dfosterf
15 years ago
damn-- I was late--- sorry.

Happy Thanksgiving, green/white/gold....

...got me a little too revved up there pard.
dhazer
15 years ago

A think Ted Thompson is a GENIUS! who else could convince Packerland that a .500 team is building for the future.

"longtimefan" wrote:

yeah how can a team go from the CG one year then miss playoffs next year

Signed

2006 Bears and Saints

2005 Broncos

2004 Eagles and Falcons

"greenwhiteandnogold" wrote:

So what are you saying Longtime? You letting us know our team is going to suck for awhile like those teams?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

A think Ted Thompson is a GENIUS! who else could convince Packerland that a .500 team is building for the future.

"dhazer" wrote:

Signed

2006 Bears and Saints

2005 Broncos

2004 Eagles and Falcons

"longtimefan" wrote:

So what are you saying Longtime? You letting us know our team is going to suck for awhile like those teams?

It is not uncommon at all for teams to falter the year AFTER the make it to the SB or CG, and that is with the same rosters ( or main parts) as what they had the previous season..Only exception out of those teams was I think Vick broke his leg in 2005

and why must you ALWAYS twist things around to suit your arguments?
dhazer
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

Signed

2006 Bears and Saints

2005 Broncos

2004 Eagles and Falcons

"dhazer" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

It is not uncommon at all for teams to falter the year AFTER the make it to the SB or CG, and that is with the same rosters ( or main parts) as what they had the previous season..Only exception out of those teams was I think Vick broke his leg in 2005

and why must you ALWAYS twist things around to suit your arguments?

I was just saying because those teams havent done squat since
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I think with what he has had to work with he's done a decent job. Although I think his evaluation on OL is terrible and I also think he needs to take a risk every now and then. I think ted kind of waits for things to fall into his lap instead of reaching out and getting it at times.

I'm actually more concerned with McCarthy than Thompson.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

Hey!!! Don't be stealing my sig. and use it as an opinion!!! :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:
Ted Thompson is the GM and he is making the decisions he wants. In a perfect world The Pack would have picked up right where they left off last year.

Nobody's perfect.

I am going to reserve judgement for a few more weeks.

I still have faith in the guys who take the field evry week that they will put things together the last 5 weeks and make a push into the play-offs.

If not it is going to be a dissapointing season.

The Pack misses the play-offs then we will see what kind of GM Ted Thompson is, he will be under a lot of pressure to fix things quickly!!!

EVERYBODY HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Remember no matter how bad you think it is......YOU COULD BE A DETROIT LION FAN!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
15 years ago

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Hey!!! Don't be stealing my sig. and use it as an opinion!!! :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Ted Thompson is the GM and he is making the decisions he wants. In a perfect world The Pack would have picked up right where they left off last year.

Nobody's perfect.

I am going to reserve judgement for a few more weeks.

I still have faith in the guys who take the field evry week that they will put things together the last 5 weeks and make a push into the play-offs.

If not it is going to be a dissapointing season.

The Pack misses the play-offs then we will see what kind of GM Ted Thompson is, he will be under a lot of pressure to fix things quickly!!!

EVERYBODY HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Remember no matter how bad you think it is......YOU COULD BE A DETROIT LION FAN!!!!

Have a happy turkey day also but it wouldn't be that bad to be a lion fan because you would be happy to make it to 8-8 lol oops wait i remember those days in green bay. Hell i remember the days we would be happy to just beat the bears.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
Entering the season I probably would have given him a B to a B+, but let's face it, Ted Thompson has made very poor decisions this off season and it's hurt Green Bay.

Rodgers over Favre probably not the right route, but you know we'll just toss that aside since that's a debate in itself and Aaron Rodgers has been pretty solid. Even the biggest Favre fans that despise Rodgers would have to agree with that.

Three big ones stick out.

1. Letting go of Corey Williams.

I was mixed when it happened, but the fact that we traded Corey Williams for Brian Brohm leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This is a team that was one kick away from the Super Bowl. There wasn't any need to let Corey Williams go for the No. 3 QB on the roster.

However, let's say money is a factor and Williams would have held out. Nothing to prove he would have but for discussion lets. Thompson's inability to fine a replacement for Williams is the true problem. Harrell is soft, and the rest are underachievers.

Sorry, but Thompson misfired on this one at least for this season. Maybe Harrell shows up next year.

2. Trading down for Jordy Nelson.

I say this because we traded with the Jets. Who did the Jets trade up to get?

Dustin Keller. How good would Dusin Keller be for Aaron Rodgers right now? Keller has become Favre's go to guy in the clutch and has proven to be a true threat in the middle of the field. Looking back, the move down really hurts. Nothing against Jordy Nelson either. Nice player, but TE would have been a better pick and I felt Keller was higher up on most draft boards including mine.

3. Tony G for a 2nd sounds good to me.

So we didn't get Keller and granted this one Ted Thompson blew during the season, but it's still on his record.

Tony G for a 2nd makes sense. Not only does he take the strength of your team and make it close to unstoppable, but he pretty much forces defenses to defend the middle of the field because he's such a threat. They already have to defend the outside with Jennings and Driver proving to be capable even with Rodgers. This not only makes Rodgers and the passing game better, but as well as the running game. It makes Ryan Grant better. It provides a leader in the locker room for at least two and maybe three years if things go well.

Yet the deal that could have and should have happen never did.

All in all I like the job Thompson has done. His first two drafts have proven to be very strong top to bottom. His last two are obviously still up in the air, but we've seen flashes.

However, this past off season, Thompson disappointed. It's like being the MVP or in this case executive of the year and missing the Pro Bowl the next season. Unfortunately for the Packers, that's kind of what Thompson did. He went from being one of the top GM's to being rather average because of a below average off season in my opinion.

Hopefully he can rebound next off season or better yet, maybe the Packers can go on a run this year and give us a little redemption.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
We had the T. Gonzalez trade finalized, but the Chiefs backed out on us. I think we had a round 2 draft pick for him but they backed out in the final minutes...
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

I think with what he has had to work with he's done a decent job. Although I think his evaluation on OL is terrible and I also think he needs to take a risk every now and then. I think ted kind of waits for things to fall into his lap instead of reaching out and getting it at times.

I'm actually more concerned with McCarthy than Thompson.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

The last part there Zero got me thinking and looking back, Maybe we all pointed the offseason circus at Brett vs. Ted Thompson maybe it was Mike McCarthy pulling the strings and Ted Thompson is just the puppet. We never did hear from Ted Thompson but it was always Mike McCarthy saying the train left blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong i still don't think Ted Thompson is that great of a GM but maybe Mike McCarthy is trying to make it his team and have his stamp on it. I still don't like the fact you never see Ted Thompson with anything on that has the Packer logo on it.
UserPostedImage