Barfarn
8 years ago

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a cancer or necessarily his lack of preparation, but there's no doubt he's becoming Baby Burt right now.

I think it was the first half in the play you alluded to when he overthrew on the left sideline when he had yards of green grass in front - it didn't escape Aikman either. Clearly his accuracy is off right now, and almost as bad is his decision making.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Every year there are 50, maybe 100 div 1, 2, 3 college QBs that can go out on an empty field and do what Aaron Rodgers does. The difference between Rodgers and the Dilwigs is what happens to their accuracy when faced with a pass rush and Ds trying to trick you.

The old Rodgers walked up to LOS, moved a receiver or back, saw the D react and knew exactly what they were doing and in turn he knew exactly where he was going depending on the movement of he D after the snap. This anticipation allowed singular focus on his throw and make a perfect strike.

His lack of anticipation is caused by him refusing coaching! And this lack of anticipation causes his singular focus on the throw to be lost...he's thinking about the rush, should I run, will the WR be in the right place, Olivia gives a crappy hummer, who knows what the FU^% is running through his head; but once his head loses focus on the throw and only the throw, you see what we call "inaccuracy."

AR's problems are 100% mental and its not a Crosby-like mental problem; it' the self-entitled I'm the greatest, point the finger at the other guy, I dont need to listen to the coaches mental problem.
musccy
8 years ago

I get what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree.
A humbling experience might be just what a primadonna needs to get his head screwed on straight.
All this greatest QB on the planet talk and comparisons to Michael Jordan have done Rodgers no favors.
Benching him when he has clearly gone off the rails MAY have produced a win yesterday.
What we do know is that the Packers lost to arguably the worst team in the NFL.
And alot of that falls on Rodgers poor play.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I agree with everything you said, especially the Michael Jordan treatment. This team put up 3 points for most of the game and had 9 punts against one of the worst defenses in the league. The offense in Carolina was due to garbage time prevent. Historically bad offense against Denver. Aaron Rodgers is at the center of all of this. It's completely impossible to avoid criticism of him at this point.

I know we're just going to agree to disagree on how to fix it, though. I think you can be humbled, knocked down a peg, and corrected in meeting rooms, film study, and outside of public spotlight.
Porforis
8 years ago

When a major league pitcher is performing as bad as Rodgers did today, he would be pulled in favor of a relief pitcher.
That is what should have happened today.
That doesn't mean he has to miss his next start.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Completely different sport and situation which is why you only extremely rarely see starting QBs benched and you routinely see starting pitchers pulled.
musccy
8 years ago

His lack of anticipation is caused by him refusing coaching! And this lack of anticipation causes his singular focus on the throw to be lost...he's thinking about the rush, should I run, will the WR be in the right place, Olivia gives a crappy hummer, who knows what the FU^% is running through his head; but once his head loses focus on the throw and only the throw, you see what we call "inaccuracy."

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I'm only quoting part of this for brevity and because the Olivia comment made me chuckle.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Joey Harrington looked great in shorts, and AR's distinction has been that generally he has the right read, throws, and plays with conviction. I don't dispute Lacy, WR separation, and OL play have contributed to this, but there is no doubt Aaron Rodgers is a spoke (or multiple) in this broken wheel.

I was just commenting on him being a team cancer. I don't know that he's to that stage (yet). People are critical of his demeanor and public quotes. I think fans extrapolate too much from that. Some get huffy and puffy when HaHa and Peppers squabble while at the same time complaining about Mike McCarthy and AR's perceived indifference (not saying you're saying that).

He's playing like shit, and showing some Burt-esque qualities now, but I don't think he's full blown diva, annual retirement threat, my way or the highway mode just yet.

texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
I scanned through the more than two pages, and unless I missed it, the name Brett Hundley never once appeared. If a "relief pitcher" is needed in the midst of the horribly heavy pass rush our rotten O Line has allowed, then maybe a QB with even more escapability would help. Tolzien, I agree, would only make things worse.

Don't get me wrong; I'm certainly not advocating benching Rodgers. That would be all out IDIOCY - just like this thoroughly STUPID talk about him being a "cancer" - good grief, people, get a grip!

Teams go through phases like this. Yesterday, in addition to the Broncos fiasco, both the Patriots and for a while, the Panthers nearly got beat (hell, Brady threw it to the other team in the last minute and damn near lost the game).

It's the overall weakness of personnel that is just now getting around to biting the Packers in the ass. Aaron Rodgers masked that for a long time. What can we do in the short term? Not much except R E L A X. For six games, circumstances went our way. The season is far from lost, and undoubtedly, things will turn back in our favor.

For the longer term, we need to do more to maximize the supporting cast. Just look around at half or more teams in the NFL who have greatly upgraded things in numerous positions - and most not even through free agency. We haven't, and we need to - the O Line sticks out like a sore thumb, but a lot of other position groups have slid down in quality too.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
luigis
8 years ago

I scanned through the more than two pages, and unless I missed it, the name Brett Hundley never once appeared. If a "relief pitcher" is needed in the midst of the horribly heavy pass rush our rotten O Line has allowed, then maybe a QB with even more escapability would help. Tolzien, I agree, would only make things worse.

Don't get me wrong; I'm certainly not advocating benching Rodgers. That would be all out IDIOCY - just like this thoroughly STUPID talk about him being a "cancer" - good grief, people, get a grip!

Teams go through phases like this. Yesterday, in addition to the Broncos fiasco, both the Patriots and for a while, the Panthers nearly got beat (hell, Brady threw it to the other team in the last minute and damn near lost the game).

It's the overall weakness of personnel that is just now getting around to biting the Packers in the ass. Aaron Rodgers masked that for a long time. What can we do in the short term? Not much except R E L A X. For six games, circumstances went our way. The season is far from lost, and undoubtedly, things will turn back in our favor.

For the longer term, we need to do more to maximize the supporting cast. Just look around at half or more teams in the NFL who have greatly upgraded things in numerous positions - and most not even through free agency. We haven't, and we need to - the O Line sticks out like a sore thumb, but a lot of other position groups have slid down in quality too.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Hundley was inactive, had he been active it would have been a good idea to put him in for a series so the coaches can have a few words with Rodgers.

Luis
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Another one bites the dust. Bengals lose with a poor QB performance - I guess it's bench Dalton time.

Seriously, I heard Foles lost his starting job.

I'm not surprised Hundley was inactive - one of the three for sure would be. Just the same, if Rodgers is ever injured, heaven forbid, it would probably be against a team with a big pass rush (of course, with our O Line, EVERYBODY has a big pass rush hahaha). In that case, Hundley would be a better option than Tolzien - and I say that as a really big supporter of Tolzien.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Smokey
8 years ago

Should McCarthy have benched Rodgers today? With those happy feet and all? Or is it the OL's fault?

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

The OL on the best of teams are seriously only expected to hold off a pass rush for 3 to 4 seconds. During that time the WR's jobs are to present the QB with a target. When they don't, the QB (happy feet and all) is basically left holding the bag. In addition, poor production in the passing attack lends no aid to the running portion of an offense. Defenses that don't need extra players to cover receivers, reap the advantage of another rusher/run stopper in the box.
WR's that can get open and catch footballs are the key to resolving the Packer's offensive malady's. The Packers coaches are bright people and know this truth already, but they can only work with the supplied players and try to make them play better. If the answer is benching a few starting WR's and starting a few less played WR's then do so, it can only improve the ever diminishing offensive production.

Coach Lombardi would at this point say,"What the hell's going on out there ?".

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.