IronMan
15 years ago
The media really grilled Mike McCarthy about Frost today in his press conference. Mike McCarthy talked about how well Frost does in practice. He was asked why Frost is still on the team, when they had no problem cutting Jon Ryan . His answer, "Well I think he punted well in the Chicago game."

LOL

Then a reporter said, ok, that is one game, what about the others?

MM: "Ok guys I think you have made your point, lets move on."

Like I said before, Frost must have naked pictures of Ted Thompson.

"Well he punted well in the Chicago game..." LOL Wow.
Packnic
15 years ago

The media really grilled Mike McCarthy about Frost today in his press conference. Mike McCarthy talked about how well Frost does in practice. He was asked why Frost is still on the team, when they had no problem cutting Jon Ryan . His answer, "Well I think he punted well in the Chicago game."

LOL

Mike McCarthy: "Ok guys I think you have made your point, lets move on."

LOL Mike McCarthy has lost his mind.

"IronMan" wrote:

look man... I hate Frost just as much as anyone. he sucks it was a stupid move by Stock and Thompson to get rid of Jon Ryan. we know that now.

but calling someone out, and making personel decisions in a press conference is not something a good coach does.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

but calling someone out, and making personel decisions in a press conference is not something a good coach does.

"Packnic" wrote:

Agreed.. but addressing it three weeks ago during the bye would have been appropriate.

I don't want him coming out blasting individual players, I agree that lacks professionalism, but our house isn't messy anymore.. half the walls just crumbled in with giant drafts freezing our asses.

If they felt confident enough to cut the strings on Ryan in a heartbeat.. Frost didn't even complete a workout.. then surely we can pull in the Wisconsin punter from last year and give him a shot.. he averaged a hell of a lot better than either did last season.. and held for the kicking game.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
IronMan
15 years ago

LOL

"Packnic" wrote:

look man... I hate Frost just as much as anyone. he sucks it was a stupid move by Stock and Thompson to get rid of Jon Ryan. we know that now.

"IronMan" wrote:

There is no excuse for keeping this guy on the team as long as they have. NONE. Yes it was a stupid move. Even more stupid to keep him for as long as they have.

I'm not asking them to make personnel decisions at the press conference. I'm asking them to make personnel decisions PERIOD. Cut the loser for crying out loud. Holy fucking shit.
Packnic
15 years ago

LOL

"IronMan" wrote:

"Packnic" wrote:

There is no excuse for keeping this guy on the team as long as they have. NONE. Yes it was a stupid move. Even more stupid to keep him for as long as they have.

I'm not asking them to make personnel decisions at the press conference. I'm asking them to make personnel decisions PERIOD. Cut the loser for crying out loud. Holy fucking shit.

"IronMan" wrote:

i can agree with that. its about time to say goodbye to Frost.
blank
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed two punters this season, and both have been worse than Frost.

I really think there isn't a whole lot out there that is clearly better than Frost.

Ted has shown he can admit mistakes and move on (Marquand Manuel being cut one year after being signed, and playing terribly), so I don't think it's as simple as saying "get rid of Frost, sign someone new".

Today, McCarthy basically said the criticism of Frost in media, and amongst fans, has been clearly heard. I'm expecting we'll have this fixed next season, but in the mean time the Packers need to make do with what they have, which is in my opinion better than what is currently available in on the street.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

Agreed.. but addressing it three weeks ago during the bye would have been appropriate.

I don't want him coming out blasting individual players, I agree that lacks professionalism, but our house isn't messy anymore.. half the walls just crumbled in with giant drafts freezing our asses.

If they felt confident enough to cut the strings on Ryan in a heartbeat.. Frost didn't even complete a workout.. then surely we can pull in the Wisconsin punter from last year and give him a shot.. he averaged a hell of a lot better than either did last season.. and held for the kicking game.

"pack93z" wrote:

Perhaps the Packers' feel the Wisconsin rookie Punter is no more tougher mentally than Frost? Clearly, Frost's problems are mental. He has good practices, coaches say he has to transfer his practice playing to the games. It isn't as if he has terrible mechanics or something.

At this point, if I were a member of the Packers' staff I'd bring in a sports Psychologist and let him do his thing with Frost. If I'm not mistaken, BJ Sanders credited seeing a sports psychologist with his improved punting in college.
IronMan
15 years ago

but in the mean time the Packers need to make do with what they have, which is in my opinion better than what is currently available in on the street.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

So you are telling me that there is not a punter out there than can punt the ball further than 20 yards...IN A DOME?

"You can't be serious?!"
-John McEnroe
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

but in the mean time the Packers need to make do with what they have, which is in my opinion better than what is currently available in on the street.

"IronMan" wrote:

So you are telling me that there is not a punter out there than can punt the ball further than 20 yards...IN A DOME?

"You can't be serious?!"
-John McEnroe

No, I'm saying there is no punter that can perform better than Frost outside, in the cold, than Frost.

Those two 20 something yard punts were inexcusable. But the Packers play 4 of their last 5 games outside (3 at Lambeau, 1 at Chicago) where the punter will be punting in harsh conditions. Not in a dome.

I agree with you in every respect about Frost IM, but I saw the Steelers game a couple of weeks ago, and with snow on the ground their Punter made Frost look like an all pro.
Pack93z
15 years ago

Perhaps the Packers' feel the Wisconsin rookie Punter is no more tougher mentally than Frost? Clearly, Frost's problems are mental. He has good practices, coaches say he has to transfer his practice playing to the games. It isn't as if he has terrible mechanics or something.

At this point, if I were a member of the Packers' staff I'd bring in a sports Psychologist and let him do his thing with Frost. If I'm not mistaken, BJ Sanders credited seeing a sports psychologist with his improved punting in college.

"pack93z" wrote:

Calling doctor Phil.. :lol:

UserPostedImage

But let me ask you this question, why spend that much effort on a one year filler?

To me... the punter issue is down quite a ways in the problem department for the Packers currently... bring in and "quack" if that will help the issue. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.