Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline brnt247  
#31 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:16:16 PM(UTC)
brnt247

It was a pretty poor pick, but he's allowed to have a bad one or two after getting Collins and Jennings in my opinion.
blank
Offline Bigbyfan  
#32 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:38:30 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
All I remember about that draft year is:

12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch - RB
13 St. Louis Adam Carriker - DE
14 NY Jets Darrelle Revis
15 Pittsburgh Lawrence Timmons - LB
16 Green Bay Justin Harrell - DT

Lynch, Lynch, Lynch, Lynch. I kept praying, hoping, finger crossing that he would drop to us.

I think Olsen was who everyone was expecting us to take if I remember correctly?

After I saw Marshawn get picked :crybaby: I wanted us to pick Reggie Nelson or Ben Grubbs
blank
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#33 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:36:53 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 66

Ok, first of all Justin got nicked up. All football players get nicked up (albeit Justin more than others).

The biggest test will be tomorrow, if Harrell plays then everyone should eat their words because the kid has shown something we were all wanting to see: toughness.

Look at Will Blackmon... injured last game. Why isn't anyone complaining? Oh yeah, he's proven to be tough this year, played through nagging injuries that are bound to occur during the season.

SO Justin got nicked up. I can live with that for now. I'm expecting him to play tomorrow. If he can't play, then we've got a problem and everyone should start with the "damn he is just too fragile" talk.

Until then, realize that nicks are normal, and no doubt Harrell has been practicing more so than any other player lately since he needs the most work getting back into football shape. Tomorrow will be a big day for Harrell, can he finally start to show that he has the ability to tough it out? Until then, don't count the dude out because he simply got nicked up (again).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline bozz_2006  
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:54:15 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

Ok, first of all Justin got nicked up. All football players get nicked up (albeit Justin more than others).

The biggest test will be tomorrow, if Harrell plays then everyone should eat their words because the kid has shown something we were all wanting to see: toughness.

Look at Will Blackmon... injured last game. Why isn't anyone complaining? Oh yeah, he's proven to be tough this year, played through nagging injuries that are bound to occur during the season.

SO Justin got nicked up. I can live with that for now. I'm expecting him to play tomorrow. If he can't play, then we've got a problem and everyone should start with the "damn he is just too fragile" talk.

Until then, realize that nicks are normal, and no doubt Harrell has been practicing more so than any other player lately since he needs the most work getting back into football shape. Tomorrow will be a big day for Harrell, can he finally start to show that he has the ability to tough it out? Until then, don't count the dude out because he simply got nicked up (again).

hey! you're alive! Zero, call off the search party.
UserPostedImage
Offline arrowgargantuan  
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:03:09 AM(UTC)
arrowgargantuan

he's a big creampuff dude. he's made of broken dreams and woman feelings. the sooner we except that the better off we'll be.

nice rant though, it almost sounded like his mother wrote it!
Offline bozz_2006  
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:05:21 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

heh. woman feelings.
UserPostedImage
Offline arrowgargantuan  
#37 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:07:50 AM(UTC)
arrowgargantuan

heh. woman feelings.

i thought you'd like that.
#38 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:30:23 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

hey! you're alive! Zero, call off the search party.

College and work... barely any time to post.
#39 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:35:24 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

he's a big creampuff dude. he's made of broken dreams and woman feelings. the sooner we except that the better off we'll be.

nice rant though, it almost sounded like his mother wrote it!

lol, yes now that I sound like a mother, plastic surgery will bring me a step closer to looking like one too... then one day I'll actually have a baby of my own... ahem, oh your point...

I kinda expect Harrell to get injured, well I actually expect it to happen sooner or later. The thing is though, if it's a minor nick that he can play through, I'm fine. At least show some toughness. This is his chance to do it, so I'm not gonna use this latest example as proof that he simply can't play in the NFL.

At some point he'll have to prove that he can play through nagging injuries... this is his chance. But my belief in the dude is hanging on by a thread.
Offline arrowgargantuan  
#40 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:56:16 AM(UTC)
arrowgargantuan

I kinda expect Harrell to get injured, well I actually expect it to happen sooner or later. The thing is though, if it's a minor nick that he can play through, I'm fine. At least show some toughness. This is his chance to do it, so I'm not gonna use this latest example as proof that he simply can't play in the NFL.

At some point he'll have to prove that he can play through nagging injuries... this is his chance. But my belief in the dude is hanging on by a thread.

i can agree with that, but i think he's just going to be perpetually injured for his short career. the future is bleak for this dude.
Offline IronMan  
#41 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:32:46 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

he's a big creampuff dude. he's made of broken dreams and woman feelings.

+1
Offline Cheesey  
#42 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:11:41 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

All I remember about that draft year is:

12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch - RB
13 St. Louis Adam Carriker - DE
14 NY Jets Darrelle Revis
15 Pittsburgh Lawrence Timmons - LB
16 Green Bay Justin Harrell - DT

Lynch, Lynch, Lynch, Lynch. I kept praying, hoping, finger crossing that he would drop to us.

I think Olsen was who everyone was expecting us to take if I remember correctly?

I thought we were gonna go after Lynch.
Which i wish we could have. Bullalo screwed that up for us.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#43 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:14:05 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

UserPostedImage

I just HAD to caption this pic:

"Coach! Coach! I think i pulled both my shoulder muscles trying to put my jersey on!!!"
UserPostedImage
Offline PWT36  
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:55:17 AM(UTC)
PWT36

United States

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 31

Many young NFL players ahave sustained injuries far worse that Justin Harrill in their early years with the Packers.

Former Packer center Mike Flanagan in his first two years with the Packers - Mike Flanagan suffered season ending injuries in his first two training camps . Flanagan was on IR h is first two years with the Packers. In his 3rd season with the Packers Mike Flanagan only played 2 games. However in 4th year, He was the starting center from 1999 -2006. He showed up to play for just about every game and w as very a dependable player for the Packers at the center position from 1999- 2006.

Give up on Justin Harrell already. I don't think sooo. I have been following the Green Bay Packers for over 60 years. There have always been injuries in football, It is part of the game. Deal with it, I have long ago, learned to deal with it!!
Offline bozz_2006  
#45 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:13:06 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed