Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline packedhouse02  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 5:17:22 PM(UTC)
packedhouse02

I have sure enjoyed watching Mike McCarthy coaching this team the past few yeas but I ask this today. What the hell is going on out there? Penalties galore, a middle linebacker who can't stay home, bad tackling, lack of execution on offense......thisjust isn't typical of Mike's teams. What's going wrong?
blank
Sponsor
Offline Formo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 5:27:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I was thinkin' the same thing. Especially with your guys' offensive line. They are underplaying something fierce.

BTW, Jolly and Kampman were all over Gus again. Even though you guys are down ATM, I don't see the score staying the same.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline packedhouse02  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 6:00:11 PM(UTC)
packedhouse02

There is no excuse at the professional level for the miss tackles and not knowing your assignments. It's one thing to be outplayed, but there should be no reason to be outcoached, especially by Childress. He may be the worst coach in the league.
blank
Offline blueleopard  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:25:42 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 69

This is the first game in which the Packers offensive really did absolutely nothing and proved that they're overrated.

Pinning the game on Rodgers isn't fair. Frerotte clearly could've lost the Packers the game. Rodgers holds the ball for too long, and I'd definitely agree with that motion--but Roethlisberger holds the ball for a lot longer and he doesn't get that knock on him.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:28:38 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

I'm not one to criticize play-calling very often, but it was very weird today. Facing a fierce pass rush, they kept calling slow-developing pass plays. How about some screens, draws, slants, ANYTHING to make the defense think twice about an all-out pass rush. For the first time, I am really starting to have doubts about McCarthy. Just a terrible game today against a mediocre Vikings team that also deserved to lose, and should have.
blank
Offline Formo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:32:07 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I'm not one to criticize play-calling very often, but it was very weird today. Facing a fierce pass rush, they kept calling slow-developing pass plays. How about some screens, draws, slants, ANYTHING to make the defense think twice about an all-out pass rush. For the first time, I am really starting to have doubts about McCarthy. Just a terrible game today against a mediocre Vikings team that also deserved to lose, and should have.

I'll give it to you.. they should have lost.. But not because they are mediocre. Because they have some serious coaching issues.

Their defense played lights out. Not sure if that's GB's o-line's fault or what.

When Minnesota get's an offensive coordinator that has a brain, you'll see what I'm talking about.
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:32:53 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 348

Brad Childress didn't out coach McCarthy. He's still a poor coach even after this game. McCarthy just coached a bad game. By far the worse since he's been the coach of this team. I would say both coaches didn't know what the heck they were doing until the final drive when the Vikings just gave it to Adrian Peterson.

2nd and 3 and you run, but McCarthy throws. 3rd and 3 and he thrown again. He played for a long field goal when he didn't have too. He could have went down the field instead of playing to basically win the game with a 52+ yard field goal. That miss was on McCarthy and not Crosby.

I would say Leslie Frazier's gameplan to stop the Packers and Adrian Peterson is what won the game.
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:45:53 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

That challenge at the end was stupid.
If you win it, the Vikings get to run the clock down to nothing, and they probably score anyway.
But i think Mike McCarthy KNEW his offense couldn't win the game for him, so he was desperate.
Our o-line stinks.....period. We won't win anymore games with that bunch out there. They suck.
We SHOULD have had some shots downfield, except that Rodgers never had any time. It's hard to throw when you are on your back every play.
UserPostedImage
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:47:19 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

I don't have to much to be critical but often penalties reflect focus which often comes from the coach. Just need to bear down and we'll be alright
Offline dingus  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:51:19 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 19

If you win it, the Vikings get to run the clock down to nothing, and they probably score anyway.
But i think Mike McCarthy KNEW his offense couldn't win the game for him, so he was desperate.
Our o-line stinks.....period. We won't win anymore games with that bunch out there. They suck.
We SHOULD have had some shots downfield, except that Rodgers never had any time. It's hard to throw when you are on your back every play.

Absolutely, If I was Rodgers I'd been in the face of every single O-lineman on that team. This Loss is firmly on their shoulders. Disgusting!
blank
Offline Formo  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:53:56 PM(UTC)
Formo

Brad Childress didn't out coach McCarthy. He's still a poor coach even after this game. McCarthy just coached a bad game. By far the worse since he's been the coach of this team. I would say both coaches didn't know what the heck they were doing until the final drive when the Vikings just gave it to Adrian Peterson.

2nd and 3 and you run, but McCarthy throws. 3rd and 3 and he thrown again. He played for a long field goal when he didn't have too. He could have went down the field instead of playing to basically win the game with a 52+ yard field goal. That miss was on McCarthy and not Crosby.

I would say Leslie Frazier's gameplan to stop the Packers and Adrian Peterson is what won the game.

Everything you said, I agree with.

And, that last statement gets a +1
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:05:49 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 326

A. Peterson 30at 192yds
C. Taylor 10at 29yds

Yep...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Gravedigga  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:07:54 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Absolutely, If I was Rodgers I'd been in the face of every single O-lineman on that team. This Loss is firmly on their shoulders. Disgusting!

In no way am i going to try and defend the O-line but Rodgers just isnt seeing the field like a 65 million dollar qb. he looked lost out there. He has 21 sacks this year and Favre had 16 all season long last year. I mean, the O-line is what it is, a group of guys who would make good backups and can fill in for a start now and then. But we have 2 or 3 guys who are not starters out there every sunday. It takes a veteran qb who has full mastery of the offense to mask the weaknesses of an o-line like this.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Formo  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:08:33 PM(UTC)
Formo

Annnnnd...

I just noticed the title of this thread.

And I have to say.. that is the biggest joke I've ever seen.

Sorry, Childress can and will NEVER outcoach someone. Much less McCarthy. Seriously. Zero, could you please change the name of this thread?! lol Change it to something like how much Childress got away with one and how much more AP wanted the 'W' than GB. At least it's truthful.
UserPostedImage
Offline cajed  
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:29:52 PM(UTC)
cajed

Impossible to be out coached by Childress. Just think Thompson wanted him for a coach and Childress wanted to be the Vikings coach instead.

I think our offensive line stinks and always has since Thompson was hired. Yes he should have kept Wahl. Now he is screwing up the defensive line. McCarthy is making him look better than what he really is.

What options do we have for the line now. Look at our Tackle back ups? One rookie and Colledge. Last year we supplosedly had a deep dline. Muir was kept and hardly played. Next year he wasn't even worth keeping? Corey Williams should have remained.

Our GM stinks. One good year doesn't make him a good GM.
blank
Rss Feed