DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Well done Barfarn. I bet there's a lot of truth to what you say. I'm hopeful...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Smokey
7 years ago

Rodgers always has had those “happy feet;” but they really weren’t “happy feet.” His feet were not planted, he was dancing like Ali; it allowed him to pivot faster when he wanted to throw in a different direction in which his body was previously positioned. This was a strength.

Today, they truly are “happy feet.” There are 2 things wrong with Rodgers: (#1) he’s afraid of the rush, hence the happy feet. There are 15 or so throws a game that a QB will need to stand fearless and deliver the ball, on a third of these you’re gonna get hit. It is interesting that Rodgers refusal to take a hit is linked with an announcement that he’d like to play into his 40s.

And connected to (#1) is (#2): he’s not singularly focused on his throw. Cobb and Adams have great hands, this is not why they drop so many balls. They drop balls because as the ball is coming they’re entire focus is not on catching the ball, it’s on something else, like YAC or thinking I better catch this or Lord Aaron may never trust me again. Rodgers is just as accurate as he’s always been, like Cobb and Adams possessing great hands, but his entire focus is not on the throw, it’s on other stuff.

He’s focused way too much on the rush post-snap, reducing his focus on an accurate throw.

In 2014, pre-snap he’d approach the LOS with a laser-like focus. He decided where he would throw the ball and if that guy blitzes, I’m doing this; and if that guy blitzes I’m doing that; and if the safety does this I’m going there; if Jordy is jammed I got to release the ball a half beat late, etc. Now presnap, he’s busy watching substitutions and his drive to draw teams offside has risen to a psychopathic level. This is interfering with his focus on executing the play, which is making him less sure of what he’s going to do with the ball post-snap. Note: the OL has been less effective since this draw them offside crap has gotten psychopathic. It is because these guys are not singularly focused on their blocking assignments, their attention is split with focus on getting a free 5 yards. This is why no one else is doing it!!!! We need to do this more selectively.

I also think post-snap Rodgers’ mind is clouded with all kinds of other crap; like, “how will this look on the highlights tonight” and “I don’t think I trust him enough to throw the ball there.”

Fixing it is going to be tough; primarily because Rodgers has become an arrogant dickhead. He not a leader. Ya I know he told Tretter in the huddle and he didn’t do it; but Chewing out Tretter on TV is classless and lacks empathy. 20 seconds left at the 10 and Tretter is supposed to snap the ball not sure Aaron is ready for it…I mean WTF is wrong with Rodgers.

And Lastly, Nerd, I disagree! It was McCarthy who instructed Ted to get Favre off this team; I’m 99% certain McCarthy instructed Ted to get Sitton off the team. If McCarthy thinks Hundley/Callahan or Seneca Wallace can play better; or that benching Rodgers will humble his sorry arrogant ass; he’ll do it. Because McCarthy sees the big problem, we have the same problem as the Bears. On any given day we could have a good to great QB; but it is impossible to win 3 or 4 games in a row in the playoffs.

Even Jordy was thinking, did aliens snatch my QB while I was on IR. But, he is a hope. He is the mate that can come to Rodgers and convince him something is wrong and a new approach must be had.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

It's a good thing your a long-winded SOB or people might actually read this crap. #12's production problems are directly related to WR's that can't get open and cause our star to scramble after the 3 to 4 sec. limit that the GB O-Line (or any other O-line) can protect him. Nelson, Cobb, and Cook will get better, but Stone Hands Adams will at some point loose his starting spot to another receiver.
In addition, it is early in the season and I expect to see better WR/TE/QB timing on pass plays. Also, I believe we will see Cobb line up more in the RB's position, thus creating more opportunities for screen/safety valve plays in the future.
The next GB game will not be on the road as the first two were and the Lions will be meat on the table !

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
luigis
7 years ago
I believe the problem is complex, is not just Rodgers, or McCarthy or the WRs or the OL.

