it months later..

I have told you repeatedly to call call the PR dept and ask..

I know I did ;)

But I called them AFTER someone with in the team had mentioned that the artcile was false.
Roddyboy
15 years ago
Wow.

It's amazing how all the Rodger's stuff in the media is false...and all the Br...."other guys" stuff is true!
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

Wow.

It's amazing how all the Rodger's stuff in the media is false...and all the Br...."other guys" stuff is true!

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Nope lot of stuff is not true..As we have found out when he was ALLOWED to tell his side..

unlike how the pr dept had told Aaron Rodgers NOT to tell his side

See how it works?
Ginco19
15 years ago

Let me state my thoughts on why your analogy doesn't work.

The relationship between a customer and a retail store like K-Mart is almost purely professional. You have no vested interest in the welfare of the night manager, or his replacement. Provided you are able to purchase the goods you are looking for, the change hardly affects you.

As a fan of a football team, many people feel as though they are a part of the team. This sort of amicable relationship is encouraged by a lot of teams in a lot of sports. The fans become an extension of the team, for better or worse. Fans tend to engulf themselves in the lives of their players, and often get caught up in the 'personal' side of the game. The feeling, the actions and inaction, the emotion, the words. They disassociate with the professional, business side of the deal. The compensation paid for the player. Contractual terms. Opportunity costs.

This is where a lot of people get hung up; they can't get over the fact that the night manager was not rehired, and feel it is a personal slap in the face to someone they love and cherish.

A more appropriate analogy is if employee 2 was your (favourite?) sibling or child, and they were replaced by an employee who's future was specifically to replace your sibling. They view it as the manager's chance to capitulate their long term plans. Would you hold animosity against him? You probably would. That is the issue a lot of 'Packer fans' seem to have against Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers.

Objectivity is a difficult thing to establish and maintain, especially in regards to fandom in sports.

And even if one was relatively objective, people place different emphasis or importance on different aspects of the deal.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I completely understand what your saying and you are 100% Correct. If you look at my first point at the bottom I said that. The whole analogy which i understand was completely elementary and even made me lol when i wrote it was just so that we could have more thought put into our answers.

And im still curious for the guys who dont like Rodgers, if Favre was still retired or if hasslebeck was our back up?
15 years ago
All of this is just crazy. I don't get how can you already dislike a guy that has done nothing but play football for our team. He's played/started 11 games with the packers, we barely know the guy. Give the guy a chance. You say he's not performing? He's putting up good numbers, and still putting us in a spot for another division title. This is his first year as a starter in the nfl, what did you expect. If i remember correctly favre took the packers to a 9-7 season, correct me if im wrong in his first season as a starter. Rodgers still has a chance of doing that, even with better stats. And don't think im not a favre fan because i am. Hes my favorite player of all time. I just don't get why people aren't giving rodgers a chance. And as far as the contract issue. You should be happy for him because he has done nothing but play football for the packers. If you like it or not hes your quaterback. Until someone shows me a legitimate reason to dislike him, it would have to be really bad to stop me from rooting for rodgers and compay every sunday. Rodgers is rodgers and thats all he will ever be.
UserPostedImage
Ginco19
15 years ago

YES YES YES. I will tell you why i can't stand Rodgers for it is known i can't stand him. Where to start other then he is an I player not a team player.

Look at the draft, he sat there and had 23 other teams pass on him so he pouted. He even said in the preseason he was upset that the 49ers didn't draft him. During this off season he kept saying this is my team and if Brett came back he would have to beat him out because this was his team. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy made him the chosen one and he hasn't kept this team on the high level of the NFL.

Another point he gets a contract extension becuase they afraid he might leave to another team, that is proof in the pudding did you hear ole #4 ever say if he would goto another team if he didn't get a contract extension? I remember #4 redoing his contract to help sign players the team needs like when he said he would take a pay cut to sign Moss, will you ever hear that come from Rodgers i really doubt that after all Jennings said he wouldn't discuss his contract till after the season and then what a day or two later Rodgers says gimmie that money.

