wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
8 years ago

Come this October it will be 60 years since I attended my first Packers game.
I have made my wife into a Packers fan, I have raised three children to be avid Packers fans.
We as a family have appreciated the Packers for decades.
I have seen the Packers win four Super Bowls, I would like to see them win a fifth before I go ten toes up.
Damned right I appreciate the Green Bay Packers.
What I don't appreciate is Ted Thompson's unwillingness to step out of his cocoon to more energetically pursue another Lombardi while Rodgers is in his prime.
The clock is ticking!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Sir you speak blasphemy.
Accept any crumbs tossed your way and be grateful. 😠
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago
The Packers are a distraction for me. This forum is a distraction for me. I have absolutely no control over anything they do so I refuse to get worked up over anything they do. I watch the games on Sunday when I do not have more important things to do and when I have more important things to do I don't let the fact that I missed the game bother me. I didn't used to be like that. Missing a game used to bother the heck out of me and a loss had me down for days. Not any more. Its a game and if we lose I'm pretty much over it by the next day. What I like about that is I get over the loses much quicker than I get over the wins. What I mean by that is as the wins build my excitement and enjoyment builds. For that reason I think I do appreciate the Packers because they win more than they lose and I get far more out of a win than I lose with a loss if that makes any sense.

It is my opinion that a team does not get as far as the Packers have been getting by being a bad team. This is not the NBA where signing one player turns you from a lottery team into the favorite to win it all. Yes a star like Rodgers can cover some weaknesses but it can't cover all of them and it can't make a bad team into a favorite so Yes this is a good team. It certainly could be better but it could also be worse so again, I appreciate that. I could be a Lions fan trying to convince myself of the same thing but I'm not sure I would be as successful.

Would I like to win more SBs? Of course I would but like I said, I can't control it and in the end it affects me very little so I take what I get. Some will say I am settling as a fan for not demanding more from this team but I can demand all I want, I can threaten to hold my breath until I turn blue and it won't change a single thing so why do it? That's not my thing.

Its a game. I am not a player, I am not a coach, I am not a GM, I am not even an owner. I am a fan. So continue to suit up every week my Green Bay Packers and I will continue to cheer for you. I will appreciate the joy you give me with each victory but I won't let something I have no control over get me down.
DakotaT
8 years ago

We got a hell of a lot more out of James Jones this year than we got out of Rison in 96. I swear people make such a big deal out of that signing like he came in and went Randy Moss '07 on the league when he barely even went Janis '15.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Really? See I don't have vivid memories of James Jones doing anything, and certainly not chicken walking over the goal line. I guess that's just me though. I'm sure you're right. 😂
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
If you are content to be good, you will never be great.

Strive to be great.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
8 years ago

If you are content to be good, you will never be great.

Strive to be great.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

LOL

What if you're awesome?
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago

LOL

What if you're awesome?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Hehe. You tell me, oh awesome one.

I haven't got to good yet...but I'm striving.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
yooperfan
8 years ago

LOL

What if you're awesome?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

If you're awesome, you are a 1 percenter.😝 😝
isocleas2
8 years ago
Packer fans are some of the most passionate about their team as you'll find.

However 25 years of consistent success has left some of them spoiled rotten with some unrealistic expectations. Dominance of this magnitude doesn't last forever and when the dark days do come like they did in the 70's/80's you guys will be praying for playoffs even harder than you now demand superbowls.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
But they haven't been dominant for 25 years.

2 world champions in the last 25 years isn't dominant.

1962-1967 was dominant.
DakotaT
8 years ago

If you're awesome, you are a 1 percenter.😝 😝

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

1 percenters are doucebags. We awesomers are very, very rare - you should be thankful I grace you all with my presence. 😝 And that ends todays lesson grasshoppers. 😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (28m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.