Rodgers is playing scared, his mind is wrong, he is afraid of being hit, he is afraid of running, he can't protect the ball because he is thinking in his health and not the ball. In other words and as Barfan said Rodgers has become Jay Cutler. I have no idea how to fix this, but if one solution is to fire Mike McCarthy then I'd do it because a sane Rodgers is a ticket to a SB with ANY coach.

McCarthy playcalling is crap. Lacy runs 9,7,11 then the OL commits a penalty and Lacy disappears from the game, when the smoke clears we see Starks at RB. Why is he abandoning the run when the run is working? Where are the deep plays?

The WRs are a problem too neither Jordy nor Cobb nor Adams are a deep threat because they are too slow. We need a deep threat or the secondaries will just stay in the middle mangling most of our passes as the Vikings did. When was the last time you saw a Packers WR running one on one on the sideline? Answer: Janis last year.

So if you ask me and this trend continues I'd just fire McCarthy to see if something happens, we can't win without Rodgers but we can win without Mike McCarthy and maybe a blow of fresh air is what this offense needs to become elite again.

Luis
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
What are your thoughts?

It felt like a combination of a lot of things. I know we tend to get blamed up front a lot for those sacks. We’ve got to do a better job blocking. We’ve got to do a better job of staying on time with our throws. Everybody plays a part in that.

TJ Lang wrote:

Followed up later with ...

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not trying to blame someone else. We definitely have to be better up front, but it felt like there were a couple plays there where it starts getting to five, six, seven seconds, and it can be a little frustrating at times. We know we’ve got to block as long as Aaron is holding the ball, because that’s when he can make some of the big plays when he extends it. But, yeah, it’s a team game.

TJ Lang wrote:

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

What are your thoughts?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Holy Smokes. Lang calling out Rodgers in the press, Holy cow!

This is a sleazy, childish and classless move by Lang, he'll be apologizing or we can ship his ass to Chicago too!
This is the stuff you saw in SF before their implosion. Hey TJ, how about if you just STFU and critique your own play that wasn't all that perfect. That was really a stupid stupid stupid holding call he had on Barr.

On the other hand; a group of players need to stand up to Rodgers and call him out; just wish he did it in house.
DoddPower
7 years ago

Holy Smokes. Lang calling out Rodgers in the press, Holy cow!

This is a sleazy, childish and classless move by Lang, he'll be apologizing or we can ship his ass to Chicago too!
This is the stuff you saw in SF before their implosion. Hey TJ, how about if you just STFU and critique your own play that wasn't all that perfect. That was really a stupid stupid stupid holding call he had on Barr.

On the other hand; a group of players need to stand up to Rodgers and call him out; just wish he did it in house.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Yeah, I just don't get the point of saying this crap the media. It does nothing positive. Be a man and handle it internally and/or at practice face-to-face with the guy. Again, I think if McCarthy had control of his team this type of stuff wouldn't happen. At least more than once by one player. I think McCarthy has become weak.
luigis
7 years ago

What are your thoughts?

The 5 sacks:

3.38s
3.48s
2.41s
3.58s
2.96s

TJ needs to shut up. The 2.41 seconds was Barclay going for a World Record, almost got it.
Bulaga, Tretter and Bakthiari gave up bad sacks. But they OL was playing an elite defense and held quite well in the rest of the game. You can have a 5 sack night and still have a stellar performance. But for Rodgers that can't happen because he can't play well if he feels they are going to get him.

Luis
Porforis
7 years ago

What are your thoughts?

Very interesting to see this, very honest. Source?
sschind
7 years ago

It's a good thing your a long-winded SOB or people might actually read this crap.
[cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I'm not sure I agree with the rest of what you said but this part was funny as hell.

gbguy20
7 years ago
Rodgers needs a reset. If it takes being called out in the press to get that done, so be it. Lang may be wrong about the sacks being Rodgers fault, but his main point of Rodgers holding the ball too long and needing to work on his timing is 100% correct.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (42m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.