Since the contract extension he has sucked in 3 of the 4 games he didn't deserve shit. He needs to let actions on the field do his talking and he hasn't proven he can do that. I recall atleast 4 games when we had chances to win and he couldn't do it.

The last reason i can't stand him is all the praise he gets and people saying he is a top 10 qb by looking at stats. So by doing that you say he is better then Big Ben, Peyton Manning. Get real people But then again i know another qb is going to get a huge contract and thats matt cassell because he is doing great, are you telling me he is one of the top 10 qbs in the league.

Those are the reasons i can't stand Rodgers and thats the truth.

As far as the original post you also can't do that because did the big boss tell the retired manager he couldn't go work for Wal-mart? You forget Ted Thompson wanted to send Brett to a losing team that he wouldn't have to face or did you forget that MInn and Chicago were both willing to give a #1 pick but Ted Thompson didn't want him in the division? To back that look at the trade to the jets if the Jets trade brett to the vikings they will lose their next 3 years #1 picks.

"dhazer" wrote:

Ill say this, I respect your answer because you actually gave me reasons why, weather or not I agree or not or weather their true or not as many people are claiming i can see a line of thought, where as some other people all i get is "Favre!!!! why did you leave us!..... I hate you new kid".

Your point about the draft:
Last year after the playoff lost, i think there were a few packers dissapointed and Favre may have been one of them. My point, things dont always go your way, even in football and just because he's in the NFL he gets frusterated when things dont go the way you planned it. Im sure almost everyone would have been yelling at him "whoa WHOA! dont say that on nation TV.... big uh oh if you say, aww come on, you had to that wasnt smart Rodgers!" ...... or something like that.

Your point on Favre vs Rodgers:
obviously he knew he wouldnt win trying to beat out favre for that job. As a competitor if your boss says your the starter thats what you go with, and you have to be confident other wise there would be more people who didnt like rodgers. I want my QB to be fully confident in himself, if he is too confident thats better to me then doubting himself. That is an issue of opinion and there is nothing wrong with your opinion, i just do not agree with it.

Your points on the stats.
Stats are a hard game to play at. I want wins more than better stats so too a point i agree with you on this but not by much. and the main reason is you dont get that good of stats on accident or not by working hard. Ill put it this way (I hate the Titans, i live in TN) The Titans were 10-0 and as much as i hate them and i think they are over rated you dont get to 10-0 on accident. I dont see how Rodgers can statistically in the top 10 without knowing what he is doing and putting a lot of work into it. Disclaimer: Good stats does NOT excuse 6 losses. I judge Rodgers play by what he is a first year starter, not a 17 year starter, he will make mistakes and when he does, Im watching to see if he makes those same mistakes again or if he learns from them.

Your last point on store/tt/mm
This is exactly what im talking about, It makes sense to me that you would be mad at TT/MM rather than Rodgers.(which im sure you are) Thats why this whole thread is about "Why we hate Rodgers" and not why we hate TT. cause i can see a reason out there to dislike TT.

Like i said before i give you props for having reasons to disliking Rodgers and stating them. I know you are not someone who just thinks Rodgers is a doo doo head just for the heck of it. Thank you
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Yep!

Aaron is an "I" Man.

Can we trade him to the Federal Government for Vick?
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
agopackgo4
15 years ago
fuck it all!! who cares if you like Rodgers or not, he is our QB and there is nothing any of us can do about it!!! Personally i love Rodgers and I think he is a great guy. Just as good as Favre as far as personality goes. And I'm proud to have him as our quarterback. And this is all coming from a guy who is as big a Favre fan as you can get.
mkapp
15 years ago
The answer to question 1 is simple. YES, because punching people in the balls is just plain funny.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (2h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (3h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (3h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (19h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
42m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.