Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Packnic  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 4:47:55 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I was only speaking to the injuries. I do get a kick out of his descriptions.
That's why I call them McCarthyisms, and yes, I was joking about it, and will continue to do so. My all time favorite is the dread thought that one of these pressers he's gonna say someone has a "groin"... you do the math.

I've got a groin.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 4:53:07 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 391
Applause Received: 1,063

Packnic.. agreed.. that really was the point of the article.. for as much grief that I shot at Mike McCarthy this week and post presser.. he took a few steps that hadn't been done in previous weeks or seasons looking for a solution.

IE.. trying to cure what is killing us.. those, right there are the things I am looking for... pushing the players to elevate their play.

Personally a 1st series benching of say.. hmm Colledge would firm up some faith as well.. remember last year when they implied that Colledge's starting job was at stake a point last season.. an magically he was focused the next couple of games.. we don't see that here.. same lineup, same routine.. same results.

But again.. this article.. albeit a little nugget shows that they are starting to show focus on problem areas.. I hope those changes are 10 fold behind closed doors.. things we won't see until Sunday.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Packnic  
#18 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 4:57:46 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

This defense needs a "Wayne Simmons" type of personality injection. I want to see some nasty, physical play out of this defense....make opponents fear contact.

i can't say it enough... AARON ROUSE.

that would be all well and good if Rouse was a better player than Collins or Bigby... He isn't.

undefeated when Rouse starts.

You think Rouse should start over Bigby or Collins?

I have faith in the coaching staff to make the right decisions, as its panned out in the past.

But Rouse started two games and brought 3 things I havent seen yet from Bigby since returning. 1. Hard physical play 2. Big game changing plays and 3. attitude. the statement from Digs was... we need some nasty and some physical. When Aaron Rouse was in the game.. we got it. I haven't seen that from Bigby.

Obviously the coaching staff disagrees so I mean ...you win... but I just think that Rouse comes to play on Sunday and brings the pain with him and it shows.
blank
Offline dfosterf  
#19 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:01:55 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Looks like my knee injury link got skipped over. I think it's an excellent link, and can actually answer questions many fans might have. The author is a fellow packer fan that lives on another message board... He is Nope-checked-- physicist.

Bottom line, cut to the chase for those too occupied to go back and read it... Barnett done for the year, in case there was a question about it, could be viewed as one of those answers sought in the presser.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline bozz_2006  
#20 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:02:52 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

This defense needs a "Wayne Simmons" type of personality injection. I want to see some nasty, physical play out of this defense....make opponents fear contact.

i can't say it enough... AARON ROUSE.

that would be all well and good if Rouse was a better player than Collins or Bigby... He isn't.

undefeated when Rouse starts.

You think Rouse should start over Bigby or Collins?

I have faith in the coaching staff to make the right decisions, as its panned out in the past.

But Rouse started two games and brought 3 things I havent seen yet from Bigby since returning. 1. Hard physical play 2. Big game changing plays and 3. attitude. the statement from Digs was... we need some nasty and some physical. When Aaron Rouse was in the game.. we got it. I haven't seen that from Bigby.

Obviously the coaching staff disagrees so I mean ...you win... but I just think that Rouse comes to play on Sunday and brings the pain with him and it shows.

I like yer style! +1
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:04:02 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,914
Applause Received: 2,118

If Bigby was 100% I'd say he should start, but I kind of like that Rouse kid when he's healthy.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:06:52 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 391
Applause Received: 1,063

Looks like my knee injury link got skipped over. I think it's an excellent link, and can actually answer questions many fans might have. The author is a fellow packer fan that lives on another mesaage board... He is also a physician, I believe.

Bottom line, cut to the chase for those too occupied to go back and read it... Barnett done for the year, in case there was a question about it, could be viewed as one of those answers sought in the presser.

It was a well informing link.. but my blood started to boil a little... thinking about last weeks game.. out the door went the discussion of Barnett and his knee..

Thanks for adding to Mike McCarthy presser and explaining it.. well done...

Now back to tar and feathering MM.. :lol:
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#23 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:14:12 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Duke Robinson, Herman Johnson, AND Alex Mack (Go Brett, go, baby)
I hope you get that, Pack. :)
